搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SIS / ISF
查看: 10748|回覆: 78
go

SIS / ISF [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-6-15 18:18 |只看該作者

SIS / ISF

difficult decision, which one should we choose?

can parents share some comment?
:-?

2#
發表於 07-6-15 23:33 |只看該作者

Re: SIS / ISF

Hiya,

My boy will go to ISF in the coming Aug.  We chose ISF because of its billingual education.  What's your concern at present?

Let's share.

Cheers,
:-D :-D :-D :-D

3#
發表於 07-6-15 23:48 |只看該作者

del - duplicate

4#
發表於 07-6-18 12:44 |只看該作者

If I were you, I would choose SIS because of her longer history and she's an "international school" with more traditional approach and a solid curriculum.

However, I have to admit that I don't know much about ISF.

ISF is an IB school but SIS is not. This shall be another point to consider.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I also want to learn more about these 2 schools.......

5#
發表於 07-6-18 13:00 |只看該作者

the child of my hubby's friend studies in SIS.  According to that friend, SIS teaches Singaporean simplified Chinese characters (which are not equivalent to the system adopted in Mainland China).  This is one of my main concerns.

for ISF, i heard from a friend that it has very few students per grade.  I am not sure about this and if the situation will continue when the school moves to Cyperport.    Can 502 share with us more about ISF.  Thanks.

6#
發表於 07-6-18 13:33 |只看該作者

Chez, you got your information wrong. Everywhere including mainland China uses simplified Chinese characters, the only places that uses traditional Chinese characters are Hong Kong and Taiwan.

7#
發表於 07-6-18 13:57 |只看該作者

ohh.. this is what i heard from my hubby's friend.  Apology if the information is not correct.

8#
發表於 07-6-18 14:37 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

9#
發表於 07-6-19 17:39 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 07-6-19 17:48 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 07-6-19 23:09 |只看該作者

Dear parents,

My boy is applying for ISF but I heard that this year the School is more stringent in selecting students.  Can you share if there is any tips when attending the interviews?  Do the kids have to be a native speaker in Eng or PTG?

12#
發表於 07-6-20 00:05 |只看該作者

how to compare isf and cis?

13#
發表於 07-6-20 08:55 |只看該作者

14#
發表於 07-6-20 09:23 |只看該作者

Dear coreymami,

Nice to meet a ISF parent here!  As my boy will go to ISF this summer, can you share with me more about the school?  

Best regards,

coreymami 寫道:
chez,

我大仔今年係弘立書院, 讀左一年G1, 今年G1一共有4班, 每班都有13-14人, MAX. 可收15人.

而出年轉左去CYPERPORT, 仲多左人入黎讀, 之前係新學校, 加上學校又舊又細, 好多人都採觀望態度.

黎緊8月, G1一共開6班, 我唔知係咪班班都FULL, 但我知道最但限度有10人, 佢先會開新班, G2已經加至5班, 其他班級我唸都會以陪增. 因為我有4-5個朋友, 都已經係今年1月轉左過黎, 黎緊8月都有2個朋友, 佢地D仔都會轉埋過黎.

所以到時新學校一定好熱鬧.

15#
發表於 07-6-20 10:12 |只看該作者

chez:

我聽説弘立書院每年換一個新校長,是真的嗎?

[quote]
coreymami 寫道:
chez,

我大仔今年係弘立書院, 讀左一年G1, 今年G1一共有4班, 每班都有13-14人, MAX. 可收15人.

而出年轉左去CYPERPORT, 仲多左人入黎讀, 之前係新學校, 加上學校又舊又細, 好多人都採觀望態度.

16#
發表於 07-6-20 12:07 |只看該作者

Dear coreymami,

I am quite confused about the debenture system there.  It seems there are 3 types and non- refundable.

Is it true?  What is the difference between them?  May I know finally which one did you choose?

Thanks.

17#
發表於 07-6-20 12:29 |只看該作者

考試測驗=壓力?!

應該反過來看,沒有考試測驗,如何知道學生明白老師所教的有多少;老師又怎樣知道自己的教學方法是否適合小朋友,沒有白白虛度小朋友的光陰;家長又如何知道自己小朋友的能力,從旁幫助他,在他的能力範圍內發揮得最好;學校又如何評估老師; 沒有準則?如何進步? 當然靠估沒有痛苦…只是有人選擇先甜後苦,有人選擇先苦後甜…而且考試的壓力是來自家長,如果讀IS,不需要呈分,也沒有升中試,家長要要給壓力自己個小朋友,家長要好好反省!!!有時覺得好無耐, 因很多小朋友都怕考試考得唔好會被家長閙!!!如果家長自己可以克制,當看見小朋友的成績不如理想…..不會黑面…相信小朋友對考試都會正面很多…沒有考試, 最沒有壓力是老師, 因不用出試卷,不用趕課程,不用和小朋友溫書,不用改卷,不用將自己教那班和隔離班比較,多快樂! 身為消費者, 並不想什麼也沒有!

考試=分數=沒有正確的分析能力,CREATIVE THINKING是家長想的...歐美國家的小朋友都要考試,莫非個個小朋友的分析能力,CREATIVE THINKING都不及沒有考試的香港IS?學生???

18#
發表於 07-6-20 12:45 |只看該作者

Well, christf (or you may like to call him leehoma or daydream in BK) will object to any school that is not ESF

christf 寫道:
At this moment, ISF is still not in the class to compare with CIS.

03baby 寫道:
how to compare isf and cis?
[/quote]

19#
發表於 07-6-20 13:12 |只看該作者

I disagree with yyyy.  There are many ways a teacher can assess the achievements of the students without examinations.

I was brought up in Canada, and my first "exam" was in Grade 7.  My son in in HKIS Grade 4, and he has never had exams (except Chinese unit tests).  This doesn't mean that the teacher does not know what each kid needs and is capable of.  They do lots of projects, group work, discussions and presentation work in class.  A well qualified teacher can easily identify where a child is relative to the requirements for the year.  The important thing is to have determined the measurement rubric and evaluation method for each subject area.  This is actually where the teacher's value comes in, not in the preparation and marking of tests.  So far, all my son's teachers were able to tell me at each parent-teacher conference exactly where my son is excelling and where he needs improvements academically, psychologically, and socially.

Furthermore, I don't agree that exams provide a good measurement for each child's capability.  Let's be honest and ask ourselves how many times we study just for the exams, and forget everything the very next day.  

In terms of creativity, I cannot say that IS kids are better, but the way lessons are taught at school, and with the extra amount of free time they have, I can definitely say that they get more practice at being creative.

I do some part time teaching, and have mixed classes of local school and international school kids.  I can very clearly see the differences when asked to answer questions, especially when the question requires them to think.

20#
發表於 07-6-20 14:35 |只看該作者

‹ 上一主題|下一主題