樓主: truthmr99
go

DGJS interview content [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 11-10-10 15:05 |只看該作者
各位囡囡非常優秀!出年到我家的男仔頭,似乎穿波鞋都適合?

62#
發表於 11-10-10 15:18 |只看該作者
My view is that the school probably had already shortlisted candidates based on the documents submitted like the school report card etc.  

The kids were interviewed in groups of 10, and only for 1 hour per group, and for example the english poem was repeated by the kids as a group and not one by one.  

I really don't think they can hand pick the kids during the interview.  They probably already knew before 1st round which girls they would like to bring back for second interviews, and the 1st round is just for them to make sure those shortlisted candidates are "ok" in person.

王國長老

63#
發表於 11-10-10 15:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 gowgowgow 於 11-10-10 12:38 發表
My daughter's First language is English but she told me that she was given Chinese/Cantonese reading and verbal instructions. She was pretty upset when she came out and felt disappointed since she was ...

希望妳別見怪, 借少少位置俾我呢個唔相干既路人甲講下, 因為我認識個別小朋友都係mother tongue係英文所以中文難以catch up既情況, 如果係咁, 家長搵小學時就要target一d中文科冇咁著重既學校, 女拔既中文應該都唔容易(我只係assume因為我唔知女拔小一實際情況, 不過呢類傳統學校按理中文科唔會容易), 就算今次面試過左, 錄取左, 到入學之後, 小朋友面對中文科都應該會有好大困難 要跟上都可能好辛苦.

為免學校孩子錯配, 宜再三考慮清楚.

64#
發表於 11-10-10 15:50 |只看該作者
My girl had the interview on Oct 7 at 2:30pm.

She said all the girls stationed in one classroom and 3 teachers came in to do the interview, one by one.

The 1st Teacher spoke in English:

An English poem was posted on the wyteboard. The teacher read the poem with some action and then ALL the girls repeat with action together after the teacher demonstrated. The poem was "Daddy's Cooking Dinner".

After poem reading, did the English worksheet. Q1: Who is making dinner?
Q2: I am not so sure. My girl said is about - "And" a pizza is "on" the way. She said the sentence didn't make sense and need to rewrite the words "And" and "on".

The 2nd teacher in Chinese:

Teacher read a story about A big forest with many different animals living there. They help one another. When the birds were sick, frog said will bring them to the doctor. Elephant said he will help but then he didn't. A pig was tripped by some rocks but the elephant saw and didn't help. All the animals were not happy and didn't like the elephant. Then one day, a deer dropped into the water and elephant use its trunk to save it. All the animals gave a medal cup to the elephant and become friend again.

Then Chinese worksheet. Teacher read out the Qs and circle the correct answer from 4 choices:

Q1: Who didn't help out?
Q2: Who was triopped by the rock?
Q3: Who sank in the water?

Then teacher asked the girls one by one which character is their favourite. My girl answer very poor as she said all. Then teacher said sje must choose one. She then insited to choose 2 and teacher repeated to ask her to pick one. She finally choose. Ahe was not happy and when she came out of the interview she said she didn't understand what the teacher said and the question was dificult. She insisted she likes all the characters.

The 3rd Teacher:

Maths worksheet in English

Q1: It is Mary's birthday party and she invited 7 friends. But she got only 2 cups. Draw the missing no of cups.

Q2: Mary's mum has 6 balloons and after the party only 2 left. How many balloon did she use?

Also, there was 已砌好的七巧板pattern on the wyteboard. Each girl used the shapes on the table to follow the one on the board.

65#
發表於 11-10-10 15:54 |只看該作者
I think as DGJS is an English Primary school, the worksheet were maily in English and the poem recital was also in English. If girls are not good in English, they will not be able to answer the questions properly and do the poem recital confidently.

王國長老

66#
發表於 11-10-10 16:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 waiwai_mom 於 11-10-10 15:54 發表
I think as DGJS is an English Primary school, the worksheet were maily in English and the poem recital was also in English. If girls are not good in English, they will not be able to answer the questi ...

即是學校對小朋友中英文底子都有一定要求.

67#
發表於 11-10-10 17:00 |只看該作者

回復 3# waiwai_mom 的帖子

Same as the timeslot woo.

Referring to the 2nd teacher in Chinese, has your daughter mentioned that the teacher is holding a book to speak or just speak without book?

From your sharing, I am so worry as the story description is a little difference.   So afraid now....

68#
發表於 11-10-10 17:04 |只看該作者
Totally agree. They have the kids selected already and the first interview was just a false hope given to everybody that they are really fair!

原帖由 tumtum 於 11-10-10 15:18 發表
My view is that the school probably had already shortlisted candidates based on the documents submitted like the school report card etc.  

The kids were interviewed in groups of 10, and only for 1 ho ...

69#
發表於 11-10-10 17:06 |只看該作者
I think though if my kid fit into that kind of test/interview then she is the one for this school. Since she doesn't fit in, its OK too. BTW, St Stephen's gave the most pleasant interview to my girl and hopefully she will get in.

70#
發表於 11-10-10 17:10 |只看該作者

回復 63# edea 的帖子

Thank you Edea. I understand now and totally agree.

71#
發表於 11-10-10 17:43 |只看該作者
just wondering if the school will bother to "select" girls according to school report before the interview because this will mean a lot of adm work?

I think it is easlier to "select" from the group interview and go back to the documents afterwards.

Just guessing...

72#
發表於 11-10-10 20:11 |只看該作者

回復 10# tumtum 的帖子

我都幾贊同你個唸法...
如果我係學校揀學生都唸到不是單靠interview那一刻,應該一早睇了學生背景之類,早早有堆心水人選...
一個五歲小朋友,識得所有問題一定是天才,不然就是父母的努力,己早教了.吾識的小朋友吾代表將來讀書吾好,吾夠聰明,只不過未學過...,因此不應亦不重於答得有多對,要考的是觀察小朋友有多專注,多聽從指令,反應等等.
學生背景,家庭支持先第一.
妹妹豬 齊來做個好朋友)

73#
發表於 11-10-11 11:09 |只看該作者
Hi, all,

From the post, I can see the questions asked from this school are quite difficult for a 5 yrs girl.
Do the girl need to answer all the questions correctly in order to have a second interview?
Hello! Mami and me love swim very much!! :wave:

74#
發表於 11-10-11 16:20 |只看該作者
Yoeyxlma,

Your girl is right!

"Five little kites flying high in the sky
Said, "Hi!" to the cloud as it passed by,
Said, "Hi!" to the birds, said "Hi!" to the sun,
Said, "Hi!" to an airplane--oh what fun!
Then whish went the wind,
And they all took a dive:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five."

原帖由 joeyxlma 於 11-10-9 23:21 發表

My girl told me that the kite say "hi" to the bird and so she write "hi", don't know if it is correct.

She did mention that there is a story in Chinese and the teacher ask them to circle the answer ...

75#
發表於 11-10-11 17:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 gowgowgow 於 11-10-10 12:38 發表
My daughter's First language is English but she told me that she was given Chinese/Cantonese reading and verbal instructions. She was pretty upset when she came out and felt disappointed since she was ...

Take it easy, my girl also mentioned that she saw a girl cry in the session.

76#
發表於 11-10-11 17:53 |只看該作者
Finally my girl told me her version yesterday, she said there are 3 session s:
1st - 2 teachers (?)
There are some diagrams built by shapes (七巧板) on the board and they are asked to repeat the diagram

2nd - 3 teachers (?)
English poem - kite
They are asked to answer questions on worksheet thereafter

3rd - 2 teachers (?)
Chinese story about a Character called 丁丁 and 丁丁's friend, a fox and a rabit, etc.  
They are asked to circle the answer for questions on worksheet thereafter

That is!

77#
發表於 11-10-11 22:13 |只看該作者

回復 48# joeyxlma 的帖子

HI joeyxlma,

My girl told me that the kite say "hi" to the bird and so she write "hi", don't know if it is correct. ==>

Yes, my girl told me the answer should be "Hi" after the interview. But it was too late. Too bad!

78#
發表於 11-10-12 09:09 |只看該作者

回復 63# 330 的帖子

我女講的同你女好相似
佢話peter爸爸買咗7條魚送咗2條比peter
請在魚缸內畫上2條魚(我也覺得我囡理解錯誤)應該是7-2=5吧
請問你女有無話要寫中文名?

79#
發表於 11-10-12 10:15 |只看該作者
小女是10月7日上午面見, 大部分題目和大家相似, 唯一是數學題不一樣, 想和大家分享題目的問法。小女憶術 “瑪莉姨買了6個蘋果來家中探望媽媽和我, 而問題纸上有一個籃子, 上面已經有兩個蘋果, 那你應該要劃多幾個?” 很明顯,答案是4個, 學校想考的是2+4=6, 但小女劃了6個, 我和爸爸心想小女應該答錯。 但小女的廣東話理解和數學的分析一向都不錯, 重覆想想, 再問她為何認為是6個, 她的解釋是, 家中的籃子原来已經有兩個蘋果, 所以把瑪莉姨的6個蘋果放進, 應該有8個。可能家中有類似盛載水果的器具,加上籃子并不是掛在瑪莉姨手中,所以導致她答錯了。

我和爸爸認為小女的答案合情合理,而且已經用心聆聽老師的故事,實在非常安慰。    有時候小孩子的思想,可能超越成年人的想法,問題的表達方式一定要仔细,我看見早前有位家長的女兒所答的答案和我小女一樣, 相信可能 和小女的理解一樣。

80#
發表於 11-10-12 10:56 |只看該作者

回復 1# Lamka 的帖子

我女也堅持話因為peter的魚缸是空的
咁爸爸送兩條比佢因此係畫2條魚
‹ 上一主題|下一主題