搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Shall I choose SIS?
發新帖
查看: 1283|回覆: 2
go

Shall I choose SIS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-8 23:45 |顯示全部帖子
Much has been said about the interview being a factor that affects the choice of the school. And I fail to understand why. I didn't feel anything uncomfortable about the waiting room two years ago when my daughter went for the interview, nor did I feel any discomfort when my son went this year. )n the contraty, I felt the atmosphere was casual and the kids felt no pressure at all, bearing in mind that they would be taken to a separate room some distance away for their interview. There were plenty of toys for the kids to play with and cartoons for them to watch. Of course, feelings are subjective and these are purely mine.

Yes, I agree that SIS provides very solid foundation in terms of education. If a third grader there does not speak good english, I'm afraid that has something to do with him/her. I've never heard of or come across such examples.

Different parents make different choices for different reasons. If u don't like the school so much because of the interview, simply get it off your list. I'm sure those on the waiting list would thank you for that.

2#
發表於 09-3-10 11:17 |顯示全部帖子
That's correct. I heard that the closest place that Kwoon Chung's bus would stop at was Lam Tin. One of my daughter's classmates live in Clearwater Bay and his mom has to drive her two boys to school everyday.

It's a pity and I hope that your child can go to a school that tallies with every aspect of your expectations.

Cheers
Bib

3#
發表於 09-3-11 16:17 |顯示全部帖子
In PY, the English form teachers are either native English speakers or ABCs. If my understanding is correct, most English teachers in their primary school speak with a native tongue as well. Singaporean teachers are mainly subject teachers. My daughter speaks English with a slight American accent, no singlish at all.

Some students in SIS do speak singlish, understably becos of their background and families. Interestingly, students of other nationalities can speak 'singlishly' when they are talking with their singaporean counterparts and switch back to native English at other times. I never heard any cantonese spoken in their school.

Lately when my daughter got gastro enteritis, her Form teacher called me and asked about her situation. And I was given a very detailed analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of my daughter at the parent-teacher meeting. As far as I am concerned, her teachers are very caring. These are my observations.

原帖由 sunflowersg 於 09-3-11 15:10 發表
can mummies share in SIS, are there Native English Speaker teachers for some course?

thanks!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題