教育王國 討論區 國際學校 由本地學校轉往國際學校後的轉變
發新帖
樓主: scl227
go

由本地學校轉往國際學校後的轉變 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-1-22 09:19 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:WYmom 的帖子

I agree that HK students study in local schools doesn't mean that they have good Chinese standard that can compete with those from China in the future, all I want from my girl is to be able to speak and communicate in Mandarin and Cantonese, able to understand the headlines of the chinese newspapers. There are lots of choices of different companies and jobs in HK, I do not think that in future she must be choosing a job required high ability in Chinese language, as well, my girl learnt Japanese since she was 2 and is now able to read, talk and communicate in Japanese (of course in a simple way, but at least talking only Japanese with her Jap teacher and able to play with kids when we brought her to Japan last year), may be this is an alternative of learning Chinese that might help her in future as we are in Asia.  Parents here can consider letting their kids to explore another kind of language in stead if you find he/she has difficulties in learning Chinese, my girl does Japanese well because she loves the language.   
Everything has a cost and having not so good Chinese standard must be the cost of sending my girl to an IS, but I am happy with it.

2#
發表於 12-1-22 09:26 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:lucykoo 的帖子

I think it is all depending on individual kids, their attitude of learning as well as their attitude of being a person. My girl is still young, I cannot predict how good she can be in future, but all I am doing now is to teach her not to be lazy and to love to learn, so that she will be more than happy to learn by herself throughout the system. ESF system does not suitable to lazy students, because lazy students would never wanting to do anything no matter he/she is in an IS or a local school. So good luck everyone!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題