教育王國 討論區 國際學校 寶山幼兒園
發新帖
查看: 14469|回覆: 2
go

寶山幼兒園 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-2-23 01:14 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 寶山幼兒園

This is not a kinder preparing your child to international school.  Actually any parents showing this tendancy or having sibling studies in international schools will be rejected.  It is because your child will leave school at K2 which affects its purse.  The school prefers somebody to stay throughout 4 years then it doesn't need to cut classes, which is a problem every year.

The teachers are quite good and well qualified.  The rate of getting into band 1 school is high.  But that is because of the influential and devoting parents.  The principle made herself very clear that she would help nobody under the table, though everybody says she has a good relation with St. Paul Co-edu.

The school fee is unreasonably high but the environment is sub-standard and food quality is bad.  Breakfast snack is salty biscuit,  lunch is undesirable (don't believe their menu), and 12 children have to share 1 fruit.  Open classroom for 5 classes - very noisy and lousy.  Old furniture and toys.  My boy had studied there for 2 years.

2#
發表於 05-2-23 23:02 |顯示全部帖子

Yes, my boy was happy during the two years, but I think he would be happy no matter which kinder I put him.  He was too young to compare opportunity cost!

Despite the school fee, I still recommend this school but that you have to bear a lot of unfair situations and that "no discussion" snobbish principal unless you are an influential parents.

3#
發表於 05-2-26 00:32 |顯示全部帖子

Dear PM2003,

A new English teacher put my son to a "naughty chair" for 10 min. in the first school month.  My son felt very upset and told me days after.  I questioned the school what had happened and the Assistant Principal was very kind to look into the matter and called for a meeting to explain.  However, no sooner had the meeting started for 10 min than the principal dashed in and asked the Asst. Principal to go out and "educated" me for 10 min.  She said my son exaggerated and that their teachers were all qualified and knew how to handle.  Later I found out that the new teacher actually didn't like teaching children.  She just came to HK with her husband.  Half year later she resigned and went to teach in an evening college.

However, when an influential parent complaint to the school that the tables and chairs were all worn out and broken, the school immediately changed them the next month.

Besides, children from elite family will be grouped in one class.   So we no need to worry how to make friend with Stanley Ho, ex-financial secretary Mr. Leung, or be invited to an extravagenza birthday party.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題