用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CAIS 好唔好? (Christian Alliance International Schoo ...
發新帖
樓主: ka_yo
go

CAIS 好唔好? (Christian Alliance International School) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-1-7 22:17 |顯示全部帖子

Re: CAIS 好唔好? (Christian Alliance International School)

My son has an interview on 15 Feb. I am requested to bring along a "student reference request form", does anyone know what is it? On my interview letter, it doesn't mention about "letter of good behavior", why?

As seen on BK, more kids are applying for K3. Is it more difficult to get in the G1?

2#
發表於 07-2-8 23:53 |顯示全部帖子

Perryma

What grade is your son applying for? My son will have an interview for P1 next week. I am so nervous as his English is not as strong as IS's students.

3#
發表於 07-2-20 19:20 |顯示全部帖子

Hi all CAIS parents

My son has been accepted for P1 in the coming September. Can anybody tell apart from the school fee, tuition deposit, caution fee, fixed student fee, lunch and school bus, what else I should be expecting to pay and how much?

I also want to share experience with those having kids at CAIS.

Thankyou for your advise.

4#
發表於 07-3-3 14:37 |顯示全部帖子

Hi MARKSIX

Is there any formal announcement about the increase of school fee? I've paid the tutition deposit for my boy with current fee.

Thanks

5#
發表於 07-3-3 14:41 |顯示全部帖子

Hi 信子

No worry. My boy has been accepted for G1 in the coming September and we are not from rich family. I and my husband are working and as same as you to provide the best to our only son. The reason I'm sending him to an IS because I don't like the HK education system. As long as we can afford, I prefer him to be in an IS.

6#
發表於 07-3-4 22:42 |顯示全部帖子

Hi honpingchu

Thanks for your information. Do you know how often of the increase of school fee? If it is increased every year by 10%, I have to re-consider.

Thanks

7#
發表於 07-3-20 23:24 |顯示全部帖子

Hi agneslth

I agree with you that it is hard to judge a school good or bad by only viewing one or two incidents.

One of the reasons I choose CAIS for my son is because it is a christian school. I believe it is more emphasis on discipline than those with no religious.

By the way, my son will be at P1 in the coming September. Do you know the lunch and school bus arrangement?

8#
發表於 07-3-21 09:02 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Agneslth

Does your son have very strong English before changing to CAIS? My son is at K3 at a kindergarter in Kowloon Tong. I do think the English level in his school is quite high. But Mrs Reeves thinks he needs improvement in English and she offers him a G1 place in September provided that I have to arrange some weekend Eng courses or summer camp to get him ready in an all English enviroment.   

This makes me stressful, I am not sure how long it will take for a kid feeling comfort in changing from a local school to an IS.

Thanks for your advise.

agneslth 寫道:
這單案件絕對與CAIS無關的,因為校方已就某些家長的查詢而發通告予家長澄清了。

我兒子現就在CAIS就讀G2。這間學校的校風如一般國際學校,較活潑自由,但絕對是辦學認真,很重視上課的紀律,很著重學習的主動性,學術水平很不俗。兒子是從本地學校(所謂「傳統名校」) 轉讀的,但半個學期後就適應了,現在已講得一口非常流利的、沒有廣東腔調的英語了!

最令我高興的是,對比以往常被大量功課折磨的他,現在變得十分喜愛上學,也對學習重拾熱誠,我真是很欣喜!

這校很重視閱讀,課程設計也很不俗。他現在看的英文書已有本地學校四、五年級的程度了。很多人以為國際學校程度較淺,其實不然。我覺得分別最大的是傳統學校要在很短時間內學很多和很廣的知識,但國際學校就學得很深入。

這校小學部的校長Mrs.Reeves是一個很好的校長,她很愛護孩子,態度親切友善。老師的英語水平也很好,也很有愛心。我兒子非常喜歡每一位教他的老師,享受每天的學習生活。

我曾在學校舉辦的Spiritual emphasis week當家長義工,感受到這校的老師水準很高,活動很有創意,也很有意義!若是基督徒的家長,這校的屬靈氣氛定不會令你失望,因它真是一所以基督教真理為教育依歸的學校!

對我來說,唯一令我有一點憂慮的就是沒有中文學的,所以我會堅持每天跟兒子讀中文書,和讓他學好普通話。[/quote]

9#
發表於 07-3-21 13:15 |顯示全部帖子

I have asked her whether she still offers the place to my son if his English doesn't improve a lot. She says she will give him a try and I have to show I've arranged courses for him to get ready.

Govinda 寫道:
>> But Mrs Reeves thinks he needs improvement in English and she offers him a G1 place in September provided that I have to arrange some weekend Eng courses or summer camp to get him ready in an all English enviroment.

does your kid still need to do a test after the summer later ?
or you just need to promise her you will arrange a course for your kid ?

10#
發表於 07-3-21 16:07 |顯示全部帖子

Yes, it really worries me. She never says to gurantee a place for my son. Do you think I should get a confirmation from the school?

Thanks

honpingchu 寫道:
Hi leegbd,

I think she needs your son to test again finally.  She must see your son real improvement in english.

Thanks

11#
發表於 07-3-21 18:15 |顯示全部帖子

Yes, I paid it already.

MARKSIX 寫道:
leegdb,

Did you pay the tuition deposit?  If you did, there must a place reserved for your son.[/quote]

12#
發表於 07-4-21 00:02 |顯示全部帖子

Hi all CAIS mums

I've sent emails to the school several times about queries on school bus, lunch arrangment etc, but it never replies. I feel very disappointed with it, do you have same experience which can be shared?

13#
發表於 07-5-19 21:32 |顯示全部帖子

Hi TinaMummy

I had rang up the school about queries on school bus, uniform ordering and lunch arrangment. The lady said they would send information to parents around Mid June to July.

I remember some CAIS parents say there is no school bus arranged by the school and have to contact a Mr. Lee. Do you think I need to ring up Mr Lee?

Thanks   

TinaMummy 寫道:
Hi leegbd

You may call them, they will answer you immediately.

[quote]
leegbd 寫道:
Hi all CAIS mums

I've sent emails to the school several times about queries on school bus, lunch arrangment etc, but it never replies. I feel very disappointed with it, do you have same experience which can be shared?
[/quote]

14#
發表於 07-5-22 23:54 |顯示全部帖子

TinaMummy

May I have Mr. Lee's phone no.?

Thanks  

TinaMummy 寫道:
Yes, CAIS has no school bus service.  So, we need to call Mr. Lee because he provides school bus service to those school near CAIS.

I tried to call Mr. Lee several times but without feedback.  May be I called him so early (in April).  You may try to call him now.  Please let me know if you get any feedback from him.  Thanks in advance. wave:

[quote]
leegbd 寫道:
Hi TinaMummy

I had rang up the school about queries on school bus, uniform ordering and lunch arrangment. The lady said they would send information to parents around Mid June to July.

I remember some CAIS parents say there is no school bus arranged by the school and have to contact a Mr. Lee. Do you think I need to ring up Mr Lee?

Thanks   
:

15#
發表於 07-5-23 23:41 |顯示全部帖子

Hi all CAIS parents

As I would arrange summer activities for my son, please let me know whether school term commences in Aug or Sept, thankyou.

16#
發表於 07-5-27 17:13 |顯示全部帖子

TinaMummy

My boy will be at G1, does G1 have same school day as K3? Would you mind to give me a copy of school calendar?

Thanks

17#
發表於 07-5-30 00:07 |顯示全部帖子

TinaMummy 寫道:
Yes, CAIS has no school bus service.  So, we need to call Mr. Lee because he provides school bus service to those school near CAIS.

I tried to call Mr. Lee several times but without feedback.  May be I called him so early (in April).  You may try to call him now.  Please let me know if you get any feedback from him.  Thanks in advance. wave:

[quote]
leegbd 寫道:
Hi TinaMummy

Thanks   
:

Hi TinaMummy

I am told by Mr. Lee that the school will send a school bus request form later and just simply complete & return to school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題