密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 點解讀國際學校的學生仲要補英文?
查看: 3188|回覆: 26
go

點解讀國際學校的學生仲要補英文? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-10-14 23:23 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
在國際學校的英語環境讀書,英文不是會很好嗎?點解仲要出去補習呢?如果小朋友由幼稚園開始已讀國際學校,升上中,小學後不補習能否應付所有課程?

因我正是不想小朋友有太大的讀書壓力才選國際學校,如果到頭來仍是要補習才能"過關",咁同傳統學校有咩分別呢?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-10-15 09:24 |只看該作者
讀國際學校補英文同讀傳統學校補中文的原理是一樣的,補習的家長應該不是怕小朋友不懂說英文而補,實際原因應該是每人都唔同。

不用太擔心,不是每個小朋友都要補習的(傳統和國際都是),而相對國際學校不用補習的機會應較多(因功課少,測驗少,亦不用呈分);如果小朋友可以跟到自己的功課,長遠來計不補習會比較好;

原帖由 hothot 於 08-10-14 23:23 發表
在國際學校的英語環境讀書,英文不是會很好嗎?點解仲要出去補習呢?如果小朋友由幼稚園開始已讀國際學校,升上中,小學後不補習能否應付所有課程?

因我正是不想小朋友有太大的讀書壓力才選國際學校,如果到頭來仍是要補 ...

3#
發表於 08-10-15 16:49 |只看該作者
Just like my case, I expect my kids can have a better public exam result, like 11+, or SAT, I will let her have one extra english writing class. Teach her how to get max point during exam. In IS, normally, the teachers wont push the kids too hard, for different parent have diferent expectation only.

4#
發表於 08-10-16 09:52 |只看該作者
Just like my case, I expect my kids can have a better public exam result, like 11+, or SAT, I will let her have one extra english writing class. Teach her how to get max point during exam. In IS, normally, the teachers wont push the kids too hard, for different parent have diferent expectation only.

Are you referring to Kelly Yang's writing classes?  Any comments?  I heard that she charges a high fees but is still very much favoured by some HKIS's and CIS's parents.

5#
發表於 08-10-16 10:25 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

some of our friends went there, but is really expensive. Seems the course is good , We do private class at home with another friends only .

6#
發表於 08-10-16 13:34 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 08-10-17 11:48 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

we are in HK side, and teacher schedule is very full. As you know, good english or mandarin teacher is very hard to get one...........

8#
發表於 08-10-17 13:30 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

9#
發表於 08-10-28 09:12 |只看該作者
Dear NLai,

Would you mind to me tell the tutor fee ?

Thanks!

10#
發表於 08-10-28 23:52 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Private class $500 per hour, at least 1.5 hour per week, is cheap one. Max. I heard is $2000 per hour...
Many good class outside also charge $550 per hour.
You may undterstand that local english can not meet our expectation. Not because their english is not good, is only the learning style is different.
We did CGP exercise, the test and exercise is not the same as local one...
IS students normally very strong in reading but weak at organising/ planning/ grammar,use to write down what they speak,( like my 8 year old one write =>right not write ) they know many, her teacher always says if she can write out what she read, she reach our target, of course it take time for it.
Therefore, I think my kids need some help. But money side is very

11#
發表於 08-10-29 09:08 |只看該作者
Can I have the telephone no. of the private tutor pls.

TPoon

原帖由 NLai 於 08-10-28 23:52 發表
Private class $500 per hour, at least 1.5 hour per week, is cheap one. Max. I heard is $2000 per hour...
Many good class outside also charge $550 per hour.
You may undterstand that local english ...

12#
發表於 08-10-29 09:22 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

sorry the teacher dont want to take care new student any more.

13#
發表於 08-10-29 09:31 |只看該作者
Dear NLai,

Your tutor fee is almost HK$3,000/mth at least.

Is your tutor female or male?

Which country did she/he come from ? (e.g. Eng,Aus,US or Can.....)

How old is she/he?

Thanks!

14#
發表於 08-10-29 12:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 yyyy 於 08-10-15 09:24 發表
讀國際學校補英文同讀傳統學校補中文的原理是一樣的

本地學校學生補中文,是十分普遍

我敢說比國際學校學生補英文的比例多很多

15#
發表於 08-10-29 14:34 |只看該作者
Yes, indeed.

I sent my girl to attend Chinese tutorial on Sat. I thought all of her classmates came from IS but I was amazed to learn that quite a number of them came from local primary.

I also met my ex-colleague and her girl is attending a famous local primary as well.

I really don't get it. Those who come from local school are using Chinese 2 to 3 times more than my girl but they are also enrolling to the same Chinese class.

16#
發表於 08-10-29 19:15 |只看該作者
local school 學生補中文一D都唔奇,因為學校教的同試卷考的好唔同,學生為了考試成績好,一定要補習(唔補習都要做練習),而IS的學生,英文程度應該有番咁上下,而且大部分的IS唔著重考試,所以奇怪會去補英文

讀IS已經好貴,仲要預埋補習費用......

17#
發表於 08-10-29 21:04 |只看該作者
local school 學生補中文一D都唔奇,因為學校教的同試卷考的好唔同,學生為了考試成績好,一定要補習(唔補習都要做練習)

本地學校學生中文係母語,都應該好喎,如果咁都要補中文,係唔係重奇?
如果返學連母語都學得半桶水,像你說的 "一定要補習",香港的教育真係 ------

而IS的學生,英文程度應該有番咁上下,而且大部分的IS唔著重考試,所以奇怪會去補英文

何以見得唔著重考試?
我孩子的學校,很重視每份功課,每個評估,每個測驗和考試。

中國人都唔係個個寫中文寫得好;
同一道理,就算係洋人,都唔會個個寫英文寫得好。
唔好見人要去補習,就主觀覺得人地 "唔掂",
好多都係上 d enrichment course,去改善寫作技巧,
而且,讀國際學校學生補英文的,尤其係小學生,真係只係少數。

讀IS已經好貴,仲要預埋補習費用......

如何用錢,各有各的方式,要看自己的經濟狀況。
其實很多家庭都只有一個孩子,很多中產家長都很捨得花錢在孩子身上,每個月花在各類課後活動班和補習班的金錢,隨時過萬。學費反而變成 "少數目"。

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 08-10-29 21:06 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 08-10-30 07:32 |只看該作者
唔知點解無端端俾人插,我都係講下意見啫,唔洗句句駁麻?

講返中文程度,雖然本地學校學生以中文為母語,但係我地講既係廣東話,同寫既唔同,所以好多本地學校的學生係英文好過中文,佢地真係中文同英文都係"半桶水",我都覺得
"香港的教育真係 ------",所以咪揀IS囉!

我知有D IS好著重考試,我指既係大部分,唔係全部.

不過聽你咁講我都安樂D,知道要補英文的IS學生唔係好多,因為我唔想囝囝讀IS都要咁大壓力,thank you!

19#
發表於 08-10-30 17:02 |只看該作者
Do you want genuine information?
Or do you simply want someone to agree with all your comments?

It appeared to me that you do not know much about IS. So if you have a wrong information or impression of IS students, I would have thought that I have to let you know. There are too much false information of IS spreading around, so I think I should speak out to correct you. If you think that is "俾人插", or "句句駁", well, what else can I say? And this is really unfortunate.

"好多本地學校的學生係英文好過中文" <== I do not intend to comment on this.

"我知有D IS好著重考試,我指既係大部分,唔係全部" <== Not only "有D ". In fact, most (if not all) IS do care about exams. Just that IS and local schools have different approach handling exams. Local schools care mostly (if not only) exams and do not care the process the learning. As long as you ace the exams, you are a good student. IS care the process of learning. Students need to really understand what they have or are learning. Then AFTER really fully understanding what they have learnt, they prepare for exams. For your information, ALL secondary IS students have to work extremely hard for their exams every year. And upper primary students are also working hard for more and more tests or evaluations. In fact, eventually, all secondary students have to sit for a certain public/open exam. As far as I am aware, they have very good results. You might want to check out some other separate threads regarding exam results.

I did not intend to start any fire when discussing the differences of IS and local school. It is unfortunate that some parents can be that hostile.

20#
發表於 08-10-30 22:57 |只看該作者
唔該晒你既"詳盡"解釋......救命
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖