5#
發表於 13-1-30 13:24 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 13-1-30 23:09 |只看該作者
小班教學,老師又有愛心, 學費又相對合理,這幾年國際學位緊張,開始越來越難入

7#
發表於 13-1-31 12:41 |只看該作者
This school is running Cambridge curriculum.  You may check their website for more information.

For instance, the following link is explaining their English curriculum in details:

http://www.kis.edu.hk/english/co ... lish_Curriculum.pdf

In May, I got to know there was a Literacy Week.  Students and teachers dressed themselves in fairy tales costumes.  In that way, learning was presented in a way with fun.

8#
發表於 13-2-5 10:23 |只看該作者
過去的十月份去了一個三日兩夜的宿營.
回來後, 每位小朋友有機會上台講一下自己的成就和希望下年改善的地方.
我老公錄影了, 孩子們講得頭頭是道.

最重要的是小班教學, 每位小朋友有平等機會表達.

這學校也不錯, 收費合理.
老師對學生的了解很深, 因為人數不多

9#
發表於 13-2-5 12:55 |只看該作者

回覆:韓國國際學校一問

學校真的不錯,要不是EFS有offer,我一定會給孩子讀下去,我覺得在很多國際學校里,真的不錯小班教學,孩子學術提高快,但相對互動少點,對了我有一套y2-y3男生校服一套,9成新,超低轉,有需要的PM我

10#
發表於 13-2-6 00:26 |只看該作者

回覆:scl227 的帖子

你的囡囡在今年的8月新學年入讀嗎?

11#
發表於 13-2-6 12:18 |只看該作者
係隔離個forum見到
We just moved to hong kong last year from Canada. Originally, we planned to put our son into ESF, but the waiting was so long. Therefore, my son ended up studying at Korean International.

At first, we chose Korean International because 1. they have spaces available  2. they are British- curriculum based 3. they have a very strong Canadian background too - the principal is Canadian and many of their teachers graduated in Canada as well. 4. Although KIS is an international school, it seems more "traditional" compared to other IS. 5. Resonable school price 6. Swimming lesson every Friday 7. Mandarin lessons every week 8. Provide a very comfortable, interactive and "stress-free" learning environment 9. Teachers are in fact very friendly and helpful 10. My son likes this school at the first place (Very important!)

From my observations, I can say that KIS is a pretty good school. As a parent, I would rate KIS as a B+ school. After studying at KIS for a year, my son was quite happy and has enjoyed learning very much. Maybe we are Canadian, my son feels very comfortable studying at KIS. (some teachers are from Vancouver, UBC) Therefore, we feel like KIS is a place where we belong to, even though most of the students are Koreans. Of course they have chinese students, but they do speak English. (most of them came from overseas instead of locals) The other thing that i like about KIS is that they have a low teacher-student ratio. In my son's class, they only have 17 students + a teacher + an EA. (I consider this as a very important factor because low ratio means the teacher will better understand my child's need) Moreover, my son has to do homework every other day, like math, English, science and social studies.  He also has to practice hand-writing and write about his experiences in his journal. Furhter, they have spelling test every week (10 words) and projects (either an essay, a model or a drama, etc)once awhile. Most importantly, my son made academic progresses after a year studying at KIS. His spelling, comprehension, hand-writing, Mandarin and oral skills are much better now. He used to hate doing homeworks, but now he is able to do his homeworks independently without my help. Academically, he is more focused now. Socially, he made alot of friends, including Koreans and Europeans. In fact, his best friend came from Swiss. Interestingly, my son also learned some simple Korean words and was able to surprise his dad with a Korean birthday song ()

I've heard some of you commenting that KIS students are quite naughty and "wild". Well, I can only say, there is a big difference between the Korean and English section students. Since my son is studying in the English Section, I can say that his classmates are very polite, hard-working and naive compared to the Korean section. (Even Koreans in the English section are quite hard-working since Korean parents are quite traditional and they place a high expectation on their child.) Due to this type of positive peers influence, my son suddenly realized that "oh, i need to work harder from now on, just like "XXX" "

From my observations, KIS is a low-profile IS that is making progresses every year and is working hard to promote happy learning but at the same time, to motivate students to meet certain academic expectations. I believe IS will gradually become one of the popular IS in hk, because they are now working hard to motivate their primary students to become active as well as competitive learners.

Compared to local schools, KIS of course is an international school since English is the teaching medium and all students speak English in the English section. All KIS teachers are native English speakers. However, compared to other IS, KIS is more "traditional" in a way because 1. they do expect students to meet certain academic results 2. they do give out homeworks and students do need to finish them on time. Compared to an IB school that provides progress reports, KIS do give out reports that have actual ratings, such as S--, S, S++, etc. Therefore, my son have to meet certain academic requirements before he got promoted to the next grade.

If you are looking for a high profile, popular international school that has a long-term good reputation, then KIS may not be your first choice because it is still developing and yet making academic progresses steadily.

But if you are looking for a potential international school that is able to provide your child a happy, multicultural learning environment as well as to motivate your child to make steady academic progresses,  KIS is a very good choice indeed.

As a KIS parent, I only believe in "there is no good or bad school, there is only the most suitable school for your children!" I can't really comment on anyone's behalf whether or not KIS is a good school for your children because it is always unfair to comment "this school is good for everybody", or "that school is bad for anyone". However, I am glad to say that KIS best suits my son's need.

Hope this help you a bit ^^

12#
發表於 13-2-7 11:12 |只看該作者
我已申請, 但還未接到面談通知.
我想哥哥在這讀書, 妹妹不會不收吧!

13#
發表於 13-2-7 11:14 |只看該作者
謝謝menah的意見, 很有說服力的分享.

我也是想: 沒有最好的學校  只有適合自己孩子的學校

14#
發表於 13-2-9 02:52 |只看該作者

回覆:mena 的帖子

多謝你的分享

15#
發表於 13-2-19 14:09 |只看該作者
想問2013-14學年reception class的面試已經結束了嗎?
其實我剛打電話去問,她說已full了。但可先寄application form(不用交application free),有位才約面試!相信今年收生情況都頗緊張,我要等有人放棄學位才有機會;想問你哋仔女的同學仔是否經常「流失」?原因是什麼知道嗎?
還有些問題請幫忙解答:
1) 每日的國語班有多少時間?
2) 學費方面:除了Deposit和基本學費,還有沒有其他國際學校的Capital levy, debenture之類?
麻煩哂!

16#
發表於 13-2-19 23:55 |只看該作者
回復 227d 的帖子

My son is studying reception (2012-2013), according to him, the turnover rate  is low as only 16 students in one class, there are 2 reception classes.

1) 4 mandarin classes per week
2) we only need to pay deposit and school fee, lunch fee, no debenture and capital levy

17#
發表於 13-2-20 10:39 |只看該作者
thanks jumay319!

18#
發表於 13-2-20 17:28 |只看該作者
我舊年關注過這間學校,學校網站資訊仲停留在幾年前沒更新,印象分就打了折扣,不過私校真是競爭越來越大

19#
發表於 13-2-21 11:50 |只看該作者
不會吧, 我還未收到要面試的信件,
哥哥在kis讀, 不會連面試也沒有吧!
好急呢!
立刻找jenny問一問.