密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 SSCPS P1 RESULT
樓主: Longan
go

SSCPS P1 RESULT [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 09-11-9 10:22 |只看該作者
don't feel bad....you never know which school  suit her best at this moment  :D!
原帖由 Trusty 於 09-11-9 10:08 發表
We may have to give up the placement .  As we have financial concern, and just call the school that they don't have any financial aid for whatever reasons.

I feel bad, cos' my dau ...

82#
發表於 09-11-9 10:39 |只看該作者
Just my personal feeling. I saw some kid application succesful here. But parent now concern on the fee, location, etc. I just wonder why parent don't do enough homework or research to know on each school. I am a little bit angry that this really affected those parent or kid really like this school; but can't have a chance to study this school. (Well, of course interview performance is the main point for the result.)

83#
發表於 09-11-9 10:43 |只看該作者
Yes, many parents and children are attracted by the school environment of SSCPS at first. It is spacious with beautiful scenery and fresh air. I think people working or studying there would have good physical and mental health.

However, for me and my child, the curricula, the staff profile and the learning atmosphere of SSCPS impress us the most! The curricula, in fact, are not pushy or stressful, but the academic standards are very high. I gave my son's English and Chinese dictations for my friends (who teach at universities or secondary schools) to see, they are also very impressed. However, I could see that my child enjoys his school life and does not feel the pressure at all. (BTW, he does all the study by himself, no help from family or private tutor.)

I found that not only their orchestra, choir, choral speech and sports are good, their team spirit is also high.

Maybe, the tuition fee is expensive. However, after comparing with other schools and see what my son has got, I think it is worthy.

[ 本帖最後由 ssspwong 於 09-11-9 10:47 編輯 ]

84#
發表於 09-11-9 10:48 |只看該作者
My son got the offer letter, but we are still waiting for the final result of St. Paul's Co-edu.

85#
發表於 09-11-9 10:59 |只看該作者
How about the english oral standard? I am a bit concerned about that as I spoke to a student helper on the interview day in English and it was quite below my expectation  

原帖由 ssspwong 於 09-11-9 10:43 發表
Yes, many parents and children are attracted by the school environment of SSCPS at first. It is spacious with beautiful scenery and fresh air. I think people working or studying there would have good  ...

86#
發表於 09-11-9 11:05 |只看該作者
Well, don't give too high expectation. They just a kid.

87#
發表於 09-11-9 11:10 |只看該作者
The golden period for kid to learn foerign language is below 10. If we put a kid in a school with so many NET teachers and resources and so much emphasis in english training. Of course, we expect value for money

原帖由 aa120520 於 09-11-9 11:05 發表
Well, don't give too high expectation. They just a kid.

88#
發表於 09-11-9 12:14 |只看該作者
I am satisfied with their English oral standard. Of course, they are not as fluent as those of international schools but they are confident enough to speak to foreigners. It is very important for their future academic and career development.

Besides, students' putongha is good. (I can't accept that my son's chinese language is too bad as a Chinese; so I would not choose international schools)

原帖由 monkeydog 於 09-11-9 11:10 發表
The golden period for kid to learn foerign language is below 10. If we put a kid in a school with so many NET teachers and resources and so much emphasis in english training. Of course, we expect valu ...

89#
發表於 09-11-9 12:21 |只看該作者

回覆 87# monkeydog 的文章

I kind of agreed with monkeydog as for that amount of $ and NET, the English standard should be higher.  However, I found that it's at par with HKUGP and TSL.   However, i must admit that the study environment is one of the best in HK.

Per aa120520, I am also not that happy that some parents applied for certain schools but at the end, they know they won't enroll to that school.  There are many parents waitlisting for these schools (including me) and poor us   Hopefully they can make up their mind sooner so desperate parents like us can have our kids get in.

90#
發表於 09-11-9 12:32 |只看該作者
The student embassadors are at P5-6.  Is SSCPS a private school already 5 to 6 years ago?

原帖由 bobee 於 09-11-9 12:21 發表
I kind of agreed with monkeydog as for that amount of $ and NET, the English standard should be higher.  However, I found that it's at par with HKUGP and TSL.   However, i must admit that the study en ...

91#
發表於 09-11-9 12:35 |只看該作者

回覆 90# im_cyt 的文章

really?  from P5-6, then, I'm quite disappointed.  anyway, this school is a private school for a long long long time.

92#
發表於 09-11-9 12:46 |只看該作者
Could any one tell me that the students' spoken English is good, average, really bad,or just not as good as expected?  Thanks.

93#
發表於 09-11-9 13:04 |只看該作者
I don't know the others, but just that the one taking me for the tour is at P5 and then the other girl ambassador for taking another family is also at P5.

sorry.....my memory is not so good.......

原帖由 bobee 於 09-11-9 12:35 發表
really?  from P5-6, then, I'm quite disappointed.  anyway, this school is a private school for a long long long time.

94#
發表於 09-11-9 13:08 |只看該作者
It looks like that a number of people have already got the acceptance letters. Thus it seems that all letters have been sent out. I am really sad as my daughter kept saying that she likes St Stephen the most.
Work hard moms!

95#
發表於 09-11-9 13:21 |只看該作者
Last year I was very impressed on the English standard of student helpers.  This is one of the reasons why I chose this school last year.   During their presentation, they showed how much they love St Stephen.  So, besides language environment, happy school life is my concern.  Moreover, I like their attitudes and they are very polite to talk to parents.
For those waiting parents, don't give up as you still have chance.

96#
發表於 09-11-9 13:22 |只看該作者
don't worry, heard from other mum said that they'll send the letters by batches.

And, if some do not turned up for the registration on 23 Nov (for location and school fee problem), there're also vacancies left.

wish you receive the acceptance letter soon.

原帖由 kcPooh 於 09-11-9 13:08 發表
It looks like that a number of people have already got the acceptance letters. Thus it seems that all letters have been sent out. I am really sad as my daughter kept saying that she likes St Stephen t ...

97#
發表於 09-11-9 13:40 |只看該作者
Thanks for your support. I really hope there is still the chance. My daughter is a bit less proactive sometimes. However she did told me that she was the first one to hand up for answering the questions. I trusted that she had put effort in doing her best though may not be the best. I introduced the school to her and made her feel attached. By seeing no news on the schools one by one, my heart really sunk to the bottom.

However, as we have no relationship to the schools, I did not know if there are still chances. It is very exciting to open the mail box everyday but very sad for the disappointment one by one.

原帖由 im_cyt 於 09-11-9 13:22 發表
don't worry, heard from other mum said that they'll send the letters by batches.

And, if some do not turned up for the registration on 23 Nov (for location and school fee problem), there're also vaca ...
Work hard moms!

98#
發表於 09-11-9 14:17 |只看該作者
I haven't rec'd any letter though.  Let's keep our finger crossed.  Couldn't worry too much.  I believe my girl has done her best.

Update:  I just called the school, they said they won't know if the first batch acceptance letters have all been sent out or not.  The Principal is in charge of the whole thing, so even failure letter may be sent out this early.

Good luck.

[ 本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 09-11-9 14:21 編輯 ]

99#
發表於 09-11-9 14:38 |只看該作者
They are at P5. Let me elaborate a bit...I was not expecting quite a few "Chinese English" expressions in a 2 mins chat with a kid at P5 in a English teaching primary school with 8 NET teachers. And the things we were talking is just about daily life. I mean if presentation given by kids standing on stage of some schools, the kids can be trained up and I dont think it is a real test of english ability of kids. And I was not talking about english accent as we can only expect native accent in ESF etc.

That's why I just want to find out what is the general oral english standard of the school and if the case I saw was only isolated case. I was also thinking student helper should already be selected from a better student pool in terms of language and presentation etc.     

原帖由 im_cyt 於 09-11-9 13:04 發表
I don't know the others, but just that the one taking me for the tour is at P5 and then the other girl ambassador for taking another family is also at P5.

sorry.....my memory is not so good.......

100#
發表於 09-11-9 14:48 |只看該作者
Dear JustinJustin,

thks for your suggestion.

I 'v also applied St. Stephen Girl's as my first choice too, but I only have 15 pts. I think I will still choose this sch coz I like the environment n the syiballs as well. I have failed in DGJS n Co-ed already.  In result, this is the best I can choose now.

In regarding the sch fees, I think I will let my girl to study extra cirriculum even if she is studying in half day sch since I m a workin mammy.  I can't afford too much time with her.  

原帖由 JustinJustin 於 09-11-8 19:40 發表
Shusiusiu,

School bus for Western district is before 7:30am, you can call the school and ask the right time.

Sacred Heart is a half day school and starts 7:50am for the morning class also. Normal t ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題