樓主: HKBEE
go

Wah Yan VS St.Paul [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 08-12-10 23:16 |只看該作者
Hui Tung,

Sardines????  Too much bones.  

Hi Steven819,

Whether a school can still be "labelled" as good school, really depends on the current performance.  History, in many people's eyes, is the "past", and should not be proud of.  The boys, who are currently studying in SPC, will determine the future "brand" value of the SPC.  

I trust you are the old boy of SPC, so as a parent of SPCPS' boy, I promise u to drive my kid hard to live up with the name.  In exchange, please give generiously to the new primary school fundraising campaign.

Yours,

The self-appointed SPCPS fundraiser

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 08-12-10 23:19 編輯 ]

62#
發表於 08-12-11 00:14 |只看該作者
haha, i like this,

i will push my son too to lift up our reputation.  in my time, we are the top top supplier for med schools

63#
發表於 08-12-11 10:24 |只看該作者
no wonder so many supporters for st paul boys la.  old boys...

it's also the first time i heard that the history of a school should not be proud of.  nothing to say la...

64#
發表於 08-12-11 11:23 |只看該作者
According to your kind of logic again, only old boys can be supporters and a few 10As make a good school. Well...

Where did you hear that "the history of a school should not be proud of " ? I read the entire thread again and can't seem to find anything you were referring to. Please enlighten us.

原帖由 wlmom 於 08-12-11 10:24 發表

it's also the first time i heard that the history of a school should not be proud of.  nothing to say la...

65#
發表於 08-12-11 11:28 |只看該作者
Yes. My hb's cousin is in HKU Medi.
He said there are quite a few of his classmates are from St Paul Boy.

原帖由 andrewpapa 於 08-12-11 00:14 發表
haha, i like this,

i will push my son too to lift up our reputation.  in my time, we are the top top supplier for med schools

66#
發表於 08-12-11 11:52 |只看該作者
from the quotes of hogwarts:
"History, in many people's eyes, is the "past", and should not be proud of."  

You don't need any enlightening from me.  Pls just open your eyes and read more carefully.

btw, i couldn't find any good reasons to support st paul boys is a better school, other than no pressure la, study happily la, no 10As la,... ok, then with these qualities, st paul boys could be a good school as parents would not have much pressure and can live happily ever after.

[ 本帖最後由 wlmom 於 08-12-11 12:36 編輯 ]

67#
發表於 08-12-11 12:13 |只看該作者
如果仍然只係由父母去討論讀大學o既問題,我反而覺得有啲擔心,我聽過有人帶埋媽媽去大學面試/見工~~~

我記得當年都係自己一手一腳揀中學~~~

原帖由 puzzledmama 於 08-12-6 00:45 發表
I wish that one day ALL OF US could have hot debate again over ...

OXFORD OR CAMBRIDGE.....
STANFORD OR YALE....

68#
發表於 08-12-11 12:48 |只看該作者
Dear wlmom

thanks for your comment.

Wah Yan is the best.  thank you.

But I don't think St Paul's Boy is nothing more than a happy school. If you or your family ever have a chance to study in this school, you should experience more.

Agree that Paul boy has bad branches, but so do many schools, even Wah Yan.  

about As:

I recall my story. what i want to say is "10As from individual student does not mean the standard of the whole school"

Unquote

I think this endless debate is not fair to both schools, especially those hard working students

[ 本帖最後由 andrewpapa 於 08-12-11 15:22 編輯 ]

69#
發表於 08-12-11 13:14 |只看該作者
用咁o既例子去比較兩間學校,非常之唔公平,任何一間學校都有成績叻學生同成績差學生,我同一屆畢業o既同學,都有差天共地o既際遇~~~

原帖由 andrewpapa 於 08-12-11 12:48 發表
Agree that Paul boy has bad branches, but so do many schools, even Wah Yan.  I have a relative same age as mine from Wah Yan.  He is only posted as a clerical post till now.

70#
發表於 08-12-11 13:46 |只看該作者
Please foucs student performance, teacher quality and school ethos!
Don't just compare 10A or 9A of HKCEE?

王國長老

71#
發表於 08-12-11 13:47 |只看該作者
其實有咩好爭辯?
你問我,華仁一班40人,
有d 細路仔六年都好開心既,
有d 細路係唔覺得太開心既,
相信咁既情況係Paul's Boys 一樣有,
至緊要睇間學校適唔適合你個仔囉!
講有幾多個10As8As都無意思既,
係唔係自己個仔入左就會10As 先?
各位家長要知既係學校既教學模式,
校風、程度、升中情況之類咁吖嘛。
我個人好鐘意華仁既校風,
學生之間很友愛,但d 仔有時都頑皮架!
小學階段我覺得學術唔係全部,
我更看重品德操行,呢樣華小比到我囉。

72#
發表於 08-12-11 14:29 |只看該作者
I think hogwarts wants to say that "我唔應該只沉醉於昔日的光輝.而要努力向前!"
Also, what s/he mentioned was "In many ppl eyes, the history is a "past", should not be proud of." which I think it's quite true that most ppl would argue in this way. 請不要扭曲別人的話!
I'm so glad to see that there is a group of SPCPS parents/ SPC old boys who strive their best to help building up the reputation of the school.
Hooray!
A good school can't stand on her own but needs good parents to support.

原帖由 wlmom 於 08-12-11 10:24 發表

73#
發表於 08-12-11 14:54 |只看該作者
to bobbbby

agree you point. and yours view is the same as mine if you read all my other posts.

I am just using an extreme example only.  Sorry to offence.  But i have to clarify that my relative is a good man at all.

74#
發表於 08-12-11 15:06 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Lun ma,

萬料不到會係呢d topic 同你chat.  我很同意你的說話; 對我, 也可以用在Paul Boy上, 只是有些人說的話實在太偏埋一面, 還扭曲別人的話, 好好笑.

75#
發表於 08-12-11 15:43 |只看該作者
明白到自己母校受到批評會感覺難受,但係名校聲譽係建基於學校本身/學生成績(學術同非學術)/畢業生成就,並唔係踩低其他名校去抬高自己~~~

原帖由 andrewpapa 於 08-12-11 14:54 發表
to bobbbby

agree you point. and yours view is the same as mine if you read all my other posts.

I am just using an extreme example only.  Sorry to offence.  But i have to clarify that my relative is ...

王國長老

76#
發表於 08-12-11 15:49 |只看該作者
HuiTung,你好嗎?  
有親「華仁 vs 任何學校」我都少參與的,
你知啦,呢d topic 好鬼惹火,
大家點對點理性討論最好喇,
但有時唔係架嘛我好怕既。
其實Paul’s Boys 係咪活動教學架?
如果係,華仁同Paul’s Boys 都難作比較啦!
華仁傳統教學,大家方針都唔同啦,
有人受傳統,有人唔受得,
A 既靈藥,可能係亞B 既毒藥。

原帖由 HuiTung 於 08-12-11 15:06 發表
Lun ma,

萬料不到會係呢d topic 同你chat.  我很同意你的說話; 對我, 也可以用在Paul Boy上, 只是有些人說的話實在太偏埋一面, 還扭曲別人的話, 好好笑.

77#
發表於 08-12-11 16:01 |只看該作者
Andrewpapa,

Don't take me wrong.  I am not a fan of Wah Yan.  I even think that the impression of its students to me are more "book worm" type and not active enough.  I just prefer wah yan over st paul boys based on my interpretation of their performance academically.  that's it.  i just wish you could provide me with some factual reasonings to convince me that st paul boys is better, not just some subjective comments made on your mother school.

HoHoMum,

with you saying that just "a few" 10As from wah yan, it also seems quite unfair to those students and the school.  Do you think it's so easy to get 10As??  It's very different studying 10 subjects vs. 8.  I tried it before.  I studied 10 and then dropped one out.  it's a lot easier.  i can imagine if i only have 8 subjects.

the fact is st paul boys has none 9 or 10As students in history.  

besides, one could get 8As doesn't also mean one could also get 10As.

my point is comparing academic results.  not being a better person, happy or not happy etc.  you may debate on these points but academic results are facts.

what took me to this thread was that i just don't understand why people nowadays are comparing these two schools, or like ying wah vs. dbs etc.    Maybe my thoughts are just too traditional and are only addicted to the old traditional famous schools.

thanks all for reading my comments.  ha ha

原帖由 andrewpapa 於 08-12-11 12:48 發表
Dear wlmom

thanks for your comment.

Wah Yan is the best.  thank you.

But I don't think St Paul's Boy is nothing more than a happy school. If you or your family ever have a chance to study in this s ...

[ 本帖最後由 wlmom 於 08-12-11 16:34 編輯 ]

78#
發表於 08-12-11 16:45 |只看該作者
Sorry wlmom

don't make me wrong, I am not trying to convince you.  I am saying that Paul boys is not a school with your comment "...no pressure and happy school and no 10As...."

your statement is not friendly at all. If you don't know much about Paul boys, please take away this comment.  if you were a parent of paul boys, then sorry for my impolite.

原帖由 wlmom 於 08-12-11 11:52 發表
btw, i couldn't find any good reasons to support st paul boys is a better school, other than no pressure la, study happily la, no 10As la,... ok, then with these qualities, st paul boys could be a good school as parents would not have much pressure and can live happily ever after.

79#
發表於 08-12-11 16:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 麟媽媽 於 08-12-11 15:49 發表
HuiTung,你好嗎?  
唉…有親「華仁 vs 任何學校」我都少參與的,
你知啦,呢d topic 好鬼惹火,
大家點對點理性討論最好喇,
但有時唔係架嘛…我好怕既。
其實Paul’s Boys 係咪活動教學架?
如果係,華仁同Paul’s Boys 都 ...

Lun ma,

都係傳統架! 上年有位朋友又係抽倒WY到同考倒SPCPS, 家住渣X, 對佢, 兩校之分別只有半日同全日之分別 …..

我係BK咁耐, 關於學校的討論一路都係咁低調, 今年唔知點解咁惹火, 真係唔知好定壞?
不過好慶幸學校有很多sensible的家長.

80#
發表於 08-12-11 17:45 |只看該作者
andrewpapa,

i also apologize if i had offenced you or your mother school with my comments.  not being a parent of either of these schools, i just voiced out my thoughts straightly.  of course st paul boys is not a bad school la.  i admit that its standards are improving over the years.

well, everybody has their preferences and even someone in BK could give up la salle for ying wah.  it's not bad in debating.  at least it helps me to understand now that the st paul old boys are so faithful to their mother school. : )
‹ 上一主題|下一主題