搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 (急)香港華仁 vs 救恩,應該怎取捨
發新帖
樓主: ykha
go

(急)香港華仁 vs 救恩,應該怎取捨 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-11-24 14:16 |顯示全部帖子
I have similar problem but I would choose a fee-paying school for my kid instead of a famous traditional school.
1. You are a discerning parent and your kids will succeed wherever they go. By accepting a fee-paying school, you are freeing up a valuable primary school place to someone else whose needs are greater than your kid. You are in fact creating more happiness in the world.
2. KYS is whole day, whereas WY is half-day. A big difference to me because I want my kids to enjoy a full-day experience.
3. KYS is co-educational, where WY is single sex. I think boys like girls, and  at the age of 5, I'd choose a co-educational primary school for my son.
4. Teachers tend to be exhausted for teaching morning and afternoon classes in aided schools. Fee-paying schools tend to pay their teachers better, who in turn tend to have more energy to give more attention to your kids.   
5. The fact that even as an old boy, you have hesitation about WY (and your friends all send their kids elsewhere) speaks for itself. Hong Kong's education is in a mess. You pay and you may have a greater say - because if you don't like the fee-paying school later on, you can always change or move or migrate.  
6. I assume your son likes KYS, and his personalities fit into the philosophy of that school. Many people envy you. Take responsibility and make the right choice.
Good luck.

2#
發表於 10-11-24 15:42 |顯示全部帖子
To ykha:
I see you have your own thinking on all my points.
Point 1 is a difficult one to consider. You have no obligation to consider the happiness of the world at all in relation to your choice of a primary school for your son.
However, logically, it is not impossible to measure the happiness between two families.
The reason why I think freeing a place in an aided school will create more happiness in the world is that those who need (and hence have no other choice, due to financial constraint, ignorance, or location, etc.) to go to an aided school have only one hope. By comparison, those who can choose (or can afford to choose among different types of schools) have more than one hope.
So the former group will be happier if their one hope be fulfilled.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖