教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 Siblings 在CKY和傳統學校的分别
發新帖
樓主: fatgoat
go

Siblings 在CKY和傳統學校的分别 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-7-18 18:20 |顯示全部帖子
sschiu 發表於 13-7-14 12:09
請問你是否準備入小一的呢?聽說現在的小學的情況跟我們那些年的已經很不同,不如請現在在低小階段的家長回 ...
Hi sschiu,

May I jump in and ask "what is the difference you heard about the primary school now?" because I am still considering whether to accept an offer for my little girl from CKY. Many thanks!!

My little girl has some common character as your daughter and she is now studying P1 in a traditional school, which is also regarded as a very good local school though, that is why I still cannot make up my mind to let her switch to CKY up to now. Sigh!!

2#
發表於 13-7-19 00:04 |顯示全部帖子
回復 sasa1202 的帖子

It is because we, as parents, are exhausted with the school's pace - too much HW every day and frequent tests/ exams, and we think it's too much sacrifice of time and effort for everybody in the family and it's not worth it.

Does CKY have HW to hand in every day or they allow some time eg. 1 week, for you to get them done?  Their HW content is like those of traditional schools' or more like projects (for Year 2)?  

What's the format of the Assessment? Is it like a Written Exam at end of term together with some daily performance evaluation during the term?

Do you mind sharing detailed HW/ Assessment style of CKY so that we could understand its teaching style better?  MANY THANKS!

3#
發表於 13-7-19 09:26 |顯示全部帖子
Continue...   My girl can actually fit both schools.  She also likes CKY besides her own school.

4#
發表於 13-7-19 21:50 |顯示全部帖子
sschiu and ckwliu : Thank you for your very clear explanation!  You are indeed very helpful CKY parents.  Actually, we don't mind "project type" of HW which we can find the time to do research together during the week.   Just can't stand the every day HW load since we've to be available every single night.  I suppose teachers will also guide them on how to do the projects (not totally rely on parents), right?  

Our expectation is : what she learns is not too far away from traditional school afterall, but in a more interesting and interactive way, and she's competitive in the international public exams like IGCSE and IB.

5#
發表於 13-7-19 21:53 |顯示全部帖子
continue... of course, we do wish that her English and Putonghua spoken and written skills are much better than in local school, in which they are not taught by native speakers.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題