搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 SSCPS P1 RESULT
樓主: Longan
go

SSCPS P1 RESULT [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 09-11-9 15:11 |只看該作者
monkeydog,

The principal said that the student helpers on that day were not selected at all.  She said that the teachers just asked if anyone was free to help on that day and anyone raised up their hands would be given opportunity.  She said that they were not top students but there're opportunity for every students.

I have not tested their English standards, so I don't know how the English standard of the helper who took me to the school tour.

原帖由 monkeydog 於 09-11-9 14:38 發表
They are at P5. Let me elaborate a bit...I was not expecting quite a few "Chinese English" expressions in a 2 mins chat with a kid at P5 in a English teaching primary school with 8 NET teachers. And t ...

102#
發表於 09-11-9 15:53 |只看該作者
Agreed.  I have applied 9 DSS and private school.  The kids (helper) from this school are the most confident ones among all the schools that I ve applied.   I remembered that one of the  private schools, the english helper just slipped away when he was asked to talk to the parents and kids... so funny.......... And the kids from St stephen's are confident and impressive.  I think they are great as they have guts to show the strangers around school and answer their questions at that age......

原帖由 aa120520 於 09-11-9 11:05 發表
Well, don't give too high expectation. They just a kid.

103#
發表於 09-11-9 17:51 |只看該作者
You are right. The staff said the same, and had no idea. Whether true or not nobody knows.  

原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-11-9 14:17 發表
I haven't rec'd any letter though.  Let's keep our finger crossed.  Couldn't worry too much.  I believe my girl has done her best.

Update:  I just called the school, they said they won't know if the  ...

104#
發表於 09-11-9 18:29 |只看該作者
That helper was very confident in replying in English when we asked if she could talk to us in English, it is just the standard... Age at P5 has confidence to face strangers and answer questions in today's world and non-spoon feeding teaching schools are not suprising. Think of our kids who are 5 years old only and face so many different new faces asking so many interview questions in a totally unknown environment, quite a lot of them can handle well. I heard from many kids telling their parents what were going on in the interview, the maturity and ability to express are so impressive. World has changed and become very competitive. We need more outspoken kids.

105#
發表於 09-11-10 12:58 |只看該作者
My son started his G1 in SSCPS for two months. He can speak very good PTH and commumicate with English. The language enviroment of this school is excellent. English and SHE are  taught by Native speaker. Math is taught by a local teacher in English. The Chinese, PTH, 常識 are taught in PTH.

Today is the anniversary of receiving the acceptance letter and starts my worry about the transportation.
1 hour, 1.5 hour, 2 hours?
No, the school bus picked up the kids from one district only. My kid gets on the school bus 7:20am and the travel time is reasonable also 30-40 min.  

For the Kowloon side, there is a nanny bus to pick kids from HungHom at 7:20am,and 奧海城 but you need to pick up the kids after their ECA activity. If we take school bus, there is a second round delivery after the ECS activity.  

原帖由 monkeydog 於 09-11-9 18:29 發表
That helper was very confident in replying in English when we asked if she could talk to us in English, it is just the standard... Age at P5 has confidence to face strangers and answer questions in to ...

[ 本帖最後由 Jack0128 於 09-11-10 17:35 編輯 ]

106#
發表於 09-11-10 23:28 |只看該作者
I wanna know if the offers are released by batches as in prior year?

I really like the school and would like to find to have the seat......
Work hard moms!

107#
發表於 09-11-10 23:37 |只看該作者
It seems that no one received any letter in last two days.

108#
發表於 09-11-11 08:12 |只看該作者
Please check pm.
原帖由 kcPooh 於 09-11-10 23:28 發表

109#
發表於 09-11-11 08:34 |只看該作者
kcPooh,

The offers are released by batches as prior year.
If you haven't received the acceptance letter, and like this school. You can write to the principal and
start knocking door.

The second batches will release after the registration 23 November. There is 99 seats only. If there is available, they will call the waiting list.

原帖由 kcPooh 於 09-11-10 23:28 發表

110#
發表於 09-11-11 09:34 |只看該作者
I am a bit confused by "sending out offers by batches".

Does it mean sending out all 99 offers (1st batch) for registration on 23 Nov 09, and then call the waiting list to fill up the vacancy (2nd batch) OR

really sending out the first 99 offers by batches?

I have asked the staff of the school and the answer is that the headmistress would give the list of successful candiates to them for sending out offers by batches BUT the last date is up to mid Jan 2010!

Any idea?

Thanks.

111#
發表於 09-11-11 09:38 |只看該作者
Just check with the school.  They said that they are still sending the letters before 23 Nov.

112#
發表於 09-11-11 10:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 grDaddy 於 09-11-11 09:38 發表
Just check with the school.  They said that they are still sending the letters before 23 Nov.

Thank you grDaddy! I almost give up my hope as we still haven't got letter from St. Stephen by now while it is our dream school.
Even though it is very very far from our home at Kowloon Tong 41 district, very likely we have to move home, if our son gets into this school.
This is a good school, campus, language environment, academic level, co-ed nature......etc. We wish our 1-year-old younger daughter can follow her elder brother to get into this school, that's why we apply for it.

We are still waiting for the offer-letter. Lucky to hear that the letters were sent out in batches, that means no "zero-hope" lah?!

Should we wait till 23 Nov then send a "knocking-door" letter? Or should we start begging the school now?

Anyone pls advise us!
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

113#
發表於 09-11-11 10:45 |只看該作者
Hi Jack0128,

Knowing that your kid is in G1, and happy at school, would like to know more and if you can share:
1) amount of homework?  3 - 4 pcs? finish within 1 hr? need longer time?
2) your kid learn instruments at school? outside?
3) are the class teachers willing to communicate with parents on the kids' progress / adaptation to G1 life?

Thanks!!!

原帖由 Jack0128 於 09-11-11 08:34 發表
kcPooh,

The offers are released by batches as prior year.
If you haven't received the acceptance letter, and like this school. You can write to the principal and
start knocking door.

The second b ...

114#
發表於 09-11-11 10:45 |只看該作者

回覆 107# grDaddy 的文章

hi grDaddy, do you think those got offers are being interviewed in the Cantonese/English/Mandarin session?  Just wondering whether the principal will select certain # of students from each session?

115#
發表於 09-11-11 11:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 bobee 於 09-11-11 10:45 發表
hi grDaddy, do you think those got offers are being interviewed in the Cantonese/English/Mandarin session?  Just wondering whether the principal will select certain # of students from each session?

I have no idea about these at all.

116#
發表於 09-11-11 11:51 |只看該作者
Dear Littlemak,

If St Stephen is your first choice, you had better writing the letter to school immediately.  Don't wait till after 1st batch registration.
Due to St Stephen, we moved house from Kowloon this year and found that it is worth to do so.  Since my son is very happy everyday and likes to share with me what is happening in school.
GOD bless you!
原帖由 littlemak 於 09-11-11 10:40 發表

Thank you grDaddy! I almost give up my hope as we still haven't got letter from St. Stephen by now while it is our dream school.
Even though it is very very far from our home at Kowloon Tong 41 dis ...

117#
發表於 09-11-11 11:55 |只看該作者

回覆 116# Yonniewong 的文章

Thank you very much, Yonniewong,

Should I write the letter in Chinese or English better?

My son's first "resume letter" was written in Chinese, would it be a factor that he failed in the first round?
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

118#
發表於 09-11-11 11:57 |只看該作者
Very glad to learn about that. It seems that those who got the offers are really the lucky ones.

原帖由 Yonniewong 於 09-11-11 11:51 發表
Dear Littlemak,

If St Stephen is your first choice, you had better writing the letter to school immediately.  Don't wait till after 1st batch registration.
Due to St Stephen, we moved house from Kowl ...
Work hard moms!

119#
發表於 09-11-11 12:03 |只看該作者
They are sending out all the letters already, and after the registration on Nov 23.
They call the second batch to fill up all the vacancy.

You can see more than 10 BK parents receive the acceptance letters. Are all the appliance parents chat in BK?  There is only 99 seats.

原帖由 LifeSharing 於 09-11-11 09:34 發表
I am a bit confused by "sending out offers by batches".

Does it mean sending out all 99 offers (1st batch) for registration on 23 Nov 09, and then call the waiting list to fill up the vacancy (2nd b ...

[ 本帖最後由 Jack0128 於 09-11-11 12:21 編輯 ]

120#
發表於 09-11-11 12:18 |只看該作者
chan_wingyee,

Yes, my son is happy than kindergarten, because  school is big. Even go to library is an interested thing. Lunch in a big cafe, and pray in PTH, English,...

You can see in the website, 3 subject, finish within half hour. If there is LIL, which takes long time.

2) your kid learn instruments at school? outside?
My son learns the instruments outside of the school.  My son learns paino and violin.

3) are the class teachers willing to communicate with parents on the kids' progress / adaptation to G1 life?
The class teacher is willing to communicate with parents, but he is OK. As he is a P1. student, not like kinder, he is a big boy.  

Hope that this information can help you.

Jack0128

原帖由 chan_wingyee 於 09-11-11 10:45 發表
Hi Jack0128,

Knowing that your kid is in G1, and happy at school, would like to know more and if you can share:
2) your kid le ...

[ 本帖最後由 Jack0128 於 09-11-11 13:53 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題