密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
樓主: sze~sze
go

SPK   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-2-8 00:47 |顯示全部帖子
A few years ago, we really knew nobody and got an offer to study at SPK.  However, I knew that there was someone in our class was with related person line to get offer... I believe some top kinders such as SC, KV, CCKG, SKH, ... related person does exist not only SPK...

Anyway, we gave up the interview this morning for my younger kid...  good luck to all of you...

2#
發表於 15-2-8 13:10 |顯示全部帖子
Btw, SPK does not like to take in small b, and same for SPCS (primary school).  The principal always states that they do not take in small b.  So, if small b usually gets waiting list after interview.  But, if you are willing to be big b next year, you stand a high chance.

3#
發表於 15-2-14 11:44 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 siden 的帖子

SPC has changed to a new principal and their Chinese textbook has also  been changed to more difficult one.  This year, the whole school (no matter in what form) has increased their difficulty.

DGJS has also increased their difficulty in test and exam for lower forms.  They use different readers for lower forms which did not use the similar readers (much easier ones) as the previous years.  Everything is harder each year.

SPCC (heard from SPCC parent) their kids have lot more homework in P2 than P1.  So prepare for it.

I guess do not think the honeymoon will be long.  May be just P1 now.  So, prepare yourself well in Kinder time.  The gap for SPK to SPC is huge.  Again, from P1 to P2, P2 to P3, P3 to P4...... will be much difficult each year.  Especially Chinese... will be the main difficult task for all students in an English Primary School.

4#
發表於 15-2-25 21:28 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 lui 的帖子

Lui, do you mean in SPK or SPC?

At SPK, my girl was in PM SPK class.  As far as I know, many of her classmates have many extra activities before school or after.  You will not surprise to hear that.  

My girl has some extra activities too.  We have music and sport at least... so,.. you can imagine.  

We did not go outside to learn English as I teach them myself.  Except Chinese we have to take lesson outside.

5#
發表於 15-2-25 21:38 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 lui 的帖子

Just want to clarify..

SPC or SPCC (St. Paul's Co-Ed)?

6#
發表於 15-2-25 22:04 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 lui 的帖子

Yes.  My girl has offers from SPC, SPCC & DGJS.

7#
發表於 15-2-25 22:15 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 siden 的帖子

Well..... my girls (at primary schools) were not with any academic classes outside school except CHINESE..

I teach my girls Eng at home.  No need extra lesson outside.   We like to spend time on music and sport instead.  I believe.. as long as they are above average.. there is no need to be No. 1 in academic ... so they would have less pressure to enjoy their school life.  More time to appreciate music and sport.  My girls are active in speech too.  As long as they are happy to explore more in speech, music and sport.  But, one thing I like their schools are... they are good at reading.. I prefer more time to read story books instead...

You may be right as some friends' girls are in tuition centres most of the time. For me, I shall prefer my kids to pick up knowledge from school or story books instead..

8#
發表於 15-2-26 00:03 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Applemaamaa 的帖子

Pls check PM.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題