用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 Subjects taught in English by NETs?
發新帖
查看: 2860|回覆: 1
go

Subjects taught in English by NETs? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-6-17 08:36 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 father_ho 於 08-6-16 15:31 發表
Dear mosesdaddy,

What I know is in their sec., the school deliberatly trim down the usage of PTH in teaching by reducing the Chinese class teacher period (that is what I heard since my son is only at ...

father_ho,

not exactly,  there are add'l new subjects such as geography, DT (design and technology), Chinese History and English History.   Chance to meet PTH teacher become lesser.    According to the last Parents-teacher gathering, the year 6-7 student survey indicated that Chinese lesson is still one of the most favorite subjects (DT ranked no. 1).

2#
發表於 08-6-17 18:59 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 mosesdaddy 於 08-6-17 13:18 發表
Dear kkpapa,

I presume the additional subjects are introduced at Y.7 and beyond.  Except for Chinese History, do you mean these are conducted in English by NETs as well (while Chi History in PTH)?

A ...

Mosesdaddy,

year 1 - 5,  primary class,
year 6 - 10,  secondary class,
year 11 - 12,  IB

Chinese, Chi. History in PTH,  Moral education - either PTH or Cantonese,  Music in Cantonese, rest (including Art) in English by NETS.  Anyway,  CKY has a very strong PTH teacher team.  That's not surprising due to the school Principal's early involvement and promotion of PTH Chinese teaching since year 2000.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題