樓主: foreverbb
go

應否選擇國際學校?(唔該俾D意見) [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 09-7-6 20:40 |只看該作者
大家咁話

原帖由 leeleelee 於 09-7-6 14:48 發表
針無兩頭利,又要中文好又要英文好!我想最重要選擇那類型的學校要按每個家庭的需要。
我放自己的兒子在IS因想給他一個快樂及自學的環境,我們及小兒都試過local school 的日子,我們一家也願慳錢給他繼續供他讀我應為最自由 ...

122#
發表於 09-7-6 22:40 |只看該作者
If you plan to have your kid to study in the USA for University, I would recommend HKIS.

123#
發表於 09-7-7 09:04 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

124#
發表於 09-7-7 11:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 Reximom 於 09-7-6 12:12 發表

唔好咁口響, 上到中學你就知. 好多IS家長初初都好似你諗得咁美滿, 但D細路大左就唔再聽你點, 學中文咁難, 真係啋你都傻.

加埋第時出國讀U, D中文就會比番哂D老師同家長!

I have read it so many times that (local school) students nowadays are in fact poor at both Chinese and English. And students do not seem to like reading, not even Chinese books, at all.

Want to share what you having been doing to help your child keep up with his/her Chinese AND English ability, so that he/she is will not be considered "poor in both"?

I have also read that lecturers in local universities have expressed their views that they do prefer teaching international schools students.

Want to share how to help change their minds?

Thanks.

125#
發表於 09-7-7 18:09 |只看該作者
If you are comparing public education vs private education, it is a worldwide phenomenon.

US public school students are poorer in literacy and numeracy than their private school counterparts.  So are UK's state school students to UK public school students.  In addition, top unis are inclined to take in students of private education.  For example, while private education in UK accounts for less than 15%, 2/5 of Oxbridge students are privately educated.  

HK's unis and students are not alone.

原帖由 nintendo 於 09-7-7 11:44 發表

I have read it so many times that (local school) students nowadays are in fact poor at both Chinese and English. And students do not seem to like reading, not even Chinese books, at all.

Want to  ...

126#
發表於 09-7-8 11:19 |只看該作者

127#
發表於 09-7-8 12:51 |只看該作者
Your argument is totally illogical.
You were merely trying to find ways out to explain why the chinese and english standard of even HKU and CU students are poor.
But in any case, it is a totally new way of explaning things, according to your needs.
Good for you for being so happy with the present local school system.

[ 本帖最後由 nintendo 於 09-7-8 13:03 編輯 ]

128#
發表於 09-7-8 13:27 |只看該作者
doubled -----

[ 本帖最後由 Cara2006 於 09-7-8 13:29 編輯 ]

129#
發表於 09-7-8 13:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 Reximom 於 09-7-8 11:19 發表

噢, 你既話題要講可以好長篇個喎! 簡單d答你啦!

“I have read it so many times that (local school) students nowadays are in fact poor at both Chinese and English. And students do not seem to like read ...

Good for you! Well done, well said. International schools are rubbish anyway. Why would they have to pay that much for the same education? In the end everyone's target is university. If they can survive schools, would they still pay 10k+ per month for school fees only? Not to mention debentures, overseas trips, etc. With all the money used, many local students can be very good too. Still talking about local universities? They may have forgetton that HKU rank very high compare to other universities. No matter what they try to argue (poor English, poor Chinese), HKU is still better than a lot others. And even the English and Chinese is not that good, but so what? It is what the destination that counts. Who would want to hire a Chinese that knows so little Chinese language? It is so ridiculus. Chinese is probably the ethnic group where there are people that does not know Chinese language. Even Indians and Japanese living in Hong Kong know their own language. Do not forget that it is harder for them to keep their own language. International school people are only good at mocking other people's English. They have nothing left to laugh at others. They are always so happy when they hear other people's English is poor. It is THEM that are poor.

130#
發表於 09-7-8 13:30 |只看該作者
原帖由 nintendo 於 09-7-8 12:51 發表
Your argument is totally illogical.
You were merely trying to find ways out to explain why the chinese and english standard of even HKU and CU students are poor.
But in any case, it is a totally new w ...

Then what is your argument?
ESF is the best, right?

131#
發表於 09-7-8 13:42 |只看該作者

132#
發表於 09-7-8 14:05 |只看該作者

133#
發表於 09-7-8 14:06 |只看該作者

134#
發表於 09-7-8 14:06 |只看該作者

135#
發表於 09-7-8 14:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 Reximom 於 09-7-8 11:19 發表

唔該你地班IS家長, 要比較都apple to apple啦! 或者你地搵搵亞余大狀d囡囡同你地d仔女比比啦!

Reximom唔好一竹篙打一船人。
作為IS家長,當然唔滿意Local System,唔係使乜比咁多錢交學費?
妳小朋友或者天資聰穎,Local System對妳黎講平靚正,相對我d小朋友資質差,做父母唯有試下IS,起碼英文會學好d,思維會廣d(i guess)。
所謂人各有志,各取所需。踩住人地個頭上係咪會感覺良好,零舍興奮?
人比人,比死人。再比落去妳咪一樣一般見識?
見妳咁多批評,不如精簡d發表下高見?
再唔係,開條新thread擺播台,等各路英雄/英雌入去挑戰?

136#
發表於 09-12-10 18:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 hysterical 於 09-7-5 17:36 發表
I don't mean to be rude here, but it seems that you really have very little understanding of IS.

CIS is one of the best IS in Hong Kong, and its curriculum is very well-known for its bilingual teach ...

I agreed with whay hysterical said!  It's not which school you choose, it's which school choose you for those top IS schools!  It's no use to worry about which top ones suitable for your kids, u should worry whether get accepted or not!
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]

137#
發表於 10-1-6 23:04 |只看該作者
My kid is in IS, and I think I have made the correct decision.   My child loves to learn, read and play.  Under the IS system, she has enough time to read many books and do activities that she enjoys.  She doesn't need to spend hours and hours on meaningless homework and prepare for exams, tests and dictations.  She learns spellings and gains lots of knowlege by reading a lot of books in her sparetime.  In school, she has a lot of play time, so she learns how to communicate and socialize with others.  I studied in one of those "famous" local school, and I spent most of my time studying school's textbooks so I can get a high mark in order to survive there.  I didn't have much time to read other books, or develop lots of hobbies.  I wouldn't waste time to think of other possible solutions to a question/problem if that was not like a model answer.  I didn't develop lots of friendships because all my classmates were competing/comparing against each other.  

原帖由 thankful 於 09-7-8 14:05 發表
***Why would they have to pay that much for the same education? In the end everyone's target is university. If they can survive schools, would they still pay 10k+ per month for school fees only? Not t ...

138#
發表於 10-1-7 11:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 smartypants 於 10-1-6 23:04 發表
My kid is in IS, and I think I have made the correct decision.   My child loves to learn, read and play.  Under the IS system, she has enough time to read many books and do activities that she enjoys. ...

Well said.
How to motivate a child to learn on his own is the ultimate goal in education.  That is the essence of education.

139#
發表於 10-1-12 12:43 |只看該作者

回覆 1# Onsen 的文章

I am totally agree your decision, it was because my girl also study in IS. She's five year old but she can read the book by herself. Now I can bought some grade four story book to her. She's very enjoy her reading time in every night before she's sleep.

140#
發表於 10-1-13 13:19 |只看該作者
其他香港有無學校有international school o既學習環境但又多機會比小朋友學好中文同接觸中國文化呢?
我個仔而家先一歲多d, 不過因為而家開始幫佢搵pre-nusery, 自自然然research 埋幼稚園, 小學同中學o既info.
因為我老公係美國人, 所以英文呢part, 我o地唔太擔心, 反而我o地想佢學好d 中文同接觸多d中國文化. 我老公prefer local school, 因為佢唔想個小朋友唔多機會學中文. 但我又擔心讀local shool 會大壓力.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題