用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which ...
發新帖
查看: 10700|回覆: 16
go

Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-3-19 15:01 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose?

Hi, all mums,
My situation same as cissyc, only Kingston and TT are my choice, because the application date of all other nursary are closed.   My son may also study Kingston PN pm class on coming Aug, I will go register on 21 Mar and it needs us to pay deposit and the first month school fee, I think if I pay it, my son will be 90% to study in Kingston.  In fact, I haven't heard any comment on Kingston, so I don't know whether it is good or not.  Do they know any comment on Kingston?  If their children will study Kingston, perhaps they become classmates!!      

2#
發表於 07-3-20 01:57 |顯示全部帖子

Hi siumanmama, cissyc & Diamond Hill,

I am very happy that we could chat over there!!  In respect of K1, same as the view of Diamond Hill,it really depends on the school in term of caring, teaching method, quality of teacher. But the main point is whether my son likes this school or not!
Will their children study P1 in international school? I think the choice of K1 to be upon what kind of Primary will our kids study.  I haven't made up my mind to think this question, but I tend to IS more at that moment.   

hi,siumanmama, I don't understand why the kids need keep joining other playgroups/classes after school when studying in Kingston.  Is it not enough language training or something else?  

Diamond Hill, why you don't choose HKPS?  My son applied HKPS(Ascot), but he is on waiting list. I asked the staff whether my son still has chance, she said that my son born in Sept and he is not enough 2 when the school begins, so they will let some qualified kids to study first.  I choose HKPS(Ascot)for nursary because it is really very near where I live, I don't want let him to take long journey for nursary class, but now, oh oh!  I eventually need find school in Kowloon Tong one year earlier, I am a lazy mum cannot be lazy again as I need pick him to school from Fotan to Kowloon Tong!

Yes Yes, we need keep in touch!

3#
發表於 07-3-21 01:19 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Diamond Hill,
Yes, I am a full time housewife, not housewife, is 'BunBun'      .  That why I want let my son to study nursary in Fotan, I can have a 3 hours break for me!  But now, I need to pick him to go to school in Kowloon Tong, I don't know whether should I go back Fotan again.  As about 1 hour more at home, I need go to pick him up to home.  Oh no, it is too harsh to me!!! I know there is a school bus provided, but his dad don't want to let him taking school bus as he still a little boy, therefore, besides Bun Bun, I will be a driver too!  
Hey, are you a full time mum as well?

DiamondHill 寫道:
Hi DenDenMi,

I gave up HKPS because they are 30 kids in one classroom as I think it will be too pack.  As I think small size of class will be much concertrate to the kids.  I fully understood the long travelling of kids is really too harsh for them.  I'm also a lazy mami.
Are you a full time housewife ?

4#
發表於 07-3-21 16:02 |顯示全部帖子

Dear cissyc,
What time and which campus of the playgroup in TT?  My son is 17months and is also taking playgroup at 1030am on Tue & Thu  in TT 'Wow'. It is incharged by Miss Emily. HaHa, did I see you before?

5#
發表於 07-3-21 18:02 |顯示全部帖子

hee.............. your daughter and my son are the classmates on Tue.  What's your daughter's name?  I look your daughter's picture, it's familiar.  I go with my son to the playgroup every tue n thu.  Haha, they have became classmate since Jan, they will be a old classmate in Kingston!      
I think Mr Will is a funny guy, but at the begining, my son was also quite scare him, but now it's OK, he is always to be the first one to give big hug to Mr Will when the lesson is finished.  I think your daughter needs more time to get used of him!!!

6#
發表於 07-3-22 16:57 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, siumanmama, you haven't registered the Kingston, it's doesn't matter, as you can eventually  find a suitable school for your kid.

Dear cissyc, your daughter is Kayleigh,is the name pronounced 'K nine'.  I know who is she la, your daughter is very pretty, she got a very very big and charming eyes.  If my son's eyes like Kayleigh's one, it's so great, but unfortunately, he hasn't!

Full time C9 is not so good, I am always exhausted.  I really want to take a long break for myself!!!

The location of Kingston is not very good as it's too far from KCR station.  I also think if the weather is not really hot and is not raining, parents can still walk or push baby stroller from KCR station to school.  But the weather is bad, it's quite impossible.  

Cissyc, you live in Hunghom, taking KCR is the best choice, but need take a long walk to school.  If taking Taxi everyday, it's quite expensive, besides the school fee, that's your additional cost to study Kingston        Ha Ha, maybe your mother-in-law get a driving licence to be a best solution.  Or maybe you quit your job and let us become a full time C9 together   

7#
發表於 07-3-23 07:32 |顯示全部帖子

Kadie, the playgroup is no need to interview in TT, don't worry about that.

Hi,Mi1808,  my son just only join the playgroup in TT, it's quite good.  In respect of the receptionist, I am no idea about her attiude as I only contacted her when paying school fee, but she is fine!

I switch the 2 year old class  to Kingtion because I want let my son to change the environment.  And I also have a good impression in Kingston through the interview, the staff is very nice too.  Hoping my son can enjoy the new school.

I asked my husband how long do I walk if from KCR to Kingstion, (the distance seems too long, I never walk as I only drive the car to school before)  He answered me about 7-10mins, I think is not too hard to walk from KCR station to school if the weather is OK.  Heeeeee........, cissyc don't worry about it, let's our kids to do some exercise.

8#
發表於 07-3-23 14:45 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, cissyc, my boy's name is Hayden, I am looking forward to seeing you in TT playgroup.
I think I will try to apply CCKG, just like siumanmama said that it was no harm, taking more choices for our kids, right!!!
If Kayleigh wants to study DGS, CCKG is the best choice as my friend told me if someone can study in CCKG, it is a greater chance to study in DGS.  
If I got a daughter, my thoughts same as you, that is let her to study traditional school rather than IS in Primary and Secondary.

9#
發表於 07-3-23 15:10 |顯示全部帖子

Wow wow, so ideal, hoping our kids can follow this path     

[quote]
siumanmama 寫道:
all,

All of us have more or less the same thoughts:  ->CCKG-> DGJS/DBPS-> DGS/DBS->Havard/Cambridge. (This is the ideal case.)

Wahaha! Then we have plenty of chances to exchange and share in the future.

10#
發表於 07-3-24 13:46 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, gegemok, how old of your son?  Will he attend PN in KIngston or TT?

11#
發表於 07-3-24 13:55 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, Diamond,
Is the school bus issue not yet solved?  No other transportation besides school bus and taxi?  Hee.......your daughter likes Mr. Will, why you switch the teachers?  As I know Mr Will also teach 2-year old class.
DiamondHill 寫道:
Hi siumanmama, cissyc, DenDenMi,

I got more or less the same pathway, my ideal & perfect way is Kingston/CCKG->DGJS/Marylock->U in HKG.  As I want my dauther close to me (selfish mami).  

Siumanmama,  You gave up Kingston, so where is your final target ?  Pls share.

Due to school bus issue, I haven't register yet.  Will update you all once the bus settled down.

My daughter also joined TT playgroup in Sat morning 10:30 am too.  Maybe we met before.  But I seldom to talk with other mami.  My daughter just joined 2 year old class.  Teacher is Miss peggy & Miss Sarah.   But my daughter still likes Mr. Will a lot.

Keep in touch.  

12#
發表於 07-3-24 14:41 |顯示全部帖子

He's in TT playgroup now, but he will study PN in Kingston.  In fact, the teaching style of both school are similar, just singing, dancing, circle time etc during class time, just likes the playgroup but the time is longer.  

13#
發表於 07-3-24 14:43 |顯示全部帖子

Gegemok, which class did your kid join in TT?

14#
發表於 07-3-25 12:18 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, gegemok, I think the admission criteria is based on first come first served, the interview is only let us know their school environment, teaching method etc, only ask some info about our kid, it is no need to test our kids.  My son, of coz, pm class.  But I think is OK, as I live in Fotan, if am class, my boy and I need wake up very early (haha, we are lazy one), and also the traffic congestion during morning time.  Although my son need an afternoon nap, I think I need adjust him later.  Do you apply another school for your son?  

Which class in Kingston will you son join, AM or PM?[/quote][/quote]

oic. My son will have interview in Kingston in April. May I know the chance of getting admission? How will my son be interviewed? [/quote]

15#
發表於 07-3-25 12:26 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Diamond Hill,
Yes ar, taking taxi everyday is quite impossible,  if the school bus issue cannot be solved, do you have another choice for your kid?  But I hope the issue can be solved as soon as possible, let our kids become classmates!!!     

16#
發表於 07-3-26 00:44 |顯示全部帖子

I think it's not too dangerous for the 2 years old kid to take school bus, because there is an autie to take care of them in school bus.  Of coz, on behalf of parents, we still worry about that, right!!  
Gegemok, you helper will stay 3 hours in school, do you think a bit longer?  
In fact, I will also drive to school by myself, but I don't want stay 3hours in Kln Tong everyday.  That why I discuss my hubby today, the conclusion is maybe I will pick up my son to school and back home by myself in the beginning(about 2-3months), then maybe my son will take school bus to school and I will pick him in school by myself when the lesson finished, it is just our thoughts at that moment.  Because we need check out whether the school bus is available or not.

gegemok 寫道:

I live near Kln East ..... and it also takes 30-45mins by MTR to Kowloon Tong ..... I think it's much better if you can arrange someone to bring your kid to/from school rather than let her/him take the shuttle bus alone ..... it's too dangerous for a 2 yr old kid .......

For me, I will have my helper bring my son to go to school and she will stay in the school and wait until the class finished and take my son back home ......

Do you think it's workable?

17#
發表於 07-3-27 00:11 |顯示全部帖子

gegemok, you son born in Sep 05, same as my son.  That means you are 0905 mother, do you think we met before in 1st birthday party or gathering?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題