用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Writing letter to DGJS Principal?
發新帖
樓主: Monghar
go

Writing letter to DGJS Principal? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-2-13 11:07 |顯示全部帖子
我覺得無問題喎﹗ DGS係一間私校﹐好多時舊生同existing家長都會有捐款給學校。李嘉誠都捐左好多錢比SPCC建新校舍啦﹗

原帖由 pppp41 於 09-2-13 09:52 發表

I think it is an illegal act.....

2#
發表於 09-2-16 23:53 |顯示全部帖子
Personally I disapprove of any connection between admission and donation, but calling such donations "corruption" is just plain wrong.  Corruption is the receipt of money by an unauthorised party, usually an agent or an employee, for the provision of benefits to the paying party.  It would be corruption if the headmistress of a school were to receive a sum of money personally from a parent for admitting his child.  However, if the money is received by the school itself, it cannot be corruption, as there simply is no unauthorised party.

The reality is all prominent universities - Harvard, MIT, Oxford, Cambridge, Stanford...... depend on donations from parents and alumni.  Without such donations these schools would never be what they are now.

3#
發表於 09-2-18 00:41 |顯示全部帖子
It has never been my intention to get a seat for my child by making a big donation to a school, so there is no risk that I would ever go to jail for this matter, thank you.   

While both of us agree that making donation in exchange for a seat is not a proper thing to do, I think that it is important to get the legal concept correct in the discussion, especially since the accusation of corruption is very serious, so it must not be made lightly or without any basis.  

My point is that tying donation to admission is not something which could rightfully be called corruption.  If a school is to allowing bidding of its seats by donations, while it will be an awfully distasteful thing to do and may contravene some rules or guidelines of the Education Bureau, it will not be a matter contrary to the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance as long as the school itself receives the money.  If, on the other hand, the money is pocketed by the headmaster or an employee of the school personally without authorization of the school, then a complaint to the ICAC will be called for.

I ran through the above with my husband who is a lawyer, so I am quite confident that the legal point is right.

Sorry again for side tracking the topic.  

原帖由 pppp41 於 09-2-17 13:09 發表
"However, if the money is received by the school itself, it cannot be corruption".
This is wrong concept, under your statement, a school could raise fund by "bid" the seat with top donation.
Don't w ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題