用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Why do you like foreign teachers?
查看: 2943|回覆: 25
go

Why do you like foreign teachers? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-3-28 12:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-3-28 12:38 |只看該作者
你都講得0岩0既...不過大家都想自己仔女可以由細細個就學好英文.所以咪比小朋友讀國際班囉....而且細個學英文會易0的快0的嘛~
[size=x-large]一個幸福的家,就因為Bubu and Loklok~

3#
發表於 08-3-28 16:06 |只看該作者

4#
發表於 08-3-29 01:37 |只看該作者
原文章由 noddybanana 於 08-3-28 12:38 發表
你都講得0岩0既...不過大家都想自己仔女可以由細細個就學好英文.所以咪比小朋友讀國際班囉....而且細個學英文會易0的快0的嘛~

do you really understand what papaof2 want to point out???

5#
發表於 08-3-29 01:41 |只看該作者
原文章由 papaof2 於 08-3-28 16:06 發表
well... frankly, their standard of English isn't as high as many thought...

agree with you

not all chinese speaker (Cantonese) are good in Chinese

6#
發表於 08-3-29 03:33 |只看該作者

7#
發表於 08-3-29 10:35 |只看該作者
I preferred teacher from England and also learn the english genetleman culture. Of course it is also very important to learn chinese culture from mandrain NET teacher from Beijing.
原文章由 awah112 於 08-3-29 03:33 發表
我希望英文老師係net,最好係北美,主要係口音問題。

其他科目,我個人認為母語教學會比較好。

至於中國文化,好睇家長點培養。

[ 本文章最後由 matthewdad 於 08-3-29 10:51 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 08-3-29 17:52 |只看該作者
原文章由 matthewdad 於 08-3-29 10:35 發表
I preferred teacher from England and also learn the english genetleman culture. Of course it is also very important to learn chinese culture from mandrain NET teacher from Beijing.

learn chinese culture from mandrain NET teacher from Beijing ???

9#
發表於 08-3-29 21:25 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 08-3-29 22:11 |只看該作者
I am so with you on this one. I once attended a playgroup with my son at a "renowned" English speaking pre-school which many moms in BB Kingdom think they have a very decent "white" teacher.

First day at class, "what the fxxx" bursted out of our "decent" teacher's mouth...I couldn't believe what I have heard.
原文章由 papaof2 於 08-3-28 12:22 發表
I have studied in England for many years and have met my fair share of foreigners. Why is it that Hong Kong parents want foreign teachers as one of the basic requirement when they look for schools?

F ...

11#
發表於 08-3-31 09:42 |只看該作者
原文章由 papaof2 於 08-3-28 12:22 發表
I have studied in England for many years and have met my fair share of foreigners. Why is it that Hong Kong parents want foreign teachers as one of the basic requirement when they look for schools?

F ...

Have you posted to the wrong section?

Your interpretation of "foreign teachers" (did you mean "western teachers" though?) are not exactly "foreign" in international schools. International schools have children of different ethnic group, so basically anyone can be "foreign" to everyone. So this "foreign teachers" issue is never a concern in international school. A lot of international schools have teachers of all ethnic groups and nationality. International schools do not hire only western teachers but also Indian, Japanese, Chinese, etc teachers. Just that they have to have the specific qualifications to teach. For your information, in my children school, there is a gweilo teacher that teaches Chinese language.

I think you were probably talking about the situation of western teachers teaching in local schools? You might want to re-post your topic to local school section for more discussions.

I do not know how local schools choose western teachers. May be you have seen some really lousy western teachers in some local schools. But with the budget on hand and the backgrounds of almost all international schools, I am quite confident that teachers they choose are all qualified professionals. Unlike local school teachers who mostly do not carry any qualification in "education", teachers in western countries have to have a post degree training in education.

Talking about manners, behaviours etc., this goes slightly beyond the CV of the teachers and it is really hard for the schools to tell whether a teacher is a decent person by looking at his certificates and by talking to him in a couple of interviews. But so far, teachers I have met are all nice decent people. On the other hand, I am not as confident as you are in local teachers. I have read too much unhappy cases here in BK, where teachers (local) mistreat students in many unbelievable ways.

[ 本文章最後由 almom 於 08-3-31 09:44 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 08-3-31 13:27 |只看該作者
Generally foreign teachers are more creative in teaching. Traditional teachers in HK only put in information in children's brain, because they are educated that way as well. Foreign teachers tend to use more flexible way to teach, like games, funny jokes, which are easier for children to remember, not just strictly memorize the knowledge.

13#
發表於 08-3-31 16:26 |只看該作者
原文章由 naby 於 08-3-31 13:27 發表
Generally foreign teachers are more creative in teaching. Traditional teachers in HK only put in information in children's brain, because they are educated that way as well. Foreign teachers tend to u ...

agree! and, foreign teachers are nice + respect to the children + more encouraging in general while the local teachers always shouting to the children and demonstrating authority to children and even parents.

[ 本文章最後由 bbJP 於 08-3-31 16:29 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 08-3-31 16:45 |只看該作者
Not a must that "foreign teachers are nice + respect to the children + more encouraging in general while the local teachers always shouting to the children"

It really depends on the teachers themselves + the management team of the school!

鬼佬不一定好!人也不一定差!

原文章由 bbJP 於 08-3-31 16:26 發表

agree! and, foreign teachers are nice + respect to the children + more encouraging in general while the local teachers always shouting to the children and demonstrating authority to children and even ...
:-D :-D :-D :-D

15#
發表於 08-3-31 18:38 |只看該作者
原文章由 502 於 08-3-31 16:45 發表
Not a must that "foreign teachers are nice + respect to the children + more encouraging in general while the local teachers always shouting to the children"

It really depends on the teachers themselv ...

Of course it's "not a must". It's a general phenomenon and it's also my own experience. Definitely there are good local teachers and foreign teachers,and bad local teachers and foreign teachers as well. However, foreign teachers are more fexible and creative in teaching, more understanding and encouraging,more nice and friendly IN GENERAL. It may due to cultural difference. That's why we always hear that some "problematic" students become co-operative after changing from local schools to IS schools and they feel being respected by teachers there.

The matter is just like asking the hygience level of ppls in mainland China and HK, HK ppl is better generally,right? But some HK ppl is still poor than some ppls in Mainland China on this issue. There is always exception,but it's always true as well.

[ 本文章最後由 bbJP 於 08-3-31 18:42 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 08-5-5 18:27 |只看該作者
原文章由 bbJP 於 08-3-31 18:38 發表

Of course it's "not a must". It's a general phenomenon and it's also my own experience. Definitely there are good local teachers and foreign teachers,and bad local teachers and foreign teachers as w ...

Foreign teacher as in someone that is educated and qualified overseas or a "white guy".  In internatinal schools there lots of asian faces, they are from overseas, raised and educated, are those foreign teachers or you mean "White"

quite confused.  I am for a good teacher not the color.  am I with you guys???

17#
發表於 08-5-5 23:06 |只看該作者

18#
發表於 08-5-6 18:57 |只看該作者

19#
發表於 08-5-6 23:10 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 08-5-7 15:10 |只看該作者