發新帖
查看: 3551|回覆: 15
go

Kowloon Junior School Rose Street P.1 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-7-26 13:22 |只看該作者

Kowloon Junior School Rose Street P.1

Dear all,

My daughter will go to Kowloon Junior School Rose Street P.1 in the coming September. Due to an important engagement, I only sent our maid to attend the introduction seminar in May. The maid has just brought back the information package to me and know very little about the seminar.

The school is now in Summer holiday. I have a lot of questions. Can anyone enlighten me.

1.        The package stated that we can buy the uniform in the School PTA office. When will the PTA office open ? Does the first school day require to wear the uniform ? Where to buy the brown shoes ?

2.        Is the first school day full day ?

3.        What should I prepare for the lunch and snack ? I understand that my daughter can only handle the sandwich alone. It’s too hard for her to eat rice or noodle without any help. It will be too boring to eat sandwich everyday. Any suggestion , please.

Grateful for your valuable advice.

FS
該用戶已被刪除

2#
發表於 04-7-28 00:06 |只看該作者

Re: Kowloon Junior School Rose Street P.1

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 04-7-28 13:19 |只看該作者

Dear Esmond'smom,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

FS

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 04-7-29 00:19 |只看該作者

5#
發表於 04-7-29 07:04 |只看該作者

Dear all,

It full day on first school day, all new students need to assemble at the hall first, then the teacher will lead them to their classroom, parent can leave when their kid is ok. Don't forget to bring some drinks for your kid.   

6#
發表於 04-7-29 17:16 |只看該作者

Dear all,

My son will be in P2 coming Sep.  

I recall the kids were asked how they went home at the hall on their first school day.  Please let your kid know if they are taking school bus home(better with the bus no.) or they will be picked up by parent/helpers.  

If the kid cannot answer, the parent/guardian would need to answer.

7#
發表於 04-7-30 01:17 |只看該作者

FS,

My son graduated from Kowloon Junior 8 years ago ( P.1 at Rose Street, P.2 to P.6 at Perth Street. He is now in KGV ). According to my experience, 'snack' can be something light and nutritious. A banana, an apple, a pear ( fruit that do not need peeling ) a small pack of fruit bar or biscuits is good enough. There are vending machines at school where they can get some 'box juice' ( not so healthy though ), also there are some water fountains where children can get some water. All they need is a water bottle.

About lunch, besides sandwiches, you may consider a slice of pizza, a piece of cup cake, pancakes, chicken wings, chicken leg, boiled eggs, sausages or ham, salad ( with light white vinegar, not salad seasoning ), etc. Actually, you don't have to worry too much. Children learn very fast. You'd be surprised how fast they can handle rice/udon ( fried would be more tasty and convenient ), spaghetti and ( fried ) noodles! You may consider getting your son a bip ( if he is willing to wear one. My son refused to wear it in the second month...) if you worry about tidiness.
KEANE :wave:

8#
發表於 04-7-31 12:27 |只看該作者

Dear  Keane,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

By the way, will you prepare your son to further study aboard or in Hong Kong ? I should be most grateful if you could enlighten me that which Universities will the graduates of KGV usually contunue their studies ?

FS

醒目開學勳章

9#
發表於 04-7-31 22:52 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 04-8-1 11:02 |只看該作者

Thanks keane.

妳是一個好有經驗的家長, 雖然我個女不是讀KJS, 她會去QBS, 不過妳可唔可以同大家分享下妳的心得, 我地呢d新Y1 parents, 應該要注意什麼? thanks!   

11#
發表於 04-8-2 01:19 |只看該作者

Kareese,

Sure food that is cooked in the morning would be better.

According to my experience, children like playing more than eating. As time went by, my son always did not finish everything we prepared for him. He'd rather spend time on playing!

I remember he always kicked balls ( in fact everything ) and kneeled on the floor to play. I had to get him a few pairs of shoes and pants every school year! And he always forget his belongings at school :  his blazer, tie, P.E. kit , etc.

However, i think boys are different from girls. In fact every child has his/her own personality. That's my son case only. Maybe your child is less 'active'.

12#
發表於 04-8-2 01:45 |只看該作者

IngridMama,

QBS is a famous school in ESF ( so as Island School ). I am sure the teachers there are experienced in pastoral care.

Honestly I don't remember much detail about my son's first year in KJS. As I wrote in another message, my son always forgot his things at school ( and left school things like library books at home! ), I labelled all his belongings, especially clothes. All unlabelled lost items are put in a 'lost property box' at school. So if your child really loses something, at least you know where it may go.

Don't forget to ask your child to bring back the P.E. kit after a lesson, or else they will have to wear the smelly clothes again for another week ( P.E. kit is advised to be brought to school every Monday ).

There will be some circulars given to students now and then ( more at the beginning of the term ). Be sure to ask or check the school bag everyday. If a payment had to be made, I liked to put the cheque ( unless specified, I never gave cash, no matter the amount ) in an envelope and marked the details of the payment on it and put it somewhere my son must see once he got to school.  

It's better to get to know a few other parents of the children in the same class. You will soon know your child's best friends and it will be easier to 'monitor' his/her behaviour at school. If matters come up, you can also discuss with the other parents too.

My son is going to Year 9 in September and I may send him aboard when he completes Year 9. As far as I know, graduated students in ESF schools go to universities everywhere in the world. After your child gets into an ESF school, you will receive newsletters which tell you how students perform every year in GCSE exams.

Mind you. ESF is proposing an IB Diploma programme ( to replace GCSE gradually) in secondary schools. The plan is already implemented in Shatin College. ( South Island School in 2007, and all other ESF schools no later than 2010 ). You can check more about this IB Diploma on the Internet if you want. ( It is likely that my son will not be affected ).

That's all I can remember right now. Will post again if I remember more.

醒目開學勳章

13#
發表於 04-9-9 13:50 |只看該作者

14#
發表於 04-9-9 13:58 |只看該作者

I didn't bring him along.  So we have met la!
:-D :-D :-D :-D

醒目開學勳章

15#
發表於 04-10-4 14:02 |只看該作者

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 04-10-4 14:09 |只看該作者

‹ 上一主題|下一主題