密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 生女但係盡量唔想佢讀女校??
查看: 4522|回覆: 36
go

生女但係盡量唔想佢讀女校?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-3-30 18:55 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I am a mother of 2 girls. Both my husband and I prefer they study in "co-ed school" (男女校) rather than purely girl school.

WE are OK if she study in Girl Secondary schools but at this very young age, we prefer she can study in a school which is"closed to real situation where boys and girls are co-exist".

Any parents share the same thought??
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-3-30 22:45 |只看該作者
完全認同. 不過, 有人話我擔心得太早. 同埋, 現實的HK好多名校都係女校, 尤其係香港島, 如灣仔區....

3#
發表於 10-3-30 23:03 |只看該作者
I am also a mother of 2 girls,
I prefer girls going to girl school when they are younger, and I prefer them can go to "co-ed" school when they are in secondary grade.
When children are younger, they are not so bright to choose which style of school to go to, when children get older, they will blame mama and baba limit their chance to meet more boys

4#
發表於 10-3-30 23:54 |只看該作者
I am also a mother of 2 girls, but both my hubby and I prefer my girls studying in girl school. My elder girl studied in a "co-ed school" when she was in P.1 but now she is in P.2 of a girl school in HK side. She said she doesn't like "co-ed school" because most of the boys are naughty and noisy during the lesson.

原帖由 esther.cy 於 10-3-30 18:55 發表
I am a mother of 2 girls. Both my husband and I prefer they study in "co-ed school" (男女校) rather than purely girl school.

WE are OK if she study in Girl Secondary schools but at this very young ag ...

5#
發表於 10-3-31 00:29 |只看該作者
If my girl tells me that she doesn't like to play with boys, I would keep her in "co-ed" to let her learn how to get along with boys.

I am not criticsing you. I was graduated from girls school. I found that I do not know how to make friends with boys. (I don't mean that type of boy friends). I think to be able to make friends with boys is a very important social skills. You know social skills is very important in their work life later.

Of coz not all girls from girls school are like that, but I am one of the unlucky one. My career is now okay, but I always feel that I could do better if I can build good relationships with boys.

原帖由 cherriemama 於 10-3-30 23:54 發表
I am also a mother of 2 girls, but both my hubby and I prefer my girls studying in girl school. My elder girl studied in a "co-ed school" when she was in P.1 but now she is in P.2 of a girl school in  ...

6#
發表於 10-3-31 09:13 |只看該作者
Thank you for sharing with me.

Actually I was studied in co-ed primary while went to girl school when I was in secondary school. Same case as my husband (boy school when secondary). Some opinion that kids will have a more balance social life in co-ed school while some said studying in co-ed school will always distract their study, like " Pak Tall".

Agreed with some other parents who shared in this topic. I also found that most of the good primary + secondary located on HK Island are girl  or boy school (except St. Paul Co-Ed), that's why I also had difficulties when choosing a co-ed school for my girl.

Like a friend of mine, she was graduated from SHCK but she doesn't like to put her girl into SHCK but a co-ed school. That's why I raised out this topics cos it sounds interesting!

原帖由 lum1007 於 10-3-31 00:29 發表
If my girl tells me that she doesn't like to play with boys, I would keep her in "co-ed" to let her learn how to get along with boys.

I am not criticsing you. I was graduated from girls school. I fou ...

7#
發表於 10-3-31 10:02 |只看該作者
I went to a girl only secondary school after a co-ed primary school.  My personal experience also told me a more balance environment of girls and boys are better for one's development.  A few of my friends from secondary school are actually lesbian or so-called "Tom-boy".  The fact is that they are not like this before secondary, so, I think the impact of girl only secondary school is greater than girl only primary or KG.

This is why I have a very high chance of letting my girl entering a famous girl only KG in HK, but I did not apply....... I still have great hestitating if I should apply its primary school..........though my husband has no concern at all.

原帖由 esther.cy 於 10-3-31 09:13 發表
Thank you for sharing with me.

Actually I was studied in co-ed primary while went to girl school when I was in secondary school. Same case as my husband (boy school when secondary). Some opinion tha ...

8#
發表於 10-3-31 11:58 |只看該作者
its not like the days when we were students and studying in girls schools meant we rarely met boys anymore. kids can make friends of the opposite sex via eca or sport events or interest groups given that parents will organise so much activities for their children nowadays. i know TB is not limited to all girls schools, there are TBs in coed and most of them will back to "NORMAL" when they fit into society after graduation. to an extreme, girls can be lesbians in single sex school or unmarried mothers under age of 18 in coed, so which would you prefer less?

in terms of good/famous coed primary schools in hk, only a handful of dss or private can be selected.

9#
發表於 10-3-31 12:15 |只看該作者
don't any of you believe the eductionist did concern with and study for long that topic before delivering their thesis to the school administrator?

there must be pros and cons for running different school, like boys, girls and co-ed.

if there is no pros of boys or girls school, those schools would have been closed!

there are at least 2 different types of school for the kids to choose - either boys/gilrs or co-ed! Remember, it is for your kids to choose!

10#
發表於 10-3-31 12:26 |只看該作者
我都係唔想囡囡讀'女校',但男女既私校or 一條龍選擇小.
津校 (大抽獎)又未必得.

11#
發表於 10-3-31 13:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 kmmum 於 10-3-31 12:26 發表
我都係唔想囡囡讀'女校',但男女既私校or 一條龍選擇小.
津校 (大抽獎)又未必得.

有邊d較為好既男女津小? 油天? 我都係諗唔到有mud選擇, 而且同齋女津小比, 好似後者好好多. 如果男女校, 似乎官小比津小更好(如軒小, 般小, 馬頭涌), 因為有聯系官中. 所以如心儀男女, 都係疊埋心水讀dss/私校.

12#
發表於 10-3-31 14:11 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 10-3-31 14:28 |只看該作者

回覆 7# Sorb 的文章

as far as i know there is no girl only KG, both SPK and SHCK have boys.  SSGSKG is suppose to be a co-ed KG, however, there is no boy in this school at the moment.

my girl is studying in SPK, i will worry if she can be promoted to primary section rather than if co-ed is better.  

my girl plays with boys in the playground, club house.  she also visit  neighbor's boys everyday.  i dont see any problem.

14#
發表於 10-3-31 14:52 |只看該作者
Heep Yunn & Good Hope run girls only kinder.
原帖由 Sumyeema1 於 10-3-31 14:28 發表
as far as i know there is no girl only KG, both SPK and SHCK have boys.  SSGSKG is suppose to be a co-ed KG, however, there is no boy in this school at the moment.

my girl is studying in SPK, i will  ...

15#
發表於 10-3-31 15:05 |只看該作者

回覆 14# eggmama 的文章

oh, i see.  thanks

16#
發表於 10-3-31 15:21 |只看該作者

回覆 13# Sumyeema1 的文章

Maybe because your girl's character is different from mine. And I agree that children nowadays are different from our time. However, I did have many chances to play with boys and I did get along very well with boys with I was small. I think my problem started when I entered puberty.

There will have gay/lesbian in both unisex and co-ed school, but I am pretty sure that gay/lesbian is more common in unisex school. Um....I do agree with very much the cons is students can concentrate on their study in unisex school especially after puberty. From my memories, my highschool life was study study and study.

I think whether girls school is good or not, it depends on the character of your girls. If my girl is lucky enough to get offers from a unisex school and a co-ed with similar academic background, I will choose co-ed. However, if I can only get good offer of unisex school, I think I will still go for it.

17#
發表於 10-3-31 15:33 |只看該作者
"My girl plays with boys in the playground, club house.  she also visit  neighbor's boys everyday.  i dont see any problem.".......I agree with this statement when your girl is still relatively small where she still has plenty of time going to the playground, clubhouse, visit your neighbour's boy.  However, when she promotes to full time girl only secondary school, she will spend most of her time in her girl only campus and go along with her girl friends only.  The previous mentioned problem may arise with some girls.

I agree co-ed schools will also have cases of lesbian or TB, however, I think girl only schools have a higher risk than ormal co-ed.  I also agree that the problem with co-ed schools maybe higher chance of too early going out for dating or in some extreme cases, pre-marry pregnancy.  So, really a dilemma for us to choose as a parent.

原帖由 Sumyeema1 於 10-3-31 14:28 發表

my girl is studying in SPK, i will  ...

18#
發表於 10-3-31 15:53 |只看該作者
Interesting topic. Sounds many parents worry their daughters studied at girl only school will have high chance be lesbian or don't know how to due with male in the future. Similar topic was discussed between me and my friends. An interesting point is many parents just worry about girls, but not boys. They don't have much concern on their boys to study boy school or co-ed school. They don't worry their boy become gay at boy only school or don't know how to due with female after school life. Why? Are we over worry about the ability of our kids or too protect them? I think a normal human being will learn the way how to survive and communicate with other sex. Even animal or insect also can do it properly, why should we worry.
If we can provide good care to our kids, be open to talk/discuss with them about their query on sex or get them participated in more events with boys and girls, then it should not be a problem.
Boys only or Girls only schools exist for a long time, Gay or Lesbian is just a minority in our society and most of them are 先天 (as quote from some doctors). Hence, we better not put this factor as high weight in the selection criteria of school for our kids.

19#
發表於 10-3-31 16:04 |只看該作者
我有三女,大女獲派津貼小學女校,直屬中學亦是女校,所以,好大機會,三名女兒都會在女校環境渡過十二年.
我自己小學時唸男女校,七年中學女校,回頭想,我覺得中學讀女校比男女校較少青春期的煩惱.
其實,男女校,男校或女校都不是最重要,最緊要學校好,在現時極麻煩的教育制度下,派到或考到好學校已經好難,先解這個問題,若只終是單一性別的學校,大可以在課外活動中學習人際關係.

20#
發表於 10-3-31 16:34 |只看該作者

回覆 19# MC1128 的文章

you are so lucky.  i have one girl and one boy.  now my girl will be 90% chance staying in a girl school.  i need to worry about the younger boy who has no points.  headache.

[ 本帖最後由 Sumyeema1 於 10-3-31 17:11 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖