教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 蘇浙幼兒園N1大召集(Sep07)
發新帖
樓主: wongfra
go

蘇浙幼兒園N1大召集(Sep07) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-8-30 14:16 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Wongfra,

My son is going to join N1 (am section) next Monday. Nice to get to know you. Keep in touch! You have a son or girl? Feeling excited?

Hermoine

2#
發表於 07-9-1 17:02 |顯示全部帖子
My son is in N1C (am)

3#
發表於 07-9-12 09:28 |顯示全部帖子
Chingmama,
My elder son went to KCS a couple of years back, and so what went on during the first two days of school in N1C was more or less the same as what happened in the first 2 days of school when my elder son attended KCS.  Give it time Chingmama, I understand that you may be feel very unsure about the teachers' control and the size of the class from what you saw during the first two days at school, but as time pass, you will see that the teachers are actually very good at that and the class size doesn't really bother the kids. They will learn very fast through interactions. This school is not bad at all when it comes to learning outcome, but the traffic conditions and the school envoironment is terrible. Having said that, the kids don't seem to be bothered by that at all, it bothers the parents more, I would say. From my humble experience, I prefer KCS, school with results, more than say, Victoria etc, schools with better hardware.
Hermoine

4#
發表於 07-9-13 05:31 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, I found generally both the English and Mandarin standard of the children who go to KCS better than those from Victoria's English and Putonghua stream. But the facilities, hygiene standard, toys, school buses and communications with parents are a lot better at Victoria. I am a graduate of Victoria myself, but I prefer KCS because of what the kids can learn whilst having fun, and diciplined at KCS. I will definately let my son studies in its kindergarten section next year. But seriously, the school envoironment (the carbon monoxide emitting from the school buses outside the classrooms, the hygiene standards of the toilets, the rundown playground, the traffic choas, the lack of seat belts on some school buses etc) is no joke and it bothers me too. But I suppose there is no perfect world, and my son has to live with it.

Chingmama, have you considered using Mrs. Shu's (private schoolbus) service if you are worried about the lack of seat belts on school operated ones? I know all her buses have seat belts.

[ 本文章最後由 hermoine 於 07-9-13 05:39 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 07-9-13 11:00 |顯示全部帖子
Mrs. Shu's phone number is 9239 3940.

6#
發表於 07-9-14 10:03 |顯示全部帖子
Sweet KL,

I agree with you! I think we should trust the teachers, and the reaction of the kids. I asked my son every day after coming back from school and in the morning before going to school whether he likes going to school, he always give me a big smile and say "yeah", despite him getting hit by a classmate once, leaving him a wound. Although he cannot tell me what had happened himself, his teacher was nice enough to call and let me know, which I appreciate very much. I am not bothered by him getting hit, as long as he is not the one hitting someone else, or getting bullied.

I think sending kids to nursery involves a steep learning curve both for the children (to cope in the outside world), and for the parents (to let go the first time). It is tough as we all love our kids so much, so emotions sometimes cloud our concerns. Although, it is also an extremely tough job for the teachers to get to know our kids as fast as possible. Nevertheless, it will be nice if teachers are sensitive towards parents' anxieties and give them peace of mind especially in the first few weeks of school. Email/SMS/Phonecall updates can mean so much in soothing the parents' concern and in building up a trusting relationships. I think most of the complaints in this thread stem from the lacking of updates, and can be avoided.

[ 本文章最後由 hermoine 於 07-9-14 10:04 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 07-9-14 13:08 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Chingmama,

I call the teacher from time to time and she has always been very happy to answer my calls. On the day of the incident, she called me straightaway as she happened to witness the whole incident. I suppose your friend's daughter didn't cry, what a brave girl, and as such the teachers may not have noticed what happened. My helper told me that there seem to be 2 western teachers and 2 Chinese teacher assigned to N1C. If that is true, it's not bad ratio at all! How's your daughter doing? Did you manage to sort out the school bus lack of seat belt problem?

8#
發表於 07-9-14 14:09 |顯示全部帖子
Yeah, agree with Chingmama, you son is still young, mine is 2 and a half already, a lot older than yours. He can say a few simple words only. Boys are slower than girls!

9#
發表於 07-9-14 14:15 |顯示全部帖子
Where does your daughter sit? Mine sit on the table closest to the corridor. Your daughter is a very brave girl !!!! It's nice to meet you in BK. Keep in touch!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題