教育王國 討論區 小一選校 share the 2nd interview for DGJS
發新帖
查看: 22947|回覆: 8
go

share the 2nd interview for DGJS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-2 22:02 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks so much.
Did anybody tell your girl who is Principal, who is Teacher?
How did your girl call them? Did she greet both of them?

2#
發表於 09-11-9 19:18 |顯示全部帖子

interview finished today

Let me share the interview today.

(1) Registration, went to a waiting room
(2) Went to another waiting room, girls reading, parents sat down. One staff was inside observing, she checked the documents as well. Wonder she gave any mark to girls who read with concentration.
(3) Went up to 1st floor, waited outside Mrs. Dai's room.
(4) 2 girls came out, then my girl & another girl went in.
(5) 2 girls played 包剪揼, the one who won could choose to talk to Mrs Dai or read books first.
(6) My girl won, so questions were asked:
      - Name
      - Address
(7) A pic (a finished artwork) was shown to her, she needed to tell the procedures of making that piece of artwork (not sure what, sth like a mouse made by paper).
(8) Ask her Daddy's job.
(9) The other girl's turn.
The timing was exactly 15 mins. Mrs Dai seemed a bit tired, I guess she really has to see many girls in a day. She did not stare at the daddies too much. People said the longer she stares at the daddy the better.
I think it is really hard to get in. Some people said 1 out of 5, some said 1 out of 3. I don't know what.
Good luck.

3#
發表於 09-11-9 22:03 |顯示全部帖子
This is a must! It is about your child's education. Have a sick leave. You will find most of the other kids go with both parents, if you don't, you will feel bad. Today there was only one kid (out of 6) who only had her mother with her in the waiting room. Her mother looked miserable...Think again...

原帖由 ivypurin0803 於 09-11-9 21:18 發表
Thanks for your kind advice. My hubby works in school setting so it's quite difficult to take a leave. You know,in school,  holiday is only for  "red & white" matter ah! So harsh!

4#
發表於 09-11-9 23:36 |顯示全部帖子
Only Mrs Dai was in the room today.

原帖由 tvnotallow 於 09-11-9 23:18 發表
did your girl interview by Mrs Dai or other teacher?

5#
發表於 09-11-15 01:38 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks a lot. It should be okay that if we're back by 7Jan, just dreaming being accepted everyday ...
I heard that last year, a girl with 2 parents being doctors got rejected.....so maybe parent's background is not that decisive...

6#
發表於 09-11-15 23:46 |顯示全部帖子
Can you elaborate why you 'do not have a very good impression of the school'?

原帖由 oasismcmug 於 09-11-15 20:32 發表
I wish the English teacher is Native speaker but to my very disappointment, she is not, not to mention the other subjects. Well, my daughter said the computer teacher is native speaker In fa ...

7#
發表於 09-11-16 00:15 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your sharing.
- Do you think the girls are elite or above average (like the above post mentioned)?
- Do you think you will still choose DGJS if time can go back?
- How do you compare DGJS to SPCC (if you do know about SPCC)?
Thanks a lot.

原帖由 LaLa 於 09-11-16 00:01 發表
My girl is in P.2.  I don't have any negative feeling at all.  Not heavy workload (may be much heavier starting from P.3), less than expected pressure (unless you like to compare with other parents),  ...

8#
發表於 09-11-21 00:05 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks so much. Hope mine one is as lucky as yours that we got 2 to choose from. haha. It will be a real headache then...

原帖由 LaLa 於 09-11-16 12:09 發表
AC2002,

The term "elite schools" is merely a generic term for those so-called famous schools referred to by people in HK.  I don't have any intention whatsoever to label the students there as elites, ...

9#
發表於 09-11-22 00:02 |顯示全部帖子
Offer by letter/phone?

原帖由 Chumeiying 於 09-11-21 21:18 發表
My daughter told me her classmate has confirmed being accepted by DGJS last week.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖