用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 急急急! 請問cambribge starters 10盾好唔好放入portfol ...
發新帖
查看: 4434|回覆: 5
go

急急急! 請問cambribge starters 10盾好唔好放入portfolio ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-6-9 18:07 |顯示全部帖子
Don't mix up the result with the reason.  The exam should be used as a process of learning, not for just achieving results for inclusion in the portfolio.
原帖由 icbb1230 於 11-6-9 17:39 發表
Just got the result:  13 shields, should I go for mover or take starter again to get better result for portfolio use?

2#
發表於 11-6-9 21:05 |顯示全部帖子
Interview performance is invariably the most important factor schools consider.  No matter how short the duration is, schools always claim that they can identify the relevant qualities of the child at the interview.  

If your child can demonstrate a good ability in English in the interview (e.g. by quick and accurate response to questions in English), don't you think it's better than someone having 13-14 shields in Starter but cannot express himself/herself fluently at the interview?

I do not believe schools pay too much attention to children's academic achievements so long as they are ok (average or above).  Most schools prefer children who can respond fast and accurately with smart answers.
原帖由 icbb1230 於 11-6-9 19:59 發表
thomasha,

sigh~ I know it is wrong and not the right attitude. I believe my daughter ability, actually I don't need to her take part in the starter exam.  However, how can we prove her language abili ...

3#
發表於 11-6-9 23:55 |顯示全部帖子
It would be unfair to just look at the exam result and say a child has a certain English standard.  If they don't ask some questions in English in an interview, how much do they really care about candidates' English level?
原帖由 icbb1230 於 11-6-9 21:22 發表
thanks for your sharing, but I heard some people said some of the schools won't ask any question English.....

4#
發表於 11-6-9 23:57 |顯示全部帖子
Phonics is much better as it can be used in spelling and pronunciation, so it is something for the long term.
原帖由 rai_fc 於 11-6-9 22:10 發表
Hi all expereinced parents,
I am just wondering should i let my boy take pre-starter cambridge courses or phonic class.  which one is more helpful for the kid to estabilish a good english fundamental? ...

5#
發表於 11-6-10 12:45 |顯示全部帖子
What is your budget and which area do you prefer?
原帖由 rai_fc 於 11-6-10 11:57 發表
Thanks all parents for the suggestions.  
If you know any good place for phoncis, please let me know.  thanks in advance.

6#
發表於 11-6-10 12:51 |顯示全部帖子
這樣不是很好啊,她哭完仍然肯進試場已經很不錯,應加以鼓勵,讓她下次有更大信心。另外,家長應該檢討一下,為甚麼她會哭呢?去到時太趕?家長在家中或試場外給她太大壓力?

小孩這個年紀,要培養學習的興趣,而不是硬要他們得到好成績。一旦失去學習的興趣,就很難找回了,到時候還不是苦了大家?
原帖由 ka_yee 於 11-6-10 09:55 發表

之前我個女考Trinity喊哂唔肯入,只得Pass,嗰張cert唔好話唔見得人,我直頭想丟落垃圾桶,當無考過!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖