樓主: HKBEE
go

Wah Yan VS St.Paul [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-11-27 17:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 ladykin 於 08-11-27 17:28 發表

咁如果 12網加上 15分, 機會如何呢? (我出年要報啦)

No chance in the first round !!

In the second round, arround 70% of the candidates can get their first few choices.  If you put Wah Yan/St Joe as your 1st choice (most normal cadidate will do so), I would say, you will have a 40% chance.  However, the consequences of failure might end up assigning you to the like of "Tai Hang Lee Sing".  One heaven and one Hell, Bet or no bet ???

王國長老

22#
發表於 08-11-27 17:48 |只看該作者
40%?樂觀左d 喎?!
係二輪華仁每晝只得30個學額,
點止75人選華仁,
自行分配每晝都過二百個申請喎.....

原帖由 balabala 於 08-11-27 17:37 發表

No chance in the first round !!

In the second round, arround 70% of the candidates can get their first few choices.  If you put Wah Yan/St Joe as your 1st choice (most normal cadidate will do so), ...

23#
發表於 08-11-27 22:49 |只看該作者
I would choose St Paul Boys without any hesitation. it's a no brainer to me.

24#
發表於 08-12-1 14:44 |只看該作者
i'll choose wah yan no doubt.  based on my discussions with many friends, in our minds the top schools are st paul's co-ed, dbs & la salle.  wah yan is following these schools and st paul boys' is among the second tier ones.

25#
發表於 08-12-1 16:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 麟媽媽 於 08-11-27 17:48 發表
40%?樂觀左d 喎?!
係二輪華仁每晝只得30個學額,
點止75人選華仁,
自行分配每晝都過二百個申請喎.....

For those who will enter the lucky draw would most probably have submitted their forms during the 1st stage no matter how many points they have in  order to be qualify for "knocking the door" stage.
Out of the 200 applicants, some of which are not living in Net 12 and will disappeared in the "lucky draw" stage. How many?  I don't know.  It will then not be unreasonable if the remaining number of applicants is really 75 or so.
Based on past experience, the hit rate is quite high and the estimation could be realistic.  
But as I said, it is not a question of how easy of being sucess, it is a question of the consequence of failure.

What do you say?

26#
發表於 08-12-1 22:47 |只看該作者
The topic is likely to change to the technique of fill in the blank on the from of lucky draw!

If you realy like Wa Yan, what is the next second and third choose we need to choose! otherwise the unexpect result will happen in front of you!
Am i right?
Who want to open this topic?
This is a very very serious process if we haven't back up!

原帖由 balabala 於 08-12-1 16:37 發表

For those who will enter the lucky draw would most probably have submitted their forms during the 1st stage no matter how many points they have in  order to be qualify for "knocking the door" stage. ...

27#
發表於 08-12-4 17:13 |只看該作者
一定選st paul boys, 唔駛再煩到下年6月既第二rd~~~

學術上我都認為sp boys好d~~~

28#
發表於 08-12-4 20:33 |只看該作者
Is there a list of some sort where we can see the tiering ?

I happen to know quite a number of WY and St Paul boys and am able to see the difference in person. My vote goes to St. Paul Boys. WY is also fine but not just as good.

原帖由 wlmom 於 08-12-1 14:44 發表
i'll choose wah yan no doubt.  based on my discussions with many friends, in our minds the top schools are st paul's co-ed, dbs & la salle.  wah yan is following these schools and st paul boys' is amo ...

29#
發表於 08-12-5 11:53 |只看該作者
we cannot judge which school is better just by the few people you know.  i just never heard that there are any 10As or 9As HKCEE graduates from st. paul boys, but there are tons in wah yan.

30#
發表於 08-12-5 11:57 |只看該作者
Traditionally, Wah Yan is a better and more famous school than St Paul Boys', that's for sure.  But honestly, it's difficult to compare the individual students' results just by the limited no. of people you know.

31#
發表於 08-12-5 12:24 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

"i just never heard that there are any 10As or 9As HKCEE graduates from st. paul boys, but there are tons in wah yan."

SPC never encourages her students to take 9 or 10 subjects in HKCEE. It's not strange that you never heard of that.
There are TONS of 10As or 9As in wah yan - can you share the statistics with us....Thanks.

32#
發表於 08-12-5 14:32 |只看該作者
it's just from memory on what i read from the news.  there are lots of nine/ten "A"s students from wah yan, la salle, queen's, etc.  i don't think anyone will disagree with that.

i was quite shocked that st. paul boys doesn't encourage their students to take 9 or 10 subjects these days.  it's very common to take 9 subjects twenty years ago already (and i took 10!).

33#
發表於 08-12-5 15:10 |只看該作者
I think it's very unfair to compare the schools just based on how many "Nine/ Ten "A"s students" are from that school?
For me, I think this just proved that that particular student can do well in the "exam" game.
Does it mean that schools encourage her students to take 9 or 10 subjects equivalent to good schools?
It's better to give more substantial reasons when you say A school is better than B school.

[ 本帖最後由 chunchunmommy 於 08-12-5 15:11 編輯 ]

34#
發表於 08-12-5 15:27 |只看該作者
Sorry! Do you know english level of Wah Yan primary school? Is it use phonic to teach english? How about Chinese?

35#
發表於 08-12-5 16:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 chunchunmommy 於 08-12-5 15:10 發表
I think it's very unfair to compare the schools just based on how many "Nine/ Ten "A"s students" are from that school?
For me, I think this just proved that that particular student can do well in the ...

Well said, chunchunmommy.  Look at those popular tutorial centres.  I wonder they were just producing taking As students in the exam, but not really educating them.

[ 本帖最後由 HuiTung 於 08-12-5 16:51 編輯 ]

36#
發表於 08-12-5 16:51 |只看該作者
I believe that the academic results of a school is one of the most important criteria to determine if it's a good school.  HKCEE results serve as a good benchmark as they are uniform exams amongst all the students in HK.  Of course one can argue that it's more important that the students could study more happily and have less pressure.  that's another thought.

原帖由 chunchunmommy 於 08-12-5 15:10 發表
For me, I think this just proved that that particular student can do well in the ...

37#
發表於 08-12-5 21:46 |只看該作者
Please come back to talk primary school thing!

38#
發表於 08-12-5 21:55 |只看該作者
Should you confirm the seat o tomorrow?
If Wah Yan is already provide a seat, of course Wah Yan, save the school fee!
If not, of course st paul!
If you give up St paul, it is not easy entry the lucky draw to seat from Wah Yan.

原帖由 HKBEE 於 08-12-5 21:46 發表

39#
發表於 08-12-6 00:10 |只看該作者
I think you have to listed out your criteria in the course of making a decision.
Do you mind paying the school fee?
Do you prefer whole day or half day school?
It's not just comparing which school is better but which school is most suitable for your boy.
Even if it's the best school in twon, it may not be the best school for your boy.
Quoted from other BK parents, no matter which school you have chosen, it's only an entry ticket.
We still have a long way to go!
Hope you can finally choose the most suitable school for your little prince!

原帖由 HKBEE 於 08-12-5 21:46 發表

[ 本帖最後由 chunchunmommy 於 08-12-6 00:43 編輯 ]

40#
發表於 08-12-6 00:45 |只看該作者
La Salle or DBS......
St Jo or Wah Yan......
Maryknoll or DGS......
King's or Queen's.......
St Paul's Convent or Marymount....
St Catherine or Kentville....

Just never-ending debates years after years!!

I wish that one day ALL OF US could have hot debate again over ...

OXFORD OR CAMBRIDGE.....
STANFORD OR YALE....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題