用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 請問有無小朋友有語言障礙之後轉左去讀國際班有好大進步 ...
查看: 8944|回覆: 28
go

[聽/語障] 請問有無小朋友有語言障礙之後轉左去讀國際班有好大進步? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-3-22 17:00 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son is now 3.5 years old, he can speak a bit English and Cantonese, but he prefers English.  He is very enthusiastic in the English class, but not the Cantonese one.  But he seems has no problem of autism as he can play with his sister, maids and adults very good.  And his teacher in kindergarten said he has no problem in learning, just language developement delay.

He loves to read alphebets and English books, sing English songs and he can spell over 20 English words, like dog, cat, apple, moon and write them on papers correctly. Just than most of the time, he will "ee ee ar ar" not know how to express himself.... he copied the English sentences from his favourite online games, and always says "you did it", "good job", "very good", "try again".... for other English sentences, we cannot understand the real meanings.

His kindergarten is a very good local school but he cannot understand Chinese to learn the general knowledges taught by the teachers, that is why he has low marks in this subject test papers.

His father does not want him to go to International School because his sister is good at local school and he thinks Chinese is important to our kids.

I will quit my job soon to help him, just have not made up the mind whether:-

1.  to keep him at local kindergarten and teach him in Cantonese, I predict there will be many difficulties and slow improvement
OR
2. to change to International School, and not sure if he will improve his ability in expressing himself and we will loss the seat in his current kindergarten

Feeling very upset now..... and what to do?

Lycheema
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-3-26 14:01 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #1 Stockinette 的文章

Dear Stockinette

Thank you so much for your sharing of experience here.  I felt so helpless these days as we look at my son behaved just like a baby.  

At the beginning of this month, we have taken him to a speech assessment and the result told us he is 1.5 years behind in Cantonese.  They did not do the English assessment as they expressed my son is in an environment of Cantonese speaking.

In his N1 school, the teachers told me my son likes to teach in English and attend the English classes.  I told myself that he wld turn good in Cantonese when he started his school life in a famous local kindergarten, and we changed to one-language environment for 9 months, but the effect is minimal.

Last week, we talked to him in all English and I can see he was very happy and talked more and communicate with us more.
I was delighted, but yet to decide what to do.

I will forward your posting to my husband and talk to him again.  And thank you for supporting me as a full-time housewife.  I hope he will communicate better when I try my best to help him....

Lycheema

3#
發表於 08-3-27 16:35 |顯示全部帖子
Really thank you for sharing!

Although we are still considering the change of kindergarten, my son has better communication with us these days after we talked to him in English…he said “snow white every day” to indicate he wants to see the story book of snow white every night in bed… it is a small thing, but I feel so delighted of his advancement.

I have a 5.5 years old daughter who is studying in K3, she managed to speak very good Cantonese now (though she was also late in talking too, she said only simple sentence in 3 years old). She knows her brother (3.5 years old) cannot understand Cantonese, so they communicated in simple English. Therefore, it is not easy to have a pure Cantonese language environment among us in the past few months.

I think I am responsible for my son’s weak Cantonese speaking, making confusion because of the employment of one Indonesian and one Philippines maids. They flashed English cards to him from 2 years old, let him see lots of English VCD, DVD and many English books --- but my husbands and I were too busy to have time to teach him Cantonese, even if we have time, we are busy in entertaining his elder sister.

After the private assessment, he was said to have 1.5 years (Cantonese) behind, but for English, he cannot say at his own age. I know his classmates did make funs on him….but even if he was unhappy, he was unable to tell us though…. I think I need to do something to help him, before it is too late. I will help him with all my time and heart after quitting my job.
Should try to be a responsible mother now and teach him to talk BY MYSELF……

mouth:" />

[ 本文章最後由 lycheema 於 08-3-27 16:36 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 08-3-29 01:26 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks.  Tendered my resignation today, but boss pursuaded me to stay or do half day at least for some months.  After discussed with my husband, I will leave the company I worked for almost 7.5 years anyway.  He really wanted me to have better and "intensive" care to my son.

$$$ is not everything, right? we lose money here, maybe will save some money on my son later, who knows....

[ 本文章最後由 lycheema 於 08-3-29 01:58 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 08-3-30 01:27 |顯示全部帖子
Sure...life is full of challenges.

6#
發表於 08-5-3 13:08 |顯示全部帖子
My boy is at KV, the teachers are kind and caring to him.  However, I have arranged my son to study at Anfield, an international kindergarten in this Sept for K2. And starting from April we all talked to him in English, we found that he understands more and can speak short complete English sentence now.  For the past, we noticed he refused to learn and talk in Cantonese.

My son will have a government examination next Friday and I will finish my full time job next week. Hope with my company, he will improve very soon. Hope your kid will be fine too!

Lycheema

原文章由 EthanMama 於 08-4-25 22:26 發表
lycheema
Stockinette
大鴨媽

I'm so glad to see your discussion here as I have similar dilemma...

I got 3 kids and my eldest one is 5.5 years old.
So I focused on him most and ended up ignoring my  ...

7#
發表於 08-5-18 11:27 |顯示全部帖子
My son has improved steadily in English speaking after I became a full time mother, that is encouraging! Especially when we took him for a 5 days trip to Thailand with his sister, he became a bit smarter, I think, and he is more willingly to talk.

Lycheema

8#
發表於 08-6-12 19:31 |顯示全部帖子
Well, pressure will be on your son if he goes to SC, I think.  My son will start schooling at Anfield in Sept.  Looking back in the past 2 years, I have only less than one hour talking to my son during week days, because I had OT and late to home.  Today, I took him to McDonald for lunch and read him book in the afternoon.

I am regret that I have not quitted my job last year.

Lycheema

原文章由 EthanMama 於 08-6-1 00:11 發表
Congrats!

I have been talking more to my son too and he seems to be more conversant too.
I think we as parents also need to spend more time really talking to our kids to solve the fundamental problem ...

9#
發表於 08-6-19 07:32 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #1 lycheema 的文章

好開心, 我仔昨晚一口氣講"Father come", "Father Seven Eleven Strawberry ice-cream".

有進步!有進步!

10#
發表於 08-7-4 16:02 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #1 大鴨媽 的文章

多謝你! 真是一日一日數手指咁, 慢慢教.....

11#
發表於 08-7-13 00:43 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #1 lycheema 的文章

昨天見了智能中心的醫生, 話我仔智力應是正常, 但有autistic features, 而且兩小時會面中同醫生玩得太熟(唉, 咁都係自閉徵狀???), no attachment to parents 喎....(其實佢日夜都attach著我嫁!)

不過醫生話唔反對我轉亞仔讀國際幼稚園,因為亞仔嘅興趣在英文, 讀中文反而會拖慢亞仔嘅進展....好了, 現在可能要亞仔辛苦d, 讀兩間幼稚園睇睇點.....

[ 本文章最後由 lycheema 於 08-7-17 21:40 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 08-7-17 21:39 |顯示全部帖子
是較輕微自閉徵狀或叫自閉傾向, 但其實亞仔是很不怕陌生人, 而且過於不怕, 過於熱情,醫生話都是自閉徵狀.  亞仔是較為固執(例如一定要說英文)和有語言發展遲緩...所以智力中心醫生話基於此等徵狀, 相信亞仔是有autistic (tendency) features. 不過相信他智力正常. 建議排期watchdog,但社工話可能2010年才情排到.不過已經排緊隊.

我本讓他讀國際幼稚園K2, 但K1班主任好惜亞仔,於是建議他讀兩間幼稚園k2看看如何?反正有些博入名校小一的小朋友家長都是探取這種做法, 我見亞仔英文進步唔錯, 希望一試.... 真是六神無主,急病亂求醫.....

P.S. My sister in law who is children health centre nurse told me that she also had autistic features in her childhood, so I think it is heritable issue.  She told me not be too worried, she thinks my son will be fine at last.

原文章由 大鴨媽 於 08-7-13 18:17 發表
為什麼要讀兩間幼稚園???

??autistic feature??醫生有什麼建議??

[ 本文章最後由 lycheema 於 08-7-18 08:58 編輯 ]

13#
發表於 08-7-21 09:19 |顯示全部帖子
可經政府排watchdog, 很平, 不過唔知等到何時?

自己私人又已登記排watchdog,很貴,不過都係要排, 又唔知等到何時?

協康會私人又要排, 大概3個月....

14#
發表於 08-7-22 09:24 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you, will get more information.

Lycheema

原文章由 大鴨媽 於 08-7-21 10:34 發表
有朋友說在油麻地楊震也有private的,要排,你不妨試下

15#
發表於 08-9-4 00:56 |顯示全部帖子
你問語言混亂, 請看下面資料:-

中 英 文 夾 雜 下 幼 兒 易 語 言 障 礙

【 本 報 訊 】 香 港 是 國 際 大 都 會 , 精 通 兩 文 三 語 將 有 助 學 業 及 工 作 等 發 展 。 不 少 家 長 為 求 提 升 子 女 的 語 言 能 力 , 過 早 為 子 女 營 造 雙 語 環 境 學 習 語 文 , 如 刻 意 以 中 英 夾 雜 的 詞 句 對 話 及 聘 請 外 傭 等 。 有 語 言 治 療 師 警 告 , 本 港 約 有 十 一 萬 名 兒 童 患 有 語 言 障 礙 , 混 亂 的 語 言 環 境 反 而 會 阻 慢 兒 童 的 正 常 語 言 發 展 , 得 不 償 失 。
語 言 治 療 師 朱 嘉 麗 接 受 訪 問 時 表 示 , 正 常 兒 童 在 一 歲 至 一 歲 半 期 間 , 已 可 讀 出 中 文 單 字 ; 一 歲 半 至 兩 歲 更 可 道 出 由 兩 個 中 文 字 彙 組 成 的 詞 語 或 句 子 。 如 兒 童 的 語 言 發 展 階 段 較 為 緩 慢 , 即 可 能 患 有 語 言 發 展 障 礙 或 溝 通 障 礙 。 她 指 出 , 一 成 兒 童 有 語 言 障 礙 問 題 , 以 本 港 有 一 百 一 十 萬 名 十 五 歲 以 下 兒 童 及 青 少 年 計 , 估 計 本 港 約 有 十 一 萬 名 十 五 歲 以 下 人 士 患 有 不 同 程 度 的 語 言 障 礙 。
她 又 稱 , 語 言 發 展 緩 慢 的 原 因 , 除 包 括 患 有 自 閉 症 、 智 障 或 弱 聽 等 先 天 性 問 題 外 , 也 有 不 少 是 受 到 混 亂 的 語 言 環 境 影 響 所 致 , 「 十 個 語 言 發 展 慢 小 朋 友 , 有 兩 、 三 個 係 受 到 語 言 環 境 影 響 。 」 她 解 釋 , 一 至 三 歲 是 兒 童 學 習 語 言 的 起 步 階 段 , 若 在 此 時 已 同 時 學 習 兩 種 不 同 語 言 , 即 容 易 產 生 混 淆 , 尤 其 是 家 中 有 外 傭 的 兒 童 , 「 如 果 成 日 中 英 夾 雜 , 例 如 『 kiss ( 吻 ) 媽 咪 啦 』 , 會 令 佢 覺 得 好 難 分 辨 中 、 英 文 ; 而 如 果 成 日 講 英 文 , 又 可 能 令 中 文 吸 收 慢 。 」

語 言 重 應 用
朱 嘉 麗 警 告 兒 童 語 言 發 展 能 力 緩 慢 , 影 響 表 達 能 力 時 , 或 進 一 步 對 日 常 學 習 、 社 交 及 心 理 造 成 負 面 影 響 。 所 以 她 建 議 家 長 切 勿 過 早 讓 兒 童 在 雙 語 環 境 下 學 習 語 文 , 「 三 、 四 歲 先 上 班 , 識 字 都 OK 。 但 如 果 兩 、 三 歲 時 見 佢 學 習 語 文 比 人 慢 , 就 應 該 先 學 一 種 語 言 先 。 」 家 長 也 可 教 導 家 中 外 傭 講 廣 東 話 , 如 一 些 比 較 常 用 的 詞 語 , 如 「 飲 」 、 「 食 」 、 「 俾 」 及 「 衫 」 等 。
朱 嘉 麗 指 出 , 家 長 過 早 讓 子 女 觀 看 學 習 語 文 的 動 畫 教 材 , 也 不 一 定 可 以 提 升 子 女 的 外 語 能 力 , 「 其 實 睇 VCD 或 者 DVD 去 學 語 言 唔 係 咁 適 合 , 因 為 語 言 係 要 應 用 , 但 係 呢 好 貴 VCD 或 者 DVD 面 語 言 , 好 難 套 入 日 常 生 活 中 , 未 必 可 以 學 以 致 用 。 」 她 建 議 家 長 在 兒 童 兩 至 三 歲 才 開 始 讓 他 們 觀 看 這 些 教 材 , 並 陪 伴 在 旁 作 出 指 引 , 才 能 達 致 最 佳 效 果 。

語言障礙是另一個大topic.

[ 本帖最後由 lycheema 於 08-9-5 09:39 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 08-10-9 11:47 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

Ronni

Not sure if my reply thro' BK has reached you, so pls see below:

"Hi, sorry for late reply.  I am busy with my elder daughter these days....

我由健康院refer到中九龍兒童智能中心做評估, 話有稍少austic features, 而今日要去做speech assessment(我話咗要做英文的),唔知結果會點....私人言語治療方面,找香港耳鼻喉科中心(tel no. 2523 7373(Kln) 2523 7998(HK) )做過中, 英文speech assessment, 兩樣都係delay,但英文程度他delay少D...."

17#
發表於 08-10-10 18:52 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 gardenwoods 的文章

Dr. Peter Kam Fai YIP 葉錦輝,小兒外科醫生

旺角Nathan Road 655號大廈1105室(地鐵E1出口)
Tel no. 23916916

Dr. Yip was in 東區醫院 for many years.

Lycheema

[ 本帖最後由 lycheema 於 08-10-10 18:53 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 08-10-10 19:06 |顯示全部帖子
其實我暫未能相信亞仔是有自閉徵狀...我相信佢只是舌繫帶短影響說話能力及自1歲9個月起天天閃英文字咭,閃足兩年,令佢不接受說廣東話, 而一定要用英文溝通,但我卻給了他一年英文真空期,令佢無所適從.....而家佢無讀local school,只是返國際學校, 他已有所進步, 希望2年內可以追番上嚟....

現在香港地小朋友真的多了語言混淆的情況....

原帖由 jojoplanet 於 08-10-4 19:53 發表
睇到你個POST好驚, 我個仔都係咁架, 乜唔係唔啋人先係自閉架咩, 我個仔而家22個月, 講野都係慢, 係4個月前SPEECH THERPIAST叫我全中,因為之前我係中英咁教佢,佢係明架喎。。但佢話佢會CONFUSE唔知講中定英好。。咁我全中之後 ...

19#
發表於 08-10-10 19:30 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, Korg

你有無懷疑囝囝是資優的, 但資優到固執地只使用他喜歡說和有較高能力使用的英文呢?

為何我會這樣說, 因為我個大女最近做了IQ test,是資優,但為人固執....

我同工人明明覺得亞仔除了說話和理解比家姐差之外,其實其他比家姐聰明和古惑(很早識讀英文字,未教已識寫字,dictation,好記憶力,一眼關七),只是牛精和不懂說話,理解力差....但更固執....統計學上計他有47%會和家姐一樣智商,一般人口只有少於2%....如果這樣想,可能比較亞Q,不過比較安心....超碼晚上都可以入睡....希望佢真的不是自閉, 只是固執一點.....(不過,過於固執都是自閉徵狀,好矛盾呀,是不是???)

迷團一日未解開,一日都不得安寧.......

原帖由 korg 於 08-10-2 03:41 發表
lycheema:

剛睇到你的post. 我都有相同煩惱!! 呀仔只說英文, 抗拒中文.

囝囝而家2.5歲, 做了評估, 有自閉症. 好細個時識講apple, mama. 其他咩都唔講, 因為當時唔知佢austic, 所以中英都有教.

2歲時肯講abcdefg ...

[ 本帖最後由 lycheema 於 08-10-11 00:01 編輯 ]

20#
發表於 08-10-11 08:18 |顯示全部帖子
hi, jojoplanet,

協康會的資料http://childrehab.heephong.org/develop/develop.htm

(總之說話發展遲緩,而又中了下面少部份特徵都話係有自閉徵狀,政府心理醫生要告訴你,怕你掉以輕心喎!)

自閉症 (Autism)
特徵:自閉症是由腦部異常發展而形成的一種發展障礙,它與其他兒童發展遲緩問題的最大分別是語言、溝通、社交及行為方面的異常。自閉症兒童不單語言發展遲緩,而在情感表達及非語言表達的理解方面也有顯著的困難,嚴重影響與別人進行交往的能力。自閉症的主要徵狀包括下列三方面:

人際關係上的障礙
a)
缺乏使用基本身體語言,例如:(眼神的接觸交流、面部表情及社交手勢等) 的能力;
b) 不能發展與同齡兒童應有的同伴關係;
c) 缺乏主動與別人分享感受的動機及能力;
d) 缺乏参與社交活動的動機,較喜愛獨個兒玩耍;
e) 未能察覺別人的存在、需要及感受;

溝通障礙(包括語言及非語言溝通)
a)
語言發展遲緩或完全缺乏理解和表達的能力;
b) 與同齡之兒童比較,部分會使用語言的兒童,未能如人持續對話;
c) 刻板地重複一些言語或說話的內容(如鵡鵡式對話、混淆使用代名詞等),但句子結構的運用較異常。
d) 無法參與假想或社交模仿的遊戲;
e) 在理解能力方面,自閉症兒童較難明白問題、複雜指示或誤解笑話和含有諷刺的說話;

對事物的興趣和處理方法明顯地表現出狹隘及固執
a)
興趣較偏狹,對有興趣物件的注意力的程度異常;
b) 堅持使用特定的程序或模式做事,拒絕接受改變;
c) 喜愛刻板而重複地做出某些動作,(如前後擺動身體、搖晃頭部、室內繞圈等)
d) 持續專注於物件的某些部份;

除了上述的診斷特徵外,自閉症兒童亦可能具有以下其中一些相關的特徵
(即並非自閉症特徵,而是與自閉症同時出現的情况)

• 弱智及發展障礙;
  • 異常的行為表現;
  • 過分活躍;
    b. 專注力弱 / 短暫;
    c. 容易衝動及自我控制能力不足;
    d. 常有自我刺激或自傷害的行為;
    e. 容易發脾氣並表現過度 / 激烈的情緒反應;
    f. 對外界刺激的反應異常/過敏;
    g. 偏食的習慣或睡眠不足的情況;
    h. 對聲音過敏或表現異常的驚恐()

成因:自閉症的成因至今仍未能完全確定,但據近年臨床的研究指出,基本上病因是由生理因素產生,並強調與遺傳基因有莫大的關係。而患有自閉症的兒童通常在三歲或以前出現上述的徵兆,但有部份兒童會在初生十個月至一兩年間有正常的發展。

處理:自 。現時有多個訓練自閉症兒童的系统,其中較普遍的有結構化教學法(TEACCH) 、應用行為分析(Applied Behavioural Analysis) 等等,詳見下列網址:http://www.swap.org.hk/html/Treatment.htm

原帖由 jojoplanet 於 08-10-4 19:53 發表
睇到你個POST好驚, 我個仔都係咁架, 乜唔係唔啋人先係自閉架咩, 我個仔而家22個月, 講野都係慢, 係4個月前SPEECH THERPIAST叫我全中,因為之前我係中英咁教佢,佢係明架喎。。但佢話佢會CONFUSE唔知講中定英好。。咁我全中之後 ...

[ 本帖最後由 lycheema 於 08-10-11 08:20 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題