發表於 08-10-16 11:55 |只看該作者
hi, aniwong,

you are wonderful, 好文釆, 正呀, 舉腳讚成, 大快人心

142#
發表於 08-10-16 12:08 |只看該作者
都唔係糾纏,就係因為大家太緊張所以上黎吹下水放鬆下,大家講下笑下

原帖由 aniwong 於 08-10-15 23:41 發表
向各位父母致敬!
不要再糾纏在此組織, wasting time, 留噃D時間和精神係第二間身上. 我嗰座樓有五六個DGJS學生,呀媽同d囡都好囂張. 有一個識距地又識我嘅太太朋友講, 距地(教授&醫生派)話幫呢位太太囡囡用人事入DGJS ...

143#
發表於 08-10-16 15:34 |只看該作者
Stongly agree!  Thirdly, they will see which kindergarten you are coming from as the standard of selected kindergarten is higher than average.

原帖由 kyliema2006 於 08-10-14 14:31 發表
我都相信他們的優先權一定落入以下人仕:

-家庭背景,我認識一位當大學教授的女孩,可成功考入
-孩子的特別成就,記住是成就,如全港公開賽冠軍之類

真人真事一樁。曾有一名泳界好手成功插入女拔,但後來身體不適,醫生說不宜游 ...

144#
發表於 08-10-16 16:08 |只看該作者
因為dgs 中間漏咗個 'o'字. 爛gag一個. 香港人, 輕鬆D啦.

原帖由 Reximom 於 08-10-16 09:29 發表

咁點解其他d同級名校(SPCC, DBS…)用咁多時間in 人既, 佢地d校長唔識smell 好學生,淨係dgs個位識?

145#
發表於 08-10-16 17:28 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

146#
發表於 08-10-16 18:22 |只看該作者
Because the Principle Dai will return the report to you kids after the interview, then she would observe the manner of the kids (e.g. receive the report by 2 hands, say thank you....etc.)

原帖由 forster 於 08-10-16 17:28 發表
其實我有D奇怪??點解你比成績表校長,因為見校長之前已經有人檢查完正本先再去見校長

147#
發表於 08-10-16 20:33 |只看該作者
咁點解其他d同級名校(SPCC, DBS…)用咁多時間in 人既, 佢地d校長唔識smell 好學生,淨係dgs個位識?

It is not hard to get back to your questions. I should have known totally 4 girls who have been admitted by DGJS. Two of them got accepted by  SPCC as well. When they attended the second interview of SPCC, one of the questions that asked by the principal was "As you know, your girl has a very high chance that being chosen by DGJS as we chose you, how would you choose?" Do you get the meaning of the principal's say? That is when SPCC thinks fit, so does DGJS!
So if SPCC needs an hour to assess a child, but DGJS needs one-tenth of the time. And both school come out the same result, how could you tell DGJS's is not fair enough?
Also have you ever heard of that a girl was  being admitted by DGJS only without any others good school's offer? It's really rare.
So what does that mean to you?
The other two girls that I knew also got lots of offer from the other elite schools in town.

Each school has their own criteria and use their own way to choose their cup of tea. It all matters what they want. May be DGJS need girl to fit in its only one criteria but other school need girl to fit in three or more criteria, then the interview ways would be different.

[ 本帖最後由 lui 於 08-10-16 20:35 編輯 ]

148#
發表於 08-10-16 21:01 |只看該作者
家長可以傾既唔係Mrs Dai點interview,而係值唔值得去in!

Mrs Dai=周星星=自編自導自演
Mrs Dai出品,有noise但叫座不叫好;
喜歡入場睇下,唔鍾意咪唔幫襯囉!

149#
發表於 08-10-16 21:30 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

150#
發表於 08-10-16 21:56 |只看該作者
It is too mean to highlight what I have said.

I am sorry that I could only be able to quote few cases that known to me.

But what I have told is that even the principal of SPCC do think that the interviewees chosen by them for 2nd interview would have got a high chance being admitted by DGJS. Actually this  also happen in adult's interview especially for those graduates from elite university. You will be asked what offer's you have had by now and how would you choose that? May be I am talking a bit off the topics....

I understood parents will be more comfortable with  when a thorough assessement of the child's ability is performed.  I had been playing this game once but I did not think it is not fair compare with other top schools. I think if it is not fair, so does SPCC, as much seats were already reserved for related parties among those top schools.

151#
發表於 08-10-16 22:05 |只看該作者

DGS

I still believed that DGS also reserved some or more places for her cup of tea or targeted girls. However, that was not known for the parents. It also went to again on the issue of interviewing procedures. Some schools adopted a more open door policy while other used a closed door policy.
thanks

原帖由 lui 於 08-10-16 21:56 發表
It is too mean to highlight what I have said.

I am sorry that I could only be able to quote few cases that known to me.

But what I have told is that even the principal of SPCC do think that the int ...

152#
發表於 08-10-16 22:05 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

153#
發表於 08-10-16 22:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 tsanfamily 於 08-10-16 11:55 發表
hi, aniwong,

you are wonderful, 好文釆, 正呀, 舉腳讚成, 大快人心

好文釆?  which bit?

154#
發表於 08-10-16 22:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 tiggger 於 08-10-16 21:30 發表

"That is when SPCC thinks fit, so does DGJS!
So if SPCC needs an hour to assess a child, but DGJS needs one-tenth of the time. And both school come out the same result, how could you tell DGJS's is n ...

It's very dangerous to generalize individual experiences and make them applicable in a very broad context. " -

but is this not everyone on this thread is doing?  generalising from their experience (or what their friends had told them)?

155#
發表於 08-10-16 22:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 zachnana 於 08-10-16 16:08 發表
因為dgs 中間漏咗個 'o'字. 爛gag一個. 香港人, 輕鬆D啦.

is it necessary to resort to this sort of thing?

of course everyone has free speech, but this saya a lot about the sort of person writing it.

156#
發表於 08-10-16 22:12 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

157#
發表於 08-10-16 22:19 |只看該作者
Take the example of a school which goes through a one-hour interview process with students grouped in different groups:-  by definition the different groups are met by different teachers, some perhaps by the principal and some perhaps not.  

Would some people say that this is unfair because the "marking standard" may be different between different interviewers and that these things can be subjective, varying from person to person?

or would it lead to speculations that those met  or seen by more senior people (or even the principal) are "privileged" or have a higher chance?  

Take another example: let us say that a school screens the applicants and shortlists 10% for interview, would it not lead to criticisms that this is a "black box", and that everyone's kids deserve a chance to be met by the headmistress?

The truth is:- no system is perfect. every system can - if one wants to appear fair minded - be criticised in some way.  

then why is this particular interview method singled out for such scathing and emotive attack?

and it is not as if people do not know this is the way the interviews are conducted.

what's the agenda here?

158#
發表於 08-10-17 01:41 |只看該作者
I don't see what's the problem with DGJS' interview.

QUALITY not quantity. Just because the interview goes on for 1.5 hours, or so... doesn't mean they make better judgements.

I think Mrs. Dai knows what kind of girls she likes for the school. Afterall, she's been pretty good in the past years since she's become the principal. The results, and grades of the students of DGJS haven't dropped.

In fact, that is what the application form, report card, portfolio is for. The PRE-SCREEN the applicants. The interview is to "confirm" what she thinks, and might consider. That's why it's essential that we present the best in the 15 minutes that we get/our daughter gets.

We had the interview already, I did get the sense, the way parents dress, and the girl dressed and manners, and etiquette definitely mattered.

We were grouped with a bunch of others, many many came unprepared in my opinion.... wearing jeans, carrying big knapsacks, ringing mobiles, wearing slipper like sandals, the girls some had messy hair, didn't smile, with our pair.... the other pair of parents didn't even bother getting up to greet and say hi to Mrs. Dai.

If DGJS is your target school like me, you wouldn't care HOW they pick their students, you just do your best and go with the flow. I don't care how they do it, I just hope my daughter gets picked.... it's not like my daughter was singled out by Mrs. Dai with some special test or something? while others had something else... if EVERYONE gets the same treatment during this process... don't see how anyone says it's UNFAIR.

原帖由 philosopher 於 08-10-16 22:19 發表
Take the example of a school which goes through a one-hour interview process with students grouped in different groups:-  by definition the different groups are met by different teachers, some perhaps ...

159#
發表於 08-10-17 01:51 |只看該作者
Very true, agreed with your view.

I begin to realize DGJS is a lovely school, the keen debates in this thread suggest that everyone here in fact is expecting a place rather than boycotting the interview.

I am reading a book now:
Vanity, vanity,.. there is nothing new under the sun. What has happened before will happen again,...
God is telling me the speculation has been happening each year before the interview and will continue forever.

Step back, I will accept the result no matter what it will be. The world is still beautiful in my eyes.

So go ahead for the interview, if succeed, then be happy, if not, forget it.
何需陰謀論?

原帖由 philosopher 於 08-10-16 22:19 發表
Take the example of a school which goes through a one-hour interview process with students grouped in different groups:-  by definition the different groups are met by different teachers, some perhaps ...

160#
發表於 08-10-17 01:58 |只看該作者
Don't worry, I guess after all the c9 have given their views here, they will go back to the interview and await the results. Live goes on as usual.

原帖由 Pianokc 於 08-10-17 01:41 發表
I don't see what's the problem with DGJS' interview.

QUALITY not quantity. Just because the interview goes on for 1.5 hours, or so... doesn't mean they make better judgements.

I think Mrs. Dai knows ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題