教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有冇Anfield畢業生既家長比下意見 ?
發新帖
查看: 4145|回覆: 1
go

有冇Anfield畢業生既家長比下意見 ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-2-8 22:54 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Ruby1219,

I agree your specific point below very very much and it is the reason we put the child in IS and/ or overeseas.

"The academic standard of GSIS is higher, in terms of English, Math, etc. Of course not Chinese. Also, the ratio of foreigners in GSIS is very high. This would affect the child's native proficiency in English and his social circle. This is not about pro-western and anti-Chinese/Hong Kong. But it's true that your child will grow up in a more multi-national social group and this would affect his social connection when he grows up. Especially for parents who put their kids in IS, I think they prefer their kids to have more exposure to different cultures and different nationalities."

I am hestitating to apply for GSIS due to its high debenture fee at a time.
By the way, is it that you are required to pay for the debenture of 250,000? or they have capital levy instead?

(We are applying for CDNIS currently for its pre-reception, and Kellet, JIS for their reception.)

Thanks,
Maria

原帖由 Ruby1219 於 09-2-8 12:08 發表
I changed my son to GSIS becos we decided to relocate to Island side, since me and my husband both work in the Island side.
Originally, I wanted  to 'transfer' him to ESF school in Island side. But R ...

2#
發表於 09-2-9 12:23 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Ruby:
Thanks.
Yes, GSIS requires 250k for debenture. As far as I know, that's no levy.
CDNIS requires the same amount for debenture right ? Although the monthly tuition fee of GSIS is higher than CDNIS's, yet the school hour is shorter. So, many parents might feel that CDNIS is more value for money.
But I think GSIS is of higher standard than CDNIS, just my personal view.
From maria - It is not only your personal view, but it is the fact. GSIS is rigorous. My sister as a private tutor of string instructments on HK island tells me the same.

For CDNIS, Manulife does offer a scholarship for CDNIS new students. But I don't know if that's for primary and secondary only. And, you need to be a Manulife client or staff to apply for your kid. My son did get the scholarship. By which, we don't need to pay the debenture and can get HK$25,000 sponsonship every year. But we still gave up as we prefer GSIS.
From Maria - I dont know that - I just think paying persoanl debenture plus capital levy.

Good luck to your school hunting.
Thank you! Maria

Ruby
‹ 上一主題|下一主題