發新帖
查看: 34673|回覆: 4
go

想由國際學校轉校至 local school   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-11-5 05:55 |顯示全部帖子
yanj 發表於 14-11-4 23:56
現階段沒有具體目標學校。
只因小朋友每天都很快做完功課,就連高一個年級的課外練習也是很快完成。想轉換 ...
IS 學生課外應該花很多時間在閱讀和其他興趣上,怎麽會’無所事事‘的?

點評

careysum  你問得好好  發表於 14-11-6 14:30

2#
發表於 14-11-5 20:44 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Jane1983 的帖子

understand what you mean. Sometimes I wonder if IS is the way out? I mean real IS's are meant for expats not for local HK kids. The culture is very different and parents will need to accept that kids will grow up somewhat guimuish or guiloish.

3#
發表於 14-11-6 13:26 |顯示全部帖子
yanj 發表於 14-11-5 21:51
再次誠邀過來人分享由 IS 轉去 local school 的心路歷程或轉校申請的準備工夫。

謝謝! ...
A relative changed his son to local after preparatory.  Its not a big deal. He just trained his son to read and write chinese better. Local schools have much higher demand on homework but his son coped well with it. He is a fast learner though. local schools usually provide lot of extrinsic motivations for kids such as ranking, for his son it helps to push him to work harder cos he likes competitions. He also thinks local schools provides better training on his son's ability being a fast learner, strong focus, time management... cos its very demanding in homework and tests. He does complain the teaching style is too parental and too stereotyping students.

點評

yanj  thx for the sharing  發表於 14-11-6 19:39

4#
發表於 15-1-17 07:18 |顯示全部帖子
'一般香港LS很喜歡收録IS學生,投考較佳小學時有優勢。', given the bar of chinese to get into local U's are lot higher than the old days, IS students are not popular to LS at all unless the kid has very good chinese or outstanding in math.

5#
發表於 15-1-19 07:32 |顯示全部帖子
My relative's kid studied at IS kg and switch to LS primary, it was not easy at all for him to secure a seat at any decent 直資。私校
現在用IS底中文去考直資。私校系唔夠的,家長要操好中文才有機會。there are many kids out there have good english and chinese and IS kids are competing with them to get into the local top schools. having said that, its not saying IS kids cant adjust to LS even if they're are abit behind in chinese.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題