用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 St. Paul Co-ed 2nd in cannot sit stably, does it mea ...
查看: 3169|回覆: 42
go

St. Paul Co-ed 2nd in cannot sit stably, does it mean no chance [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-4 11:01 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
St. Paul Co-ed 2nd in cannot sit stably, does it mean no chance.
We interview for about half an hour, my sons start move around on the chair and get down from the chair at the last 10 min. Does it means the principal will not sort him and give him a place at P1.
Any boy parent have similar experience last year, what is your final result then. My husband and I were very very worry that we will be reject at this final stage.
It's seem that the 2nd interview does not try to screen the children by the answer from the parent as the questions are so general and the principal talked most of the time.
Do they just rank the children by the 1st interview. Or do they really mainly screen kids by whether they can sit probably or not during the 2nd interview. Pls give me advice if any parent have the idea!
We will be very worry in these 20 days of waiting period.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-11-4 11:15 |只看該作者
去年我個仔in時坐得好定, 我之前等了2.5小時才有得in, 見到其他等in的小朋友都好定。 我個仔現在是該校的p.1, 在他的校車上我見到一個非常naughty的p.1, hope that this information is useful to you.

原帖由 YLK 於 08-11-4 11:01 發表
St. Paul Co-ed 2nd in cannot sit stably, does it mean no chance.
We interview for about half an hour, my sons start move around on the chair and get down from the chair at the last 10 min. Does it mea ...

3#
發表於 08-11-4 11:18 |只看該作者
I'm facing the same problem as YLK. My son did not sit still  and kept getting up and down from the chair to get the books. After reading the books, he leaned on the table and kept moving. I'm soooooo worried too that there is little hope.:cry:

4#
發表於 08-11-4 11:28 |只看該作者
I don't think both of your kids are naughty.  In fact, as I know some of the students in P.1 are very naughty.  So I think Ms Lee will not look only the 2nd in performance, otherwise these students will not be in P.1.  Ms Lee should understand that kids cannot sit on a seat for a long time.  Don't worry.

原帖由 dolphin123 於 08-11-4 11:18 發表
I'm facing the same problem as YLK. My son did not sit still  and kept getting up and down from the chair to get the books. After reading the books, he leaned on the table and kept moving. I'm soooooo ...

5#
發表於 08-11-4 12:10 |只看該作者
我都覺得唔係好清楚spcc既2nd in既purpose係點? 校長一開始便問我們覺得孩子怎樣...到我們說完之後, 她就表示很喜歡收像我孩子般的學生...(我唔知係佢客氣, 定係同個個父母都會這樣說...), 然後便說學校的一些教學情況, 甚至中學334的情況等. 最後便看看我家的地址, 提了一下可能要好好考慮居住的地點, 因我家住新界區...

由於上次去2nd in 英華時, 孩子就有坐得不好, 甚至搞校長台上的裝飾物的情況, 所以今次我們已預先跟他再三叮囑見校長時的坐姿應該如何....thanks God他今次就表現得唔錯。

我在想其實在200人中選150人, 其他的會否也會給放在waiting  list呢? 不知有沒有spcc的家長知道?

[ 本帖最後由 CSW 於 08-11-4 14:04 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 08-11-4 12:37 |只看該作者
你個仔好叻, 咁多間有2nd in, 在2nd in 時李校長講多過你講, 叫你考慮返學交通安排, 即是掂, 等收好消息.

原帖由 CSW 於 08-11-4 12:10 發表
我都覺得唔係好清楚spcc既2nd in既purpose係點? 校長一開始便問我們覺得孩子怎樣...到我們說完之後, 她就表示很喜歡收像我孩子般的學生...(我唔知係佢客氣, 定係同個個父母都會這樣說...), 然後便說學校的一些教學情 ...

7#
發表於 08-11-4 13:33 |只看該作者
i think my duaghter also get little chance as my daughter also cannot sit probably.  she goes up and down the chair to get the book and just flip the book quickly.   Maybe we have waited quite a long time outside (2.5 hours) and my daughter seems annoying.  My husband and I also feel quite unhappy afterwards because this is not the "normal" her.

8#
發表於 08-11-4 14:03 |只看該作者
lemonred,

多謝你既鼓勵。
我會記住以平常心來等候結果的。
大家繼續努力。

原帖由 lemonred 於 08-11-4 12:37 發表
你個仔好叻, 咁多間有2nd in, 在2nd in 時李校長講多過你講, 叫你考慮返學交通安排, 即是掂, 等收好消息.

9#
發表於 08-11-4 14:28 |只看該作者
Yes, the rest will be put in the waiting list.  I know that some waiting list candidates could enrol to the school at last.  

原帖由 CSW 於 08-11-4 12:10 發表
我都覺得唔係好清楚spcc既2nd in既purpose係點? 校長一開始便問我們覺得孩子怎樣...到我們說完之後, 她就表示很喜歡收像我孩子般的學生...(我唔知係佢客氣, 定係同個個父母都會這樣說...), 然後便說學校的一些教學情 ...

10#
發表於 08-11-5 01:20 |只看該作者
Personally I do not think it is normal for a K3 kid to sit still for over half an hour. So should not blame the kids. They are only 5-6 years old. [I asked myself, if not because of the interview, how often can we adult sit still for an hour or two, unless watching TV or stuck in a meeting at work?]

11#
發表於 08-11-5 03:02 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Still very very unhappy and worry about the result. Anyone get the idea of the rough proportion of all the 200 2nd in. candidates who can sit still during the whole interview.

If my son really fall into the waiting list, how many waiting list boys can at last enroll to P.1 last year. The chance seems to be small. Girl may be better. DGS may be  comparable to SPCCPS, but most boys' parent may prefer SPCCPS more rather than DGS. Is it true? When will the waiting list child finally get the place?

Maybe this is a test for our faith in God. Although we know that God will allocate a suitable school for my son. We still feel regret that why couldn't our son follows our instructions.

After the interview, I still keep on thinking what is the screening criteria in the 2nd interview. Any insider who know more about this can give me some advice? Thanks!

[ 本帖最後由 YLK 於 08-11-5 03:04 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 08-11-5 11:14 |只看該作者
yes, no good.

13#
發表於 08-11-5 11:42 |只看該作者
What do you mean?

原帖由 ericby 於 08-11-5 11:14 發表
yes, no good.

14#
發表於 08-11-5 11:47 |只看該作者
teachers will observe childrens' stability and focus.  moving around is not very good image

15#
發表於 08-11-5 11:55 |只看該作者
I have different view.  I think most of the girls' parents may prefer SPCC to DGS because DGS has to move to TKO temporarily in the next few years.  The campus of SPCC is very very good!

原帖由 YLK 於 08-11-5 03:02 發表
Still very very unhappy and worry about the result. Anyone get the idea of the rough proportion of all the 200 2nd in. candidates who can sit still during the whole interview.

If my son really fall  ...

16#
發表於 08-11-5 12:29 |只看該作者
Relax and don't be unhappy. You are the lucky one to get into 2nd interview. Hope your kid can get admitted!

原帖由 YLK 於 08-11-5 03:02 發表

If my son really fall  ...

17#
發表於 08-11-5 13:08 |只看該作者
My girl has taken the 2nd interview with my husband and i five year ago and she was not sit still in front of the headmistress and just walking around and curiously touching many things and she also asked the headmistress when could she leave?  By that time, I thought my girl had no chance. But she did it then!

I think this is no problem if the kid doesn't sit still but shows his/her curiosity on every thing but not "naughty".

18#
發表於 08-11-5 14:08 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

男男,okokdad,readers, lemonred. Thank you so much for your information and support. This really help.

As SPCCSP is the one and only one school my husband and I target for. We have great pressure in waiting for the result.

Maybe this is how God strengthen our faith. If we can really let him lead our way and believe that anything he gives us is good. Then we do not need to worry. However, our faith sometime is vulunerable. Let's pray for all the K3 parents who has similiar headache.

19#
發表於 08-11-5 15:20 |只看該作者
Hi YLK,

God works in His mysterious ways and all you need is to have faith in Him that He will give you the best.  

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path" - Proverbs 3:5-6

Keep praying! Hope to hear the good news from you in a few weeks time! :)

20#
發表於 08-11-5 17:13 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Hi skateboardp,
Thank you so much  for your kind advice!
I read your posted messages in another topic here in these recently weeks and therefore know about things you encountered before and after the 2nd interview.
For us, it seems that we are intelligent enough to use our utmost effort to fight for our well being. In fact, we cannot. On the contrary, our  intelligent hinder us to leave things to God's plan.
Maybe, my faith is really weak. Please pray for my family. May God help us understand and accept all his plan on us.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題