發新帖
樓主: wongnysw
go

有沒有北角蘇浙小學的家長?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-29 02:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 SAMKWAN424 於 09-6-27 11:00 發表
你好 ,我小兒今年讀小一 ,我怕蘇浙英文程度差,追不上外面名校 , 我想小三左石轉上男拔,可比下意見

It all depends on how you rate this.  I know quite a no of students (mother tongue: English) will choose to study KCS P1.  Their English standard is quite high.  

But I have no idea on the DBS - I believe their standard is very high too as they have a good foundation in English to start off with.

2#
發表於 09-7-21 00:25 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 winniecarson 於 09-7-14 13:01 發表
我囝囝嚟緊升小二, 想講講在蘇浙讀的感想, 我覺得最大收穫是他可以講得一口流行普通話, 記得我曾帶他到國內旅行, 他除了可以聽懂國內人的普通話外, 還可以做埋其他唔識講普通話的團友翻譯, 有些人仲讚他的普通話講得 ...

Hi Winnercarson

Do you know the exam timetable of KCS ?  Is it after Christmas or before Christmas ?

3#
發表於 09-8-9 21:13 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 bobee 於 09-8-8 18:25 發表
if it's just for fluent Mandarin, I won't be that lost.  I really don't want to sacrific my son's extra-curriculum and purely concentrate on academic...but for his future, he really needs to know Mand ...

Hi all

Just to give you my thought of choosing KCS.  My girl will be in P1 in the coming sept.  She had a few offer in hands both private and DSS.

First of all, I eliminated all the english speaking school, as I want her to have a strong foundation in Chinese.  I discover that if kids do not learn Chinese in their earlyhood, most of the them will be reluctant to learn them in the later stage.  Imagine, it is easier to spell "apple" "ant" than to write those words in Chinese character.  
I will let the school do the Chinese and I will give her English lesson outside.

I do not know how important that Chinese will become in 15 years of time.  But be prepared than sorrow.  How many Chinese company will be on the Fortune 500 ?   

But one drawback of KCS is their extra circullum activities.  What I will do for the girl is to let her join the outside activities.  They can't have a lot of activities when they are in a higher stage.  So the activities will be limited down.  So if the school has already given them a strict academic life, so the afterschool activities will be more on sport (that is for me) so that she will have a more balanced life.  Unless she refused.  

As for the orchester, I think what I will do is to let her to good in one instrument and then if she is interested or talent, I will let her join some outside organisation.  I have not figured out how this will work but maybe if you have any info, we can discuss here.

Well I am glad we have a group of devoted mum here, our children sure can much to learn from each other.

4#
發表於 09-8-13 10:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 winniecarson 於 09-8-12 00:12 發表
Besides Chinese, English is also the stronger subject than others.

That's a good news to know as I am also afraid that they are not able to cope up with the others.  But I am not so worried about the written english, I need to put more effort on the spoken english.

5#
發表於 09-8-31 22:59 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 sng 於 09-8-31 16:43 發表
Regarding insufficient activities, my opinions is that there is no perfect school and my kid is not a perfect kid.   If there are so many activities, does my kid go to attend all of them ?  Or five to ...

Fully agree.  If the school can increases the chances of English speaking, that will be great.  I am thinking to join or talk the PTA to see if this could be on the agenda.  But I do not them  :(

sng speak out my thought - you just can not have the perfect school just as I wish I had the perfect kids.  One of the thing that trigger me to choose KCS is importance of the China economy.  As what the economists indicate: in 2050, China economy will take over the US, so Chinese will be sth that we can not ignore.

6#
發表於 09-9-10 08:26 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 winniecarson 於 09-9-9 14:56 發表

My son is studying in P2 in this school and he enjoys this school life very much. The students of this school are good at English and Chinese. However, they have lots of homework and dictation. So,  ...

P1 dictation start this week ie 2nd week of school.  What I did now is to do dictation revision every weekend so that she could use less time to prepare them when it happens in the weekdays

7#
發表於 09-10-3 09:57 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 hauking 於 09-10-2 18:38 發表
小兒現P3

HI hauking

I am a P1 parent.  Just wonder did you feed back to the school that the ECA is not enough?  By the way, can we choose 中樂 when we are in P2 and will the teacher come to the school to teach ?  My child is interested in 古箏.

8#
發表於 09-10-4 22:13 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 hauking 於 09-10-3 18:14 發表
??ECA
P2可選擇中樂,小兒學二胡,是辛小紅音樂天地導師來學校教,我也是抱住試下的心態,因有興趣並不代表肯練習.
但不清楚有否古箏,詳情可問秘書Liza
提醒一下,P2開學收到表格,立即交回,好似中樂每班只得6人 ...

Thanks for the info.  So there will be no more than 6 in the class if there is more than 6, will there be a draw ?  and if it is 6 quota in each instrument or only 6 in total ?  Many thanks

9#
發表於 09-10-6 21:52 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 鷹女黃 於 09-10-6 18:34 發表
我女兒在全日班二年級,很高興在這裡見到這麼多蘇小家長

Glad to know you too.   There are many that we have to learn from you. 多多指教

10#
發表於 09-10-8 23:15 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 鷹女黃 於 09-10-8 18:03 發表
hi  Gipw

謝謝您~
小女升二年級,這一年來讓我最驚訝的是學校竟然停辦了好幾年運動會,直至去年在眾多家長連署及要求下才再次舉辦,雖說香港受制於地理環境因素,但不辦運動會的小學我相信在此時此刻也找不到幾所了:fun ...

Yes. you are quite right.  I was quite shocked when I first knew about this.  I am now a PTA member and they told us there will be one this year.  I am sure the children will be very happy

11#
發表於 09-10-10 22:55 |顯示全部帖子
Yes .  I will convey your message.  In the PTA meeting, apart from the parents from the existing classmates, there are also many honourable members as well.

CanKan
This year the spring outings will be divided into two slot - primary and kindergarten will be seperated.  Though I need to go twice, I like the idea as this will not be such a big group like last year.

12#
發表於 09-10-12 22:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Sorb 於 09-10-12 14:38 發表
I thougt what GIPW are talking about is the 春季大旅行 organised by the PTA......not the Sports Day.  May be I have I mistaken as I was too disapointed last year.

If for the pinic, yes, not all the  ...

Yes.  I am talking about the 春季大旅行.  We have so much failure experience before so last year we handed the form first day.  Mixing primary and kindergarten idea is good but when it comes to organisation, I think the outcome is not as good as expected.  So this year they are going to seperate the two levels.  I think it is good as we think the interest of the primary and the kindergarten is not the same as well.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題