用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 女兒獨自到UK升學,有點擔心...<<感恩!現在好放心>> ...
發新帖
樓主: Kristy-mummy
go

女兒獨自到UK升學,有點擔心...<<感恩!現在好放心>>   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-6-6 13:36 |顯示全部帖子
Kristy-mummy 發表於 12-6-6 11:30
Tommy,

多謝你的提議,我昨晚同老公再傾過,老公話叫我信下個女,但如果我都係唔放心,咁咪再問下個女囉,咁你 ...
Kristy-mummy: Can you tell us which town/city your daughter is going to from Heathrow Airport? It may be a town/city some of the readers here may know and may give you more information about the place before you daughter leaves HK. I hope it may help.

2#
發表於 12-6-10 16:09 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Kristy-mummy 的帖子

Stamford High School is located in a pleasant part of England. Within half an hour drive, there are several other boarding schools such as Oundle, Uppingham and Oakham. Your daughter may meet other Hong Kong students going to these schools on the plane.
Many parents have commented that, once their children arrived there, they found they loved England. Speaking for myself, I love England too. It's a wonderful place to study. There is really no need to worry. Normal English folks are very friendly and you will be surprised how nice they could be. (Note: Milkmen leave pints of milk outside people's home without fear of them being stolen.) As your daughter is quite mature in thinking, she could no doubt make a lot of friends there.
She will enjoy it. And you are a lucky parent.

3#
發表於 12-8-24 11:51 |顯示全部帖子
frenchfries 發表於 12-8-23 23:40
我小朋友重好細,但見很多成績也不差的學生中二三便到外國。想了解一下做準備。由於自己和身邊的朋友都係香 ...
"要看成本效益"? You are right, 不如把那些錢買層樓俾子女,大概租金每月也可實收$10000 (or more)。As a matter of fact, not all overseas education investments (expenses?) generate good returns. And, assuming you accumulated several mortgage-free apartments, your children don't have to do anything for the rest of their lives...But, is that what you want for your children?
I know I am foolish. No, I don't want that for my children.
As far as education is concerned, I don't look at "成本效益". There are far more benefits than just monetary rewards, although many graduates from top world class universities have the potential to earn far more (and have a more interesting life-style) than local university graduates.
Remember Steve Jobs? He reminded us to "Live foolishly".
Of course, if money is your main interest, it is better to look for investments with certain returns than investments in education which could be risky with uncertain returns.

點評

odelia_ho  Agreed with you  發表於 12-8-24 17:27
‹ 上一主題|下一主題