好會話,現在我和老公十五十六想幫他們轉校,不知如
何是好?
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-4-8 01:06 |只看該作者
which school do your kids attend?

3#
發表於 10-4-8 03:02 |只看該作者
yes, I am curious too. Sounds like the problem is the school's curriculum.

I disagree very strongly that IS ' curriculum is "loose". Completely wrong description. IS' curriculum makes our kids use their brains, and train them to be independent thinkers.
Each student is an individual being with their own personality and strengths for developing, weaknesses are not "magnified" but with good teachers' nurture and school's curriculum support, in time, the student's weakness becomes less of an obstacle. Strengthens most of the time, but each at his different pace.

What you teach at home to support the school's strength and weakness is also very important for your children's success.

Just my opinion. No offense intended.

4#
發表於 10-4-8 10:48 |只看該作者
Can you tell us which IS?

5#
發表於 10-4-8 13:23 |只看該作者
Really interested to know more coz' I also have same concerns as yeung 2212 if I send my child to intenational school.  I'm afraid that those kids will be too free and they won't be  aggressive when they grow up.

6#
發表於 10-4-8 14:06 |只看該作者

回覆 1# grandpro 的文章

ask him-教育局副局長陳維安

7#
發表於 10-4-8 14:07 |只看該作者
I couldn't sleep well yestersday as I was thinking if it was right to switch my sons to another school.
I have called some local schools such as St. Margret and CKY this morning. The staff said that all are full. I feel very upset what can I do.

My uncle is giving the private tutor to my elder son now. I have heard my uncle's tone is very angry since he has found my son (in Year 6) doesn't know how to spell the word of "April".
How come a boy studying in Year 6 with the IQ nearly 130, can't spell the word of "April". I am hiding in my room. otherwise, I will kill my son.

8#
發表於 10-4-8 14:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 yeung2212 於 10-4-8 14:07 發表
I couldn't sleep well yestersday as I was thinking if it was right to switch my sons to another school.
I have called some local schools such as St. Margret and CKY this morning. The staff said that a ...

I think it's the school rather than IS in general.

Have you thought of switching your son to another IS?  Many times, IS homework is done at school, but there is a very clear curriculum for students, teachers and parents to follow.  There is no books because the books are at school, but there surely are worksheets.

9#
發表於 10-4-8 14:35 |只看該作者
Yeung2212
You should be happy that you hv a child of such a high IQ.  Ask how many native speakers who can spell 'definitely' properly?  You wl be surprised most of them wl spell  'definately' instead because that is the way it sounds it.  

Grandpro
I dont understand.. why you want your child to be aggressive...like elbowing his way when people are trying to get off.. dont get it?
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

10#
發表於 10-4-8 14:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 lottieclee 於 10-4-8 14:23 發表

I think it's the school rather than IS in general.

Have you thought of switching your son to another IS?  Many times, IS homework is done at school, but there is a very clear curriculum for student ...

I have applied another IS, but they said perhaps need to wait for 4-6 yrs.

11#
發表於 10-4-8 14:39 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

12#
發表於 10-4-8 14:43 |只看該作者

13#
發表於 10-4-8 14:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mighty 於 10-4-8 14:35 發表
Yeung2212
You should be happy that you hv a child of such a high IQ.  Ask how many native speakers who can spell 'definitely' properly?  You wl be surprised most of them wl spell  'definately' instead ...

Hi Mighty
I feel better after your kind advice.
I am using the positive attitude to my son.

Therefore, I am still hiding in my room as I don't
want he knows my sad thnking.

14#
發表於 10-4-8 14:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 yeung2212 於 10-4-8 14:07 發表
I have heard my uncle's tone is very angry since he has found my son (in Year 6) doesn't know how to spell the word of "April".
How come a boy studying in Year 6 with the IQ nearly 130, can't spell the word of "April". I am hiding in my room. otherwise, I will kill my son.

I am curious as to which IS you are talking about. Do you mind telling us which one your son is in? May be some parents from that school might shed some light as to what exactly is happening?

I know people that are studying in the IS that have been considered second or even third choice in most BK people's eyes. But even in those schools, I would not say that a Year 6 that cannot spell April is a common case. Spelling does not require high IQ. Any "ordinary" person can be trained to spell correctly. Has you son been asked to practice his spelling? Has there been assessments at all all these years? It is just not possible that there have been no tests/assessments, no spelling quizzes, no writing tasks, no projects...  If that is the case, how do they assess students? Do you get your regular mid-year or end of term report? Have you asked the school for information of the curriculum? How about other children in his class? Are they all unable to spell simple words, like "April"?

Putting a child in an IS does not mean that the parents can go totally hands-off. Parents should still be actively involved with the child's studies.

15#
發表於 10-4-8 15:23 |只看該作者
yeung2212

16#
發表於 10-4-8 17:49 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 10-4-8 17:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 yeung2212 於 10-4-8 14:36 發表

I have applied another IS, but they said perhaps need to wait for 4-6 yrs.

Have you talked to the class teacher and the school about your concerns?  IS is very different from the local school system... But teachers are very happy to share what they teach with you and give you info about the curriculum.

I agree that parents is the biggest part of a child's education.  Unfortunately, you cannot leave it up to the school, whether IS or local... some work needs to be done at home too.

18#
發表於 10-4-8 20:59 |只看該作者
yeung2212

19#
發表於 10-4-9 02:15 |只看該作者
To Mighty,
The world is getting more competitive.  Students at IS tend (or seem) to be more care free and can't live in a tough environment.  I'm not sure if they can fit into the real world when they grow up.  When people say IS students love reading, but are most of them reading only story books / chapter book for leisure?  Except for their good English, will it be risky to let them learn by themselves as they may end up not knowing many things about the world?  I'm not sure and I keep thinking the pros and cons of IS recently.  Would love to know more comments / discussion here.

原帖由 Mighty 於 10-4-8 14:35 發表
Yeung2212
You should be happy that you hv a child of such a high IQ.  Ask how many native speakers who can spell 'definitely' properly?  You wl be surprised most of them wl spell  'definately' instead ...

20#
發表於 10-4-9 02:51 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題