教育王國 討論區 國際學校 由本地學校轉往國際學校後的轉變
發新帖
樓主: scl227
go

由本地學校轉往國際學校後的轉變 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-1-11 23:08 |顯示全部帖子
YuisumMum 發表於 11-10-29 03:00
My daughter changed to sc1227 son's school this year from local school too. She looks more happy and ...
Wow that local school teacher definitely deserved you "XXXXYYYZZZ" her with that kind of attitude and comment! What has some teachers come to?? They really shouldn't be in education.. actually shouldn't have that attitude at all in the first place.

Anyway yeah, as someone who went to a local primary school, then an international secondary school, I totally understand what your kids are going through and the change is quite big. All the "pros and cons" you all listed are all true to some extent. I did find it much enjoyable after the switch and made me more outgoing, but at the same time there was a lot of distractions, so some discipline's needed.

2#
發表於 12-1-12 13:35 |顯示全部帖子
Fatrara 發表於 12-1-12 12:47
Hi, tutorvk,

You mentioned that you went to a local primary school, than an international secondary ...

Hi Fatrara,

No, I wouldn't. Actually going to a local primary school gave me a good foundation for Chinese language which is important as I am a Hong Kong person. It also gave me a good foundation for Mathematics, which made the first 4 years of British system secondary school a breeze. I only really needed to start learning any new Maths starting year 11 (Form 5). But then again, I went to a highly demanding local primary! Hope that helps.

3#
發表於 12-1-20 23:02 |顯示全部帖子
Well, Chinese/Mandarin is getting increasingly important in the job market, or in.. life generally. So if the Chinese classes taught at school ain't that advance, I strongly encourage mandarin tutoring / lots of exposure to it in various media means..
‹ 上一主題|下一主題