用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖保祿學校(小學部) St Paul's Convent (Primary Section) in 2008/2009!
樓主: christineyan
go

St Paul's Convent (Primary Section) in 2008/2009! [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

21#
發表於 08-6-26 13:59 |只看該作者
無呀, 都係諗住買個公仔書包俾佢咋, 佢自己揀啦, 我諗有個自己鐘意既書包, 番學都開心d.

22#
發表於 08-6-26 14:17 |只看該作者
me 2 ,  仲未有 idea 買咩書包
我囡想要有拖轆的
但佢實在太細粒啦...我怕佢背唔起書包行上一樓課室

醒目開學勳章

23#
發表於 08-6-27 09:09 |只看該作者
我尋日問左亞女啦, 原來佢地而家上英文堂時係全英文的, 佢話佢聽得明喎..............(我有d懷疑law), but 佢咁講, 我咁聽啦.

24#
發表於 08-6-27 10:06 |只看該作者
AndyRain

咁你咪可以放心囉
相信 spn 程度真係高d
一分 $ 一分貨

有無人知小學部幾多分叫合格 ? 60 or 65
會唔會有補考之類
GS 唔考試, 點樣去 assess

醒目開學勳章

25#
發表於 08-6-27 20:22 |只看該作者
[quote]原文章由 jazzmama 於 08-6-27 10:06 發表
AndyRain

咁你咪可以放心囉
相信 spn 程度真係高d
一分 $ 一分貨
@@傻啦..........佢可能係唔講佢唔識咋. 因為我都唔信佢識聽.....哈哈.@@

有無人知小學部幾多分叫合格 ? 60 or 65
@@好似係60分合格. 平時既英默, 中默都計考試分的.@@
會唔會有補考之類
@@應該無......@@
GS 唔考試, 點樣去 assess
@@好似係考試唔係100分的, 因為有d 分數係計平時分的.@@

26#
發表於 08-6-27 21:05 |只看該作者
For GS, they have one quiz (40marks) and two assessments (5 marks each) for each term. Full score is 50.

The total score for exam subjects are 95, the remaining 5 marks are based on day-to-day work and performance.

Composition is a combination of daily assessment and exam.

Handwriting, Visual Arts and RE are daily assessed.

Oral, Listening, Music, PE and PTH have some sort of assessments.

27#
發表於 08-6-27 22:45 |只看該作者
原文章由 AndyRain 於 08-6-27 20:22 發表
[quote]原文章由 jazzmama 於 08-6-27 10:06 發表
AndyRain

咁你咪可以放心囉
相信 spn 程度真係高d
一分 $ 一分貨
@@傻啦..........佢可能係唔講佢唔識咋. ...

Thnks Charlesmama,

your valuable comments and information!
Do you think if it is necessary for kids to enrol any summer course for P1??

28#
發表於 08-6-28 11:31 |只看該作者
My girl didn't take any preparatory class before going to P.1.  If you girl belongs to those who can concentrate and "sit still" and listen, you don't have to worry much.  If she is very active and always "out of control" style, you may have to train her a bit earlier so that she can adapt P.1 easier.  (life in primary is not as free as kinder, you have many rules to follow)

As I have mentioned earlier that I think interest in reading is very important, you can start building  up reading habit for her (both Chinese and English).  English standard is crucial.  If you want her to take a course, you can consider brushing up her English. It helps in understanding  both GS and Maths.   When they reach P.3 or P.4, it is the language skill that matters most.

If you don't want her to take any course, just simply ask her to revise what she has learnt in kindergarten so that she would not be just like a blank paper......  The observe her problems she encountered and get related courses.

Oh! But my suggestions are for those who do not aim high.  I know some parents who already start teaching the kids P.1 syllabus during summer so that the kids can be ahead of the others. So it depends on your need.

29#
發表於 08-6-29 16:04 |只看該作者
原文章由 charlesmama 於 08-6-28 11:31 發表
My girl didn't take any preparatory class before going to P.1.  If you girl belongs to those who can concentrate and "sit still" and listen, you don't have to worry much.  If she is very active and al ...

Thanks Charlesmama!

I agree with your points !!!

30#
發表於 08-7-1 10:00 |只看該作者

回覆 #20 christineyan 的文章

Hi everyone. my daugther just got admitted to P4.

醒目開學勳章

31#
發表於 08-7-1 11:04 |只看該作者
Hi, charlesmama

Thanks your information, very informative and helpful.  I appreciated that you have clearly mentioned that your information is for those parents who are not request very high.  Therefore, we have more idea on how to do and what we can get.

I have one question, as we are not living too close to the school but the school is using cycle system.  Is there any headaches for arranging the extra activities(outside) after school?  Because every Monday maybe day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6......., that means every monday they finish school in different time if they have activity from school, so the time is not easy to control.  

原文章由 charlesmama 於 08-6-28 11:31 發表
My girl didn't take any preparatory class before going to P.1.  If you girl belongs to those who can concentrate and "sit still" and listen, you don't have to worry much.  If she is very active and al ...

32#
發表於 08-7-1 11:32 |只看該作者
Hi AndyRain,

You don't have to worry.  

The school hours are the same everyday.  They have School Activities class within school hours.  

If you choose to join other school activities (which are not many for P.1, most will join Computer class but you still need to go through a lucky draw screening), it will be held regularly on a particular weekdays or Saturdays.

I remember that School Activities class for P.1 is just some handcrafts unless you are chosen to join the choir.

Just a reminder, on the first day of school, you are going to get many circulars to read and reply, so you better make sure you have enough time and energy to finish them all.

Charlesmama

醒目開學勳章

33#
發表於 08-7-2 09:36 |只看該作者
Hi, Charlesmama

@@Thanks again for your reply.  Very useful and I have a clear picture now.@@

The school hours are the same everyday.  They have School Activities class within school hours.  
@@ So good that it is within the school hours.@@

If you choose to join other school activities (which are not many for P.1, most will join Computer class but you still need to go through a lucky draw screening), it will be held regularly on a particular weekdays or Saturdays.
@@So glad to hear such arrangement as more easy for the time arrangement.@@

I remember that School Activities class for P.1 is just some handcrafts unless you are chosen to join the choir.
@@ic.@@

Just a reminder, on the first day of school, you are going to get many circulars to read and reply, so you better make sure you have enough time and energy to finish them all.
@@haha, you recall my memeory of my elder son, I wanted to die when I have to fill out all the forms for him on hi s first day of school..........really..........scary!!!!@@

Charlesmama

34#
發表於 08-7-3 13:22 |只看該作者
原文章由 AndyRain 於 08-7-2 09:36 發表
Hi, Charlesmama

@@Thanks again for your reply.  Very useful and I have a clear picture now.@@

@@ So  ...

See you on by 10 July!! Will we know the Class No on that day??  Will they arrange school textbook purchasing for us??

can you please to advise!! Thanks

醒目開學勳章

35#
發表於 08-7-3 14:09 |只看該作者
See you on by 10 July!!
@@yes, coming very soon.@@

Will we know the Class No on that day??
@@Not sure.@@

Will they arrange school textbook purchasing for us??
@@NO, the school will only distribute a book list to all parents.  We have to purchase all the books from outside.@@

Cheers

Andyrain

36#
發表於 08-7-3 17:14 |只看該作者
原文章由 AndyRain 於 08-7-3 14:09 發表
See you on by 10 July!!
@@yes, coming very soon.@@

Will we know the Class No on that day??
@@Not sure.@@

Will they arrange school textbook purchasing for us??
@@NO, the school will only distribute  ...

Dear Andy Rain,

Thnks for your reply!!
Do you know if the medium will change to Full English from Day 1 like assembly or they have a "honeymoon" period" except chinese, PTH and Religious.  

Please advise!!

醒目開學勳章

37#
發表於 08-7-3 21:41 |只看該作者
According to what I heard, the teacher will speak in English although they know the girls are not too familiar with English or some/most/all of them are not fully understand.  The teacher hope the girls won't rely on any luck to change the channel.  Let them get use with the new medium environment.  Mostly the girls can handle it in the 2nd term, every year is like this.  

原文章由 christineyan 於 08-7-3 17:14 發表

Dear Andy Rain,

Thnks for your reply!!
Do you know if the medium will change to Full English from Day 1 like assembly or they have a "honeymoon" period" except chinese, PTH and Religious.  

Please ...

38#
發表於 08-7-7 16:21 |只看該作者
原文章由 AndyRain 於 08-7-3 21:41 發表
According to what I heard, the teacher will speak in English although they know the girls are not too familiar with English or some/most/all of them are not fully understand.  The teacher hope the gir ...

Dear Andy Rain,

Thks for your information!  Do you think that we will have the class no on July 10??  Do you knowthe rate of  SPK goes to other school this year??  

God Bless!

39#
發表於 08-7-7 18:30 |只看該作者
Do you mean your daughter is插班?

原文章由 BabyHug 於 08-7-1 10:00 發表
Hi everyone. my daugther just got admitted to P4.

40#
發表於 08-7-8 09:01 |只看該作者
My daughter is P2 now.
As far as I remember she get her class no on the P1 Orientation day (which is the end of August).

原文章由 christineyan 於 08-7-7 16:21 發表

Dear Andy Rain,

Thks for your information!  Do you think that we will have the class no on July 10??  Do you knowthe rate of  SPK goes to other school this year??  

God Bless!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題