用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 HKPS parents, 可唔可以講下大家戰績呀?
發新帖
查看: 6438|回覆: 4
go

HKPS parents, 可唔可以講下大家戰績呀? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-8 15:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

I have heard that one K3 kid got confirmed offer by st paul co-ed already.

while quite a few got into final round interviews at ying wa and DBS and DGS and st paul boys and CKY and waiting for the results.

For other DSS and private schools, not bad ah, RC, PuiKiu, Music school, KTS, SFA, GT, Rhenish, etc, all got confirmed offers already.

Your kid in HKPS?

原帖由 HeiHei:D 於 09-12-8 12:40 發表
Any parents can share?
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

2#
發表於 09-12-8 17:40 |顯示全部帖子
jeremyphlam,

you are right.

the no. of k3 students (3 classes, total around 6x?) in HKPS of course is much less than kv, SC etc. So in proportion, the rate is high already.

moreover, clarify here, the no. of YW successful rate was high last year (>9 boys) but most of them finally chose dbspd at the end. So the total no. of kids into dbs was also high.

and the no. of kids into CKY last year was also high.

原帖由 jeremyphlam 於 09-12-8 17:29 發表

8,9個is quite good as compare with the school size, thank you for your information !
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

3#
發表於 09-12-8 18:04 |顯示全部帖子
"成功非僥倖"
absolutely right.
both school and teachers and pupils work very hard on the rehearsal and interview practice. parents also spent a lot of effort in the lunch, ECA and transport arrangement.

same true to all moms and dads here in BK, and 3 cheers to our kids. They work so hard for these few months! (or work hard for preparation since K2 already)

For this year, the results of YW and DBS and DGS not known yet. So how could your friend be so sure the results this year is not as good as last year?

原帖由 jeremyphlam 於 09-12-8 17:52 發表

如果個friend冇收錯風,今年可能冇咁理想。
我個friend話學校做好多interview的訓練,成功非僥倖!
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

4#
發表於 09-12-10 14:12 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 21# HeiHei:D 的文章

every school has its pros and cons, so I think it is better not to compare or guess who is the "winner" simply by counting the no. of kids getting into how many "famous school".

from what i know, kv is good in helping kids for a solid foundation in writing, grammar, esp in chinese. the kids are trained to be very disciplined. i have heard that the kids learnt how to tidy up their school bag everyday, and do homework automatically (excellant! it must be a beautiful dream to all moms! or at least to me!)

sc is good in systematic teaching style, if you follow its way, your kid can get gradual progress everyday. english is good (oral and writing), chinese is also fine. teachers are caring and friendly)

for hkps, ECA a lot, kids with fun. interactive style to learn, so kids are creative and learn problem solving, capable of logical thinking. mandarin and english (oral) very good. reading scheme excellent since pre-nursery year. maths is fair (to my kid maybe a bit too easy as he learn from centre outside). teachers are excellant and caring (as the school size is smaller, all teachers and students are very close. even the cleansing aunties are very familiar with each kid. haha! even if the kid is doing naughty thing, he won't escape from it! as the aunties will report to teachers and moms after school. )

the principal is very concerned abt the school and nice, whenever you have queries or requests, she will put parents and kids in the first priority to consider.  just see the interview arrangement this year, it impressed me much. As the principal is busy helping in the whole morning without stop/rest. she greet and receive every
kid and parent lining up in the queues, helping those with little BB and strollers...........

some parents even joke that this school is a bit "commercial" because the service is too good! haha, i would say, it gives the best services to kids and parents already. so nothing wrong!

there are also a lot of special programs organised for different classess, eg. e-learning of maths, visiting the bakery factory, regular reading/mentor program with other primary schools, cheer-leading competition, physical exercises everyday, disneyland performance program, etc ..............

hence, it all depends what kind of school you want to put your kid in, and what style of kid your child is.

the % of kid entering famous school, is actually not very much meaningful. it all depends on the kid (70%) and how much effort the parent put in (20%). the rest is luck (5%) and school input (5%) (inc language, problem solving skill, manner, etc)
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

5#
發表於 09-12-15 17:29 |顯示全部帖子
Gege:
pls see your PM. replied to you already.

原帖由 Gege 於 09-12-10 22:48 發表
littlemak,

Sounds so right.

I just passed by and would like to seek advice from the existing K1 parents cos I'm now choosing one for my boy.

I got offer from LLC & St. Paul Church. Which one is bet ...
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題