教育王國 討論區 資優教育 名校 or 愉快學習 ?
發新帖
查看: 4756|回覆: 0
go

名校 or 愉快學習 ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-7-2 14:14 |顯示全部帖子

名校=壓力?

Let me share my experience with you in looking for a right school for gifted children.

I wish my sons have a happy experience in learning, and I did not think reputable school = good school.  And I did not think a gifted child needs a reputable school.  Therefore, I let my first son join the lucky draw and enrol him in a good local government subsidised school.

He was easily graded top in his first and second year.  I found that he's proud of his ability and felt boring about school life.  In view of this, I started to explore what would suit him more.  With consultation with him, teachers and friends, I applied a reputable school for him - Dioceson Boys' School.  Luckily, he's admitted.

His learning life in the first two years, i.e. P. 3 and 4 were not easy, in particular English.  He's one of the bottom students.  This makes him recognise that the world is big.  Luckily, the school sees his potential better than me.  They take care of each student and appreciate their strength and give supplement classes to their weak subjects.  My son attended two years remedial classes in English and Chinese.  In P.5, he came close to the average in all subjects except Maths (He's one of the top).

From his personal view point, I understand that he appreciates this challenge.  He feels inferior among the top students but he understands that even though he's the last in the row, he's one of the top students in Hong Kong.  This was confirmed when he took public examinations.  

He's in P. 6 now.  He's happy and proud of being a DBS boy.  I think my move is correct.  Though we are lucky to change the school.

I think there is a reason for a school becomes famous and reputable.  It is important to find a right school for your child.

Cheers
‹ 上一主題|下一主題