搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 赤柱St. Stephen vs 英華
發新帖
樓主: fsforth
go

赤柱St. Stephen vs 英華 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-13 13:37 |顯示全部帖子
Just for your reference, my knowledge to SSCPS is not updated.  I studied F.1 to F.3 in SSC 18 yrs ago.  For the secondary school at that time, it's not academic strong.   
Disadvantages:
1.  Love Affairs - once there was a new yr of F.1 girls, the upper form guys would spot for the most beautiful one and stand outside of her classroom to know her.  Then within a month of her F.1 life, she would have a bf already, v. funny!
2.  Use of branded stuff - use of bold, Mduck and jean paul school bags, etc in our yrs.
3.  HKCEE results not so good - my friend with 11 marks can get back to F.6 directly, cos' some more even got 8 marks can get back.  

Advantages:
1. Very good environment!  Similar to the environment I studied in UK after F.3.
2. Emphasizes music and sports
3. Have swimming lessons for PE.
4. Co Edu
5. Although HKCEE result overall was not good.  But still have some good students.  I have some friends who got into HKU Medicine, CU architecture finally.  As I remember, the best result for my friends' year is 4A.

I think it has improved a lot after it was marginally classified as an Eng secondary school  Sometimes, academic may not the best way that the kids show their talents.  So it really depends on how yr kid is.  For SSCPS, I m so sure your kid will have a happy life there.  But if you are the parent that aiming for best public exam results, then DBS and YW, etc will be more suitable

2#
發表於 09-12-13 22:40 |顯示全部帖子
And I forgot to mention that, 18 years ago, when I compared my school's atmosphere to Cheung Shuk Shan (I have some friends there), it was completely different.
CSS:
- no branded stuff
- students were v. innocent (no love affairs in lower   forms)
- don't spend much time on Athletics and music
- teachers revised stuff with them frequently
So I really think that SSC is very different from the traditional schools.  My friend is running a tutorial centre (she is an old girl of SSCPS and SSC from P.3 to F.7), she told me that the Eng standard of SSCPS now is high but the Chinese is not so good.  Although the Eng standard is high, the expectaion of the teacher is not high.  She has a student from SSCPS P.4 now.  She told me that the marking of the homework is not harsh, still commented good when it was not so good........... but I think it's the style of foreign teaching.   One thing can have 2 different views, u can say that it's good for the kids if you prefer your kid to have a happy learning environment.   It's just what you want your kid to have.................

原帖由 fsforth 於 09-12-13 17:07 發表

我所知的就是這樣, 不過, 盲目追明牌不一定是有錢人家的玩意, 窮的一樣會追. 而拍拖問題, 學校又有沙灘又有山, 風景優美, 根本就是拍拖的好地方! 不過, 現在資訊發達, 就算讀男校/女校也一樣會有機會拍拖.

很多香 ...

[ 本帖最後由 cmchang0927 於 09-12-13 22:42 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-12-14 10:53 |顯示全部帖子
And there is an interesting phenomenon.  The two friends of mine (studied in SSCPS from P.1 to F.7) preferred to send their kids to Kei Wan Primary school (much workloads) rather than SSCPS as they both live in Sai Wan Ho.  They wanted their kids to have a more hardworking time.  But for some friends that I know from Kei Wan, they claimed that they wouldn't let their kids to study in Kei Wan in the future cos' the high workload.  I think parents always want the things that haven't been done well in their childhood to be corrected.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題