用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 想比亞仔讀國際學校,,但係自己英文水平唔係咁好,,好煩惱 ...
樓主: yan513
go

想比亞仔讀國際學校,,但係自己英文水平唔係咁好,,好煩惱! [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-9-2 14:58 |只看該作者

Re: 想比亞仔讀國際學校,,但係自己英文水平唔係咁好,,好煩惱!

Would like to ask the full name of "HKIS", thanks.

22#
發表於 04-9-2 22:26 |只看該作者

Hong Kong International School

23#
發表於 04-9-2 22:35 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

24#
發表於 04-9-14 17:33 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

25#
發表於 04-9-15 01:54 |只看該作者

26#
發表於 04-9-16 01:27 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

27#
發表於 04-9-17 09:02 |只看該作者

I 100% agree with Kareese.  I don't want to push my kids to attend causes for the purpose of building up a profile. I don't want my kid to compete with other kids by looking at how many ceritificates they have.  I want my kid to enjoy learning and build up life long learning attidute... Actually what I see is that international schools still have a lot of good students,  my kid's teacher is one of the example.

Western and Chinese culture both have good elements, I do believe that if we pay stronge attention to the kids, we have the benefit of having both of them and get a good balance.

28#
發表於 04-9-17 16:34 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

29#
發表於 04-9-17 18:18 |只看該作者

Dear stccmc,

I respect different people have different view.  That is okay.

For me, Chinese kids are not necessary good, and Western kids are not necessary bad.  Maybe in my job I have chance to work with quite a lot of western people and I found that they are not bad at all.  They are just very simple.

Anyway, any decision have its good side and bad side, we cannot just too worry.

Besides, think about a parent who do not know to read and write Chinese. Do they need to worry to send their kids to school just because they cannot read their text book and write a letter?  We just cannot put our own limitation on the kids.

Anyway just some opinion.  Thanks.

30#
發表於 04-9-17 19:07 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

31#
發表於 04-9-17 20:10 |只看該作者

我又要插咀

我會覺得 , 如果將「國際學校學生」等同「"鬼妹仔性格/行為 "」, 未免有失偏頗. 這個誤解 , 可能源自八卦雜誌娛樂版上一少撮進軍娛樂圈 , 整天自稱「鬼妹仔性格」的人.

其實國際學校一樣有很多很多很純品的學生 , 只不過他們不去浦 bar , 沒有狗仔隊影相罷了.

當然 , 國際學校也有人咬草、 pak 丸、亂搞男女關係 , 不過並不會比一些傳統學校多 . 如果以為讀國際學校才會被人攪大個肚 , 就真是不美麗的誤會 . 以 HKIS 來說 , 我覺得她甚至比很多傳統學校更嚴 , 如抽驗藥物、學生一有小錯就即刻同家長溝通等 .

每間學校也有壞人 , 社會上更多 , 根本避無可避 . 唯一可以保護子女避免學壞的方法 , 就是「家教」. 父母自己以身作則 , 子女自小耳濡目染  ,才有持久效 力. 要等到學校來教 , 可能遲了點 .

32#
發表於 04-9-17 23:21 |只看該作者

Cayenne & SYMAMI3

i agree your viewpoints

醒目開學勳章

33#
發表於 04-9-18 00:39 |只看該作者

34#
發表於 04-9-18 01:01 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

35#
發表於 04-9-18 01:04 |只看該作者

我估 stccmc 的意思不是說國際學校的學生就一定品格壞,只是擔心子女長大後的溝通問題。
這一點我相信是有點憂慮的,子女讀小學時問題一定不大,但讀中學時難道每次家長會也找一個翻譯嗎?每張通告也要找人代看嗎?
如果自己英文不好,、開家長會時一定一頭霧水,又不敢發問,到後來便愈知愈少!
子女和朋友都是說英語,他們說什麽?自己完全插不入嘴,只好陪著笑。
我覺得若有子女讀國際學校,自己也最好去進修下英文lor!
[img align=left]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/virgokaren/virgokaren_02.gif[/img]

36#
發表於 04-9-18 01:18 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽

37#
發表於 04-9-18 08:37 |只看該作者

Dear stccmc,

I think you had brought out several discussing points here.  However if the topic is about parent's English capability.  If it is me, I won't let my own limitation to restrict my kid's opportunity to receive good education.  As I said, even if parent who cannot read and write will still send their kids to school.  

Understand that there are difficulties for parent who do not know English to support their kids in school, but it shouldn't be show stopper to stop ones from reducing the best education if they think it is.  It is just a matter if you want to overcome it or not.

I just think that we have to think positively.  

38#
發表於 04-9-18 08:52 |只看該作者

Hi all

Totally agree that whether a parent is good in english or not, it will not deter the kid from learning the language if he/she has genuine interest.  Just look at cases of chinese students going to local schools in Hong Kong whereby they overcome the difficulty of not knowing ABC at all to topping the class in English.  There are many opportunities to learn a language and going to an international school is but an option.

However, I see stmcc's perspective that if people just equate learning english to going to international schools, they might not be prepared by the cultural clashes between themselves and the kids eventually which will be very apparent as the kids grow up and have their own decisions.

Both parties have valid grounds but the arguments don't really converge anymore in terms of the discussion topic as posed here.

39#
發表於 04-9-18 13:41 |只看該作者

大家討論交流 , 心平氣和便 好了.
拙文其實只是一個一般性的討論 . 甚麼「負面說話」、「被屈」, 恐怕是有點對號入座了 .

希望遲些待你心平氣和的時候 , 可以想想 :

1 . 自己真的瞭解國際學校的學生嗎 ? Do you personally know any number of  them  ?
2 . 自己會不會將「中」、「西」文化放在對立面 ?  

試想想 : 香港是國際大都會 , 幾十年來華洋雜處 ,一般香港父母真的會對所謂「西方文化」看得那麼陌生、當成是洪水猛獸嗎 ?

其實文化不分中西 , 只有好與壞 :

很多香港人在戲院音樂廳高談闊論講無線電話 , 在地鐵見到孕婦老人家就即刻詐瞌睡 , 隨地吐痰拋垃圾、閒談兩句要都吊高嗓子像嗌交 . . . .  . 這些究竟是「中國文化」抑或是「西方文化」 ???  其實兩樣都不是 .

一批 HKIS 學生 展開中國偏遠地方的扶貧助學行動 , 找到「家燕」姐賣廣告的月餅商捐贈月餅 , 在校內義賣 , 籌錢捐助祖國失學兒童 . 這不是很有中國文化色彩的活動嗎 ?

昨日 HKIS 舉行了一個悼念活動 , 紀念在俄羅斯學校被恐怖份子殺害的幾百個師生家長 , 還請來自俄羅斯的同學致辭 . 這活動並不和甚麼「中西文化」有關 , 只是基於同情、仁愛和對生命的珍惜和尊重 . 起碼 , 在這種環境長大的孩子 , 不會把「俄羅斯學校恐怖襲擊死了幾多人 ?」拿來做電視有獎問答遊戲的題目吧 .

幾間本地大學的 O' Camp ( 迎新營 ) , 不約而同都出現一些男生帶乳罩 騷首弄姿, 撫摸、模擬口交等淫褻鏡頭 ( 報紙網絡亦有轉載 ). 這班已經算是本地精英 , 母校也多是本地傳統名校的了 . . . .................................

其實 , 甚麼學校都不緊要 , 最緊要 是學生本身 . 學生本身又源自朝夕相對的家長 .

話題扯得太遠了 . 回到標題本身 :
我真的見過本身不能用英語交談的家長 , 子女順利在國際學校就讀 , 亦不見得有「文化衝突」 . 反而更激勵起母親去進修英語會話 , 不是很好嗎 ?

40#
發表於 04-9-18 22:28 |只看該作者

簽名被屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題