搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 CKY versus 赤柱 St Stephens
發新帖
查看: 6062|回覆: 5
go

CKY versus 赤柱 St Stephens [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-1-15 10:38 |顯示全部帖子
I also have CKY and SSCPS offer on hand.  I talked to a few existing SSCPS parents and their comments are positive, such as happy learning, and the school is adjusting the academic standard to a much higher level.  They also accepted quite a large portion of siblings (40/60 this year) comparing to CKY.  Really tough decision!

2#
發表於 13-1-15 10:42 |顯示全部帖子
Actually both schls have pros and cons, SSCPS campus is old.  Given there small number of students, I'm afraid they'll have a much higher school fee raise in the future, heard that they target to raise to >80k after they got IB.  CKY has a much newer campus and smaller size class.  I really don't know how to make this decision.

點評

MCLIAN  but their location is really different! Do you have any preference? HK side or Kln side?  發表於 13-1-15 13:18

3#
發表於 13-1-15 13:57 |顯示全部帖子
回復 lovetungtung 的帖子

I live on HK Island, however, guess travel time is about the same.

4#
發表於 13-1-15 15:57 |顯示全部帖子
We are prepared to send our kids to UK for high school or university.  Therefore CKY seems to be the right choice as they go for IGCSE.  However, I do worry about how long the principal will stay with the school, once they have a new principal, will there be a total change of the school direction? The lack of flexibility (i.e. kids cannot switch to traditional schl) is also my concern.

5#
發表於 13-1-17 09:59 |顯示全部帖子
回復 runme 的帖子

To rume

I got this from an existing sscps parent, her younger son got in this year.  I got the same number from another parent so I think this figure is quite real.

Thanks other parents for sharing their thoughts here!

6#
發表於 13-1-17 10:12 |顯示全部帖子
如果有弟妹的話可能要多加考慮, 假設SSCPS 今年60+ SIBLINGS 申請最後收左40+ 是真的話, 這比例碓是較吸引, 而最近CKY校長自己都說今年雖然已經為弟妹加添分數, 但由於太多人申請兼高質素的小朋友頗多, 很多弟妹最終都未能有2ND IN呢!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題