發新帖
查看: 9213|回覆: 5
go

放棄 GH 選 SC?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-1-17 23:02 |顯示全部帖子

回復 4# 國家 的帖子

hi 國家,

As a old SC parent and now a GH parent, may I share some thoughts to you.  

SC - it's really a good school, no doubt.  You won't be regret for anything if your daughter studying here for 3 years, but just another keen competition later for primary application, especially 2008 birth rate is really high.  However, don't forget, there are quite many SC/KV student can't have any offer from 1st tier primary school.  If your target is only DGJS or SPCC, you may pick SC>GH.

GH - good kinder so far, only curriculum can't compare to SC/KV.  Besides curriculum, you won't lose anything.  Good campus, good ethic and moral education.  If you're catholic, religion lesson once a week.  Curriculum is going to higher level gradually to meet primary school standard.  Kinder management just had meeting with primary management last week, the primary management agree the current kinder curriculum can get in line with GH primary's curriculum.  Good news to all GH parents.  

For ECA, actually GH don't have objection on this.  GH kinder also provide drawing and ballet class on Saturday, it's optional.  GH just don't like too much academic classes for kids, result in lack of learning interest later (GH researched and studied the problem normally happens when P3/P4.)

For English class, my daughter has English classes since she was 2.5 yrs until now.  Even though SC student, they will have extra English course outside.  English course is a must now no matter which kinder your kid is studying!

So, now see how you weight GH primary.  1st tier school or 2nd tier school?  How much confident you have that your daughter can get into DGJS or other school better than GH?  Or your target primary school is out of these 2 traditional girl schools?  Or just depend on "lucky draw" P1 allocation?  If yes to both questions, you should pick SC.

cheers

2#
發表於 11-1-17 23:42 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# jeffreymom 的帖子

sorry, I don't think about it yet.  I know some people said the academic result is getting down since it's changed to DSS.  But for me, the old principal maybe 1 of the reasons, too.  I know they are recruiting the new principal now (learnt from BK 咋!), so it should be getting better in the future.  At least, GH parents should be a group of middle class or above (since school fee is not cheap!), they should care about the daughter's academic and personality development 啩.

十幾年後嘅嘢,點諗得咁多呀,咩事都會機會發生啦,係咪?

3#
發表於 11-1-18 10:47 |顯示全部帖子
Hi 國家,

唔再俾comment啦,揀咗就算啦,唔好再諗。

4#
發表於 11-1-18 18:33 |顯示全部帖子
話咗唔comment, 但又忍唔住....

"又一個願意對子女承擔責任的母親"

難道揀GH嘅家長就唔原願意對子女承擔嗎?揀GH嘅家長就可以喺嚟緊幾年"kiu"埋雙手什麼都不用做嗎?

此comment好似有d唔係咁好囉.....

5#
發表於 11-1-27 10:52 |顯示全部帖子

回復 2# DGJS 的帖子

yes, I know there is a K3 GH student can enter to DGJS this year, she is my daughter's friend in school bus :)

6#
發表於 11-1-27 11:56 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# Cutemom0808 的帖子

邊有大量呀? 一星期一樣之嘛!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題