用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anyone heard about Harbour School? Please share if y ...
發新帖
查看: 13412|回覆: 5
go

Anyone heard about Harbour School? Please share if you know it! [複製鏈接]

冬日勳章

1#
發表於 16-5-12 04:05 |顯示全部帖子
OpheliaMama 發表於 16-1-4 22:50
Kindergarten: Kennedy Town
Middle school: Ap Lei Chau
High school: Ap Lei Chau (to be opened in Sep  ...
Hi OpheliaMama! I'm going to apply THS. I like the philosophy of this school very much but I just wonder where the academic level is. Is it about the same as other ISs? I'm not academic-oriented but you know our kids still need to get a job (and university) at the end so I just want to make sure that their academics won't be too bad.
As I observed from their website and FB, it seems that they focus a lot on artistic and scientific learning, right? I see a lot of activities (really a lot, almost all kinds of activities that you can name them). So would that mean they have little time to spend on the textbooks or they integrated most of the knowledge into the activities? How about traditional subjects like language and history, how do they handle them?

Thanks for answering my questions!

冬日勳章

2#
發表於 16-5-12 17:16 |顯示全部帖子
torunpoland 發表於 16-5-12 07:38
回覆 Jayelle 的帖子

you may consider writing to them and asking for a school tour during which you  ...
I just joined their school tour today. Just want to gather more comments from real parents. XD But they do really give great confidence to me to the school's curriculum today during the tour, I wish my girl can get a place.

冬日勳章

3#
發表於 16-5-13 02:31 |顯示全部帖子
kokchung81 發表於 16-5-12 22:30
Have you been to new zap Lei Chau campus? My daughter will do K class this coming Aug. So looking fo ...
No, I visited the Kennedy Town one. Heard that the Ap Lei Chau campus is still under renovation. We didn't mention about the residential location problem, but the teacher said it's a must to take school bus or public transport to school in the future.

冬日勳章

4#
發表於 16-7-9 00:31 |顯示全部帖子
kokchung81 發表於 16-5-12 22:30
Have you been to new zap Lei Chau campus? My daughter will do K class this coming Aug. So looking fo ...
My girl is admitted to the pre-k class in ap lei chau, might meet you there! XDD

冬日勳章

5#
發表於 17-3-28 05:04 |顯示全部帖子
totopi77 發表於 17-3-12 03:28
For Harbour School parents, have you bought the family debenture upon admission? Is it pretty much t ...

Compulsory debenture, 400k

冬日勳章

6#
發表於 17-3-28 05:10 |顯示全部帖子
pppwong 發表於 17-3-13 10:33
May i know if the school offer any Chinese learning? Thanks much

Mandarin with simplified Chinese
‹ 上一主題|下一主題