用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖保祿學校(小學部) St Paul's Convent (Primary Section) in 2008/2009!
樓主: christineyan
go

St Paul's Convent (Primary Section) in 2008/2009! [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 08-7-21 23:23 |只看該作者
erikalo,
The school set the minimum requirement at 60 marks for Chinese. This is also for Eng and Maths.
The Chinese textbook is common as other primary, but mainly study exercise provided from school. Suggest you to buy some exercises and mock exam exercises for support.

The lang during recess for P1 students are mainly in Chinese.  

Regards,

原文章由 erikalo 於 08-7-19 15:19 發表
spc 家長

我想問下有關spc 既中文問題

spc 一向都比人覺得英文很好, 中文就一般, 我想問校方其實對中文課有無要求架, 定係全校都係以英文為主呢

仲有佢地是否全日在校都以英文為主架, 小朋友在操場時, 可唔可以講 ...

62#
發表於 08-7-22 23:27 |只看該作者
Chingchingfa

thanks a lot.

erikalo

原文章由 chingchingfa 於 08-7-21 23:23 發表
erikalo,
The school set the minimum requirement at 60 marks for Chinese. This is also for Eng and Maths.
The Chinese textbook is common as other primary, but mainly study exercise provided from schoo ...

醒目開學勳章

63#
發表於 08-7-23 16:01 |只看該作者
Thanks all for the valuable information.

However, I am quite disappointed regarding the welcome day on 26th Aug, just one and a half hour, so not much things could be introduced by the school!!!

64#
發表於 08-7-24 00:30 |只看該作者

回覆 #60 jazzmama 的文章

Jazzmama

Since the Music and the Speech Festival registration will be announced by subject teachers, so Music and Chinese would be in  Cantonese, English would be in English and PTH would be in PTH.  

Charlesmama

65#
發表於 08-7-24 20:16 |只看該作者
Dear Andyrain and other,

Did you buy the textbook?  All of them are ready now!!
I just got it today!

God Bless!!

醒目開學勳章

66#
發表於 08-7-24 20:49 |只看該作者
Hi, christineyan

Ching Kung didn't call for the Magic Eng and I still could not get it today from Ling Kee.  Will call Ching Kung for checking the stock tomorrow.  Thanks for your warm remider.

FYI:  Have you all got the uniforms already? I got them from 2 shops and both my husband and I found that the quality from the shop next to their school is better than Joseph.  I think the colour of the uniform from Joseph is too dark and the cloth is not soft enough so not too comfortable.  I got 4 sets from Joseph and I brought two sets to exchange for winter uniform as I prefer the one I bought from the next shop more.   Besides, the P.E. pants I exchanged today from Joseph is better, the cloth is not linen, so more comfortable than the one I bought from school (Joseph) on the registration day.  

原文章由 christineyan 於 08-7-24 20:16 發表
Dear Andyrain and other,

Did you buy the textbook?  All of them are ready now!!
I just got it today!

God Bless!!

67#
發表於 08-7-25 00:33 |只看該作者
Dear Andy Rain,

Please try to check with Jing Kung again but I have made the reservation for the full set on 10 Jul.  You may need to queue for the Magical english after the reservation completed.  Remember to buy the book cover which is not expensive and good.

I brought the Uniform already and I got it from the neighbour stores from School.  I just brought 2 sets only and 1 set of PE uniform.  

Keep In touch!!

醒目開學勳章

68#
發表於 08-7-25 10:06 |只看該作者
Hi, christneyan

Thanks for your reminder.  I will call Jing Kung, they said they have stock now, so may go there today after work. Thanks.

原文章由 christineyan 於 08-7-25 00:33 發表
Dear Andy Rain,

Please try to check with Jing Kung again but I have made the reservation for the full set on 10 Jul.  You may need to queue for the Magical english after the reservation completed.  R ...

69#
發表於 08-7-27 16:34 |只看該作者
Great!! Keep in Contact!!
God bless!!

醒目開學勳章

70#
發表於 08-7-28 09:53 |只看該作者
I got all 2 english books already, I found it even easier than Longman Express...............

原文章由 christineyan 於 08-7-27 16:34 發表
Great!! Keep in Contact!!
God bless!!

71#
發表於 08-7-28 21:40 |只看該作者
It doesn't matter!! They will have a lot of supplementary exercise from school!!

72#
發表於 08-8-26 23:17 |只看該作者
I am sweating after today's orientation because my girl is not that independent and I need to train her double hard by now!  God Bless!

However, I found the school quite strict which we prefer.  I like it!!

73#
發表於 08-8-27 19:43 |只看該作者

開學啦

各位家長:

請問點買開學時既午餐圍巾和膠桌墊呀?

74#
發表於 08-9-2 09:19 |只看該作者
請問各位師姐
1) VA 堂要準備咩野嫁
2) Reading report 幾時用
3) Award 是否由 9月開始計

75#
發表於 08-9-2 14:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 jazzmama 於 08-9-2 09:19 發表
請問各位師姐
1) VA 堂要準備咩野嫁
2) Reading report 幾時用
3) Award 是否由 9月開始計

係呀,請大家多多指教!

76#
發表於 08-9-2 17:34 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

1) VA- normally its pastel and colour pencils, desk mat, wet tissue and apron.  The teacher will tell you what to bring in the first lesson. You may need to prepare scissors and glue.  The requirements may differ from class to class. There may also be additional material required in different VA lessons. So make sure you remind your daughter to write clearly and listen carefully.

2.Reading report- need to bring during reading class. They have different English sheet for English and Chinese sheet for Chinese class.  The teacher will brief the kids during lessons.  Books that kids read both at home and school can be added to the sheet.  You can get additional sheet from teacher or photocopy for use.  Again, ask you kid to pay attention to when she needs to bring the sheet for teacher's checking.  Different teacher may have different practice.  Most of them will ask the student to prepare a Reading folder (like a big plastic envelope or zip bag) to put all reading book and sheets inside.  Separate bags for Chinese and English Reading Class.

3. Award - yes, I think it starts from Sep because before that, you are not her student!  And keep an eye on the competitions in school.  They have many interclass competitions. Such as singing, dancing, writing,  sports day and math speed test etc.  Even if the whole class participates in the competition, you can still get the score.

77#
發表於 08-9-3 00:13 |只看該作者
Dear Charlesmama,

Thnks for your valuable information!
God Bless!

Christineyan

78#
發表於 08-9-3 09:10 |只看該作者
Dear clarlesmama

Many Thanks for your information.
Regarding reading report, is it meant that we only read the books at home and fill in the form , we can do it daily as b4 reading scheme (like spk)

tomorrow will start day 1 lesson
I suppose teacher will tell them how to read the time table

原帖由 charlesmama 於 08-9-2 17:34 發表
1) VA- normally its pastel and colour pencils, desk mat, wet tissue and apron.  The teacher will tell you what to bring in the first lesson. You may need to prepare scissors and glue.  The requirement ...

79#
發表於 08-9-3 14:08 |只看該作者
jazzmama,

Your daughter can fill in the books that she read both in school (during Reading Class) and at home.  The sheet is used to encourage the kid to read more.  After a certain time, the Reading Class teacher will ask the kid to bring it back to school for her to check.  So it is nothing very rigid. No need to worry.

charlesmama

80#
發表於 08-9-3 14:14 |只看該作者
My younger girl is going to P1 in Sep08 also.

Regarding the school bag,  we use Lego.  For my elder daughters, she is studying in P.3, we use "Seven", it really light but expensive, ~$900.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題