搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 入耀中係咪死硬~~~
發新帖
查看: 41301|回覆: 12
go

入耀中係咪死硬~~~ [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-4 23:31 |顯示全部帖子
Are you sure Yew Chung is really that bad?
Or, you were all rejected by Yew Chung before and are not bad-mouthing them.

OK, I am only speculating.
I learnt it from another member "Mighty".
She feels that any negative comments about a school should not be posted.
People that spread negative comments of a school, are probably those who got rejected by a school.

So you guys confess, otherwise Mighty is going to go after you.

2#
發表於 09-6-25 10:48 |顯示全部帖子
YCIS is the most local international school. They only have a couple of non-Chinese within the school. Everyone speaks cantonese, not English or even Putonghua. Most students transferred from local band 2 or band 3 schools at some point. Those students have really low English standard (low even when considering local school standard) but the parents still want them to study in an English medium school. There are also Band 1 elite school dropouts. I know that there are students from DGS, La Salle, etc. They could not cope with their own school, and do not want to switch to some XYZ School. There are also those rich kids from China. Some of them cannot even speak in English in a complete sentense.
But these families are all rich. That's it. They can pay for what they want. That is an "English medium school" and a name of "international school". Honestly, do you think any of them can be in any other international schools at all?
Those that joined the school all the way from kindergarten or P1? Most would leave to go to much better international schools. Others that stayed are those that have plans to go overseas to boarding schools soon.
Imagine what kind of school environment such school is?

3#
發表於 09-7-12 11:55 |顯示全部帖子
http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/090707/3/d2vi.html

According to article, there are 2 students that got 45 marks.
One of them was with SPCC before joining Lee Po Chun. More, Lee Po Chun is supposed to be "the top" IB school in Hong Kong. It takes the best students, not only from Hong Kong but also from other countries. And sadly, the top score goes to a student from a local school, but not student who has always been with a western or IS curriculum.
The other one was from KGV, not SC which has been the hottest ESF school amongst local Chinese parents. And we are able to determine his background, ie whether he has always been an ESF student, or he was from a local school just like the one at Lee Po Chun. But mind you, according to the article, there are 800 students from the whole ESF taking IBD exams. Only one hits 45 is really not a big deal.
So are parents so determined local schools cannot give you the education students need?

4#
發表於 09-7-12 11:57 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ShatinIvy 於 09-7-12 00:28 發表
I am just curious. My son is not in YC.

If YC is so bad, how come it has such good result in IB & GCSE?

"耀中國際學校中學部亦有約四分一人考獲四十分或以上"
http://www.singtao.com/yesterday/edu/0221g ...

Yew Chung takes a lot of local school students for IB diploma. So you can see that it is the solid foundation in local school that students need to take them to the highest level.

5#
發表於 09-7-12 12:00 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 thankful 於 09-7-12 11:01 發表
How interesting!  

The newspaper said "耀中國際學校中學部今年亦有四十八人報考IB課程,當中有兩人取得四十三分,有九人取得四十分以上"

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/090707/3/d2vi.html

The result looks g ...

Take ESF as an example. KGV probably has the most local chinese students.
We are unable to tell what background does this guy that got 45 marks has. I would not be surprised if he is from a complete local chinese family, and even more, he might have joined KVG for only a couple of years.
The student at Lee Po Chun was in fact from SPCC.
Does that tell you anything?

6#
發表於 09-7-14 10:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ShatinIvy 於 09-7-13 23:52 發表
But how about the result of IGCSE.
YC also got quite good result vs other ISs, such as CIS, (dream schools for most IS parent....... including me)

Undoubtedly, ESF got 5 awards in IGCSE. But compar ...

I also want to point out that ESF has the most graduating students this year. A paper quoted 800.
Wow, I would say this is probably more the the total of ALL OTHER international schools!

But yet, the result does not seem to be better than any ONE of the other international schools.

ESF seem to be also the most dreamed of school of all parents. Parents are proud of their kids getting a place in the school.

I am not surprised because the number of applicants is just enormous. Totally understandable because it is the cheapest school. And any middle class or even sub-middle class parents can easily afford the fees.

Other than the huge number of applicants, I just cannot see the edge of ESF. They have the most graduating students, yet their results is not even nearly comparable to Yew Chung, which has been commented to be one of the "not good" schools?

It is easy to simply put a word here to say ABC School is "good" or XYZ School  is "bad". But the figures is just telling us something else. There is just no solid figures telling us how "good" ESF is, other than parents blowing up the whole thing everywhere. On the other hand, Yew Chung does not seem to be as bad (I must admit I never liked Yew Chung too anyway). At least they have so few graduating students and yet the results are worth mentioning.

Is ESF really THAT good? Or it is just that the ESF parents are part of the whole propaganda too?

I know there are lots of ESF parents here. May be they can shed some light on this?

7#
發表於 09-7-14 10:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 thankful 於 09-7-14 01:30 發表
I have just come across this piece of news which said "耀中國際學校也有四十八名學生應考IB,該校中學部外籍校長馬德賢(Iyad Matuk)表示,該校有九名學生考獲四十分或以上成績,一人獲劍橋大學取錄,亦有獲倫敦政經學院、 ...

Thanks.

Anyone want to share how impressive ESF is this year?

Do not forget that ESF has 800 students. We are talking about almost 20 times more than Yew Chung!

So are we expecting at least 20 students going to Cambridge, 20 going to Berkley, 20 to Stanford etc?

[ 本帖最後由 Cara2006 於 09-7-14 10:43 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 09-7-18 10:25 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 thankful 於 09-7-17 16:36 發表
Could it be that the difference is due largely to the fact that it is RC's IB as you said?  If it is, what are the main difficulties?  Can any parents of RC graduates share their experience?

Trying to figure out why RC is not good compared to YC is meaningless. RC is such a new school and I never expect them to have good results anyway. I am totally not surprised they do not have impressive results.

I would rather see how people compare YC and ESF as a whole group.
There are so much positive comments on ESF and yet so much negative comments on YC.
All comments are based on "hear-say" and the goods of ESF and bads of YC seems to be rolling and rolling into bigger snow balls.
If we trust or listen to all these comments, we sure would say ESF must be so much better than YC. But yet, ESF do not seem to have good IB results. In fact, with 800 students and numerous schools, I would say the results are in fact worst amongst all international schools. On the other hand, YC does not seem to have results as bad as expected (considering the negative/poor comments). In fact, they seem to have one of the most impressive overall results.

I would like fair comments on this instead. If you are die-hard fans or parents of ESF with no solid figures or proofs, you should do more research and come back.

9#
發表於 09-7-19 15:25 |顯示全部帖子
After all these, people are still unwilling to accept the simple fact: Yew Chung is better than ESF in the IBD scores.
Whatever Yew Chung has done, they have achieve very good results. At least, better than many other schools, including ESF.
May be we can look at the problem another way.
Why do people still think ESF is good, when in fact Yew Chung alone has better IB results.
And in fact, it is clear that ESF has the worst results.
What still make ESF popular?
Is it only that they are cheapest? And the easiest to get a place (because they are the biggest group that accept MOST students)? And that they are the nosiest? Since they are the biggest group, they have the most parents/families, and therefore they are always the nosiest or they always have the most allies.
I just think these ESF parents are themselves too blind to facts.
You do not have to judge my intention. The most important thing is that ESF is NOT GOOD with their results, yet no ESF parents is willing to admit this.

10#
發表於 09-7-24 11:20 |顯示全部帖子
So funny. People are discussing Yiu Chung. I do not understand why ESF parents are so keen on comparing their schools to other schools. What does ESF results has to do with Yiu Chung?

11#
發表於 09-7-24 13:01 |顯示全部帖子
So any conclusion from you?
YC has better IB scores than ESF.
Can we say YC is better than ESF?
If not, please explain.
I think a lot of parents want to have some conclusive comments.

[ 本帖最後由 Cara2006 於 09-7-24 13:02 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 09-7-24 17:27 |顯示全部帖子
Ha ha. I see.
There are people that avoid infavourable discussions;
and always endlessly coming back to things they want people to believe.
Good.
ESF is the best!

13#
發表於 09-7-25 09:55 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 thankful 於 09-7-24 18:26 發表
Cara2006

Ha ha, I am glad to hear that you feel happier now.  You should have looked into the mirror earlier.  Then you would have known who keeps on avoiding unfavourable discussions all along.  By  ...

Love to see you write.
You yourself have once been very hostile and unfriendly when talking about ESF and have many times argued with ESF parents.
I have been wondering what changed you.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖