用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Victoria 家長 - 可唔可以講下大家戰績呀?
樓主: alcusmama
go

Victoria 家長 - 可唔可以講下大家戰績呀? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-11-30 23:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 mcheung1 於 09-11-30 11:29 發表

都唔可以講smart只係囝囝樣子比較乖(唔知有無影響)比較定, 答問題時比較有文有路, 但就無任何證書.

我個仔同你個仔相反,曳樣坐唔定.....咪衰咗囉

22#
發表於 09-12-1 02:34 |只看該作者

回覆 19# tungmom 的文章

My friend's daughter is also studying in K3 in Victoria.  And I am very surprised / amazed at her good command of English and Mandarin.  The accent of both English and Mandarin is really very good.

一學便學正確發音,這一點,如果父母唔係native speaker,係教唔到。即使每個月係出面使幾千去補習,無語景,亦都唔係咁易教到。  反而,面試培訓,父母或者出去上堂都唔係咁難,起碼教到。

待人接物同同紀律,無理由下下要學校教,父母自己本身唔使付出。

[ 本帖最後由 fatgoat 於 09-12-1 08:51 編輯 ]

23#
發表於 09-12-1 15:42 |只看該作者
我好同意父母都要付出去教! 但學校亦都佔好大部份!!!! victoria係"活動教學"! 自問現今有邊個小朋友唔活潑好動??  "活動教學"既小朋友就係坐唔定? 唔識等待?? ........ 咁唔係代表, 佢地可以無discipline! 我地當然有教 (包括身教) 但佢地心目中, 老師先係"教", 咁學校環境係重過在家教 (我本人認為).....
我有個case, 我大女舊年k2同班同學, 今年k3轉去st. stephen girl kindergarten! 開學第1個月就要見家長, 因為個小朋友坐唔定, 唔舉手答問題, 係位就咁答 or 同老師說話........
出到去見其他學校, 根本就好"蝕低"!! 老師/ 學校都要教d小朋友, 應有既discipline去應付出面其他學校! 到目前為止, 我知既起碼有80%仲未有offer, 比起以前幾年, 今年真係好(((差)))........

原帖由 fatgoat 於 09-12-1 02:34 發表
My friend's daughter is also studying in K3 in Victoria.  And I am very surprised / amazed at her good command of English and Mandarin.  The accent of both English and Mandarin is really very good.

24#
發表於 09-12-1 15:58 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

25#
發表於 09-12-1 22:36 |只看該作者
而家就作定論言之過早吧? 等埋DBS, 蔡繼有, 宣道, 英華...有結果再講吧!

話說回來我唔覺得victoria的discipline差, 老師的管教好恰當. 我個女同佢幾個小公主好朋友好有discipline, 佢地會舉手先講嘢(老師有教), 好聽老師話, 上堂專心, 坐得定, 所以要都睇小朋友性格!   

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-12-1 15:58 發表
yes, as working parents they spend more time at school than with us.

Its easy to stuff up their schedule with English, Mandarin tutoring, but discipline cannot be learned through ECA

Having said th ...

26#
發表於 09-12-1 23:16 |只看該作者
我的小孩不是讀維多利亞. 但之前曾經考慮過而決定不報讀. 主要是認為它太商業化, 而且報名表要查父母小學, 中學及大學. 它可以要求父母填報學歷, 但無必要讀過的學校名稱都要填寫. 其用意何在, 大家心知肚明.

它網站上有刊登每年的小學升學統計. 大家可以查查. 以六間分校差唔多600個學生, 如果不計官津校, 其考入一級直資/私校的比例其實很低. 每年只有10幾個入SPCC, 幾個入DGS及DBS.

大部份學生, 共100多個都是入其直屬的維多利亞小學.

27#
發表於 09-12-1 23:45 |只看該作者
I think parents of Victoria Kindergarten should psychologically well prepared that the curriculum in VIC KG fits best with that of its own primary school (VSA) which uses IB curriculum.  So, we can never expect the Victorian kids doing very well during P.1 admission interviews in other schools, especially the traditional ones

My husband and I have already realized this fact since our son was in K2 last year.  Since we have to prepare him to go to the Alma Mater of his father (which is a very traditional one), we have to supplement some traditional teachings and discipline training at home all along.  

But we do appreciate VIC KG which did successfully train our son, who was rather poor in language before, fairly well in three languages now.  

At the end, no school is perfect!  I think Parents have to realise the pros & cons of the school before making the choice and to make adjustments according to your own situation.

原帖由 hui916 於 09-12-1 23:16 發表
我的小孩不是讀維多利亞. 但之前曾經考慮過而決定不報讀. 主要是認為它太商業化, 而且報名表要查父母小學, 中學及大學. 它可以要求父母填報學歷, 但無必要讀過的學校名稱都要填寫. 其用意何在, 大家心知肚明.

它網 ...

28#
發表於 09-12-2 00:00 |只看該作者

29#
發表於 09-12-2 12:35 |只看該作者
some schools that I enrolled (e.g. SC, Munsang) also need to fill in the names of the primary and secondary schools that the parents attended Guess some schools will use this as selection criteria (part of)?!

原帖由 hui916 於 09-12-1 23:16 發表

它網 ...

[ 本帖最後由 twinsstar 於 09-12-2 14:03 編輯 ]

30#
發表於 09-12-2 13:53 |只看該作者
只是路過.... but... 戰績?....
some kind for parents show off, then parents choose a right school for their children....:-|

agree with wootaitai! i think there is no bad school neither, only un-match school with the child.
maybe if we count how many children success with the right school. the 戰績may appear much better!!

原帖由 wootaitai 於 2/12/2009 00:00 發表
agree with the post and cons.. there is no perfect school

why dont we go back to the topic?

How bad were the Causeway Bay campus results?

I dont mingle with a lot of other parents but from the smal ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-12-2 13:55 編輯 ]
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

31#
發表於 09-12-2 17:35 |只看該作者
The main thing is Victoria is not targeting to train kids for traditional schools. My experience is some traditional schools asked kids to read books which is my son's weakness as Victoria don't really push that in K2. And I know many kids in Kornhill campus have got at least one offer from private/DSS so far.  
The teachers always remind kids to raise up hands in answering questions and when need to go toilet.
But I have to say kids in Victoria is more active in general. It may be due to tjeir "active teaching" approach

32#
發表於 09-12-3 22:29 |只看該作者
any result on hmt branch ?

33#
發表於 09-12-3 22:43 |只看該作者
This is still more resonable than asking parents to show address proof, like one of the very famous traditional schools in P1 application.

原帖由 twinsstar 於 09-12-2 12:35 發表
some schools that I enrolled (e.g. SC, Munsang) also need to fill in the names of the primary and secondary schools that the parents attended Guess some schools will use this as selection criteria (pa ...

34#
發表於 09-12-4 09:48 |只看該作者
好明白家長對學校的憂慮和要求,並在升小一時面對的挑戰。
維幼必然會步向ib的,家長在選校時要清楚自己的方向; 若想愉快學習(幼稚園)又進入傳統名校(小學)的話,家長在家要做好home learning的配套---不是不停上興趣班和比賽取cert,而是要在家慢慢施教---德育、禮貌、中文閱讀等。(這是從何文田維記家長當中觀察所得。)
我仔仔已選擇完全走進ib這系統,維記裏兩年的訓練令他最明白的是learner profile,而他也成為一個頗reflective的小孩(k2老師+我的觀察); 而今年year 1上學期,他希望自己成為一個有原則的人。(I want to be more principled.)
請為孩子選擇合適的路及尋找相應的方法。

35#
發表於 09-12-4 11:16 |只看該作者
Totally agree with "Radiomama"!  

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-12-4 09:48 發表
維幼必然會步向ib的,家長在選校時要清楚自己的方向; 若想愉快學習(幼稚園)又進入傳統名校(小學)的話,家長在家要做好home learning的配套---不是不停上興趣班和 ...

36#
發表於 09-12-4 11:25 |只看該作者

37#
發表於 09-12-4 16:18 |只看該作者
Hmm... how come being able to behave well, and be polite and have discipline becomes a tradeoff for active fun learning....?

All these were not meant to be mutually exclusive.

My kids also go to Victoria.  On the whole, I am not unpleased with the school as teachers are very nice and tolerating.  Yet, this can also be a double dagger as kids tend to know too well how to persist in what they want.  Also, I am bothered by some Victoria classrooms having no desk and chair for holding lessons.  Kids write on the floor, read on the floor.....  When this casual/relaxed way grows into a habit, going thru P1 interviews can be a big problem.

One can always argue there are interview classes outside but do you want to teach your kids how to lie and act at this small age?

In short, victoria is a decent school but not a perfect school for everyone.  Basically, no school is perfect.  As parents, we should be realistics and double the effort in teaching the kids how to behave well at home.

I am telling this to myself.... my kids are probably the naughtiest in their classes...  

[ 本帖最後由 semideaf 於 09-12-4 16:24 編輯 ]

38#
發表於 09-12-4 20:15 |只看該作者
我很同意你的看法, 事實上每個小孩都有他的特質, 因材施教才是最重要. 今日我們家長心中認為的好學校未必是適合小朋友 . 當初我幫小兒報讀維多利亞, 就是因為它採取IB課程, 我一向不喜歡傳統教學, 雖然傳統教學可以讓小朋友在學術上取得優越成績, 但卻可能同時扼殺小朋友的創造力及思考力. 小朋友的學習是漫長的, 我要我的小朋友不是僅能應付考試的機器, 而是一個有自己思維, 遇到問題能自己去解決的人.

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-12-4 09:48 發表
維幼必然會步向ib的,家長在選校時要清楚自己的方向; 若想愉快學習(幼稚園)又進入傳統名校(小學)的話,家長在家要做好home learning的配套---不是不停上興趣班和 ...

醒目開學勳章

39#
發表於 09-12-6 21:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 monkeydog 於 09-12-2 17:35 發表
The main thing is Victoria is not targeting to train kids for traditional schools. My experience is some traditional schools asked kids to read books which is my son's weakness as Victoria don't reall ...

My son is studying K2 in Victoria. My son reads one or two story books every week.

Moreover, Victoria encourages parents reading newspaper with kids.

40#
發表於 09-12-7 12:53 |只看該作者
My 3 kids spent their kindergarten in Victoria. I agree that Victoria may not a perfect school caused no school is perfect, right? However, I am impressed of their considerating, concerning and open-minded approaches towards the kids. It's true that most of the victoria students are more active in comparing with others. However, when they study in Primary, you can see that most of them can adapt very well into a new environment as they were trained in kindergarten, they communicate well with their classmates, and usually they are full of confidence. In general, it depends very much what you want your kids to be or what is your expection on him/her, you are focus on the academic, conduct, ......
‹ 上一主題|下一主題