搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Interesting Observation of ESF and RC
發新帖
查看: 9398|回覆: 2
go

Interesting Observation of ESF and RC [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-9-21 09:31 |顯示全部帖子
RC and DC are not subsidised by the government but they are only $11K more expensive per year than ESF schools. Does the government only subsidise the ESF schools $11K per year per student? This is something I don't understand. It's possible that ESF schools have more funds for operations than the independent ones, which is quite important to seccure the education standards.

Another thing I heard is that the teacher turnover rate of RC and DC is quite high. Teachers are the most important asset of a school, if you don't have good offer, you can't hire and keep experience teachers.

New schools have fancy new resources but also disadvantages, they need sometime to build up and improve the school system. My impression from the recent experience with DC is that the staff are not very professional as yet. Don't know much about RC.

2#
發表於 10-9-22 09:41 |顯示全部帖子
The independent results will be the IB exam and the GCSE results. According to the ESF news, the students acheived the maximum of 45 points in IB are from KGV and South Island School. There are 94% of ESF students awarded the IB diploma and the average mark is 33.5 in 2010.

The thing is RC and DC are not included in these result yet cos they havn't build up their college yet. This morning I saw an ad on am730 that RC is recruiting students for year11. So we need at least 2 or 3 years to see their performance in IB and GCSE.

At the moment there is no public test from which we can see the performance of the primary schools. We have to rely on comments from existing parents.

3#
發表於 10-9-22 09:44 |顯示全部帖子
Correction:
According to the ESF news, in 2010, the students achieved the maximum of 45 points in IB are from KGV and South Island School.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖