密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Yew Chung
查看: 8331|回覆: 40
go

Yew Chung [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-6-1 12:11 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
阿仔八月會開始返pg, 但聽左好多朋友意見,個個都話耀中唔好,初初揀耀中係因為一條龍,依家都唔知點,各位有咩意見,除左ESF,有冇其他好學校呢?

3    0    1    0

2#
發表於 13-6-2 16:15 |只看該作者
我最初都YC因為2歲有全日班。資料捜習後,而家諗Anfield or Kingston

點評

jinjinchan  It's very interesting that you are so keen to share with everyone about your view that Yew Chung is no good in your opinion. You are seen everywhere when people talk about Yew Chung. Thank you v much   發表於 13-6-3 06:59

3#
發表於 13-6-2 19:41 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jinjinchan 於 13-6-2 19:43 編輯

回復 Mamamu1126 的帖子

Many international schools like to make comparison with Yew Chung and say that they are better than Yew Chung because Yew Chung is so well established and has been seen as a rival, especially for schools who are establishing themselves. Many of them are very good schools, such as Anfield and Kingston, however, people just like to compare themselves with Yew Chung to show that they are good, and try to say that Yew Chung is not so good. This is my observation. After all, I haven't really seen any valid comment and I myself as the user did not see something which is not of quality.

My child is at Yew Chung starting 2yr class and I am generally very happy with the school. The teachers are very loving and caring and they are providing an environment which is very good for children to explore. Bilingual environment is excellent as well. If this is what you want, Yew Chung is a good choice. My child is now in primary and the school did a great job to help my child to adapt to the primary school environment.

Last but not least, if you are not confident in the school, really don't go in there. If you do not have trust with the school you have chosen, you will be easily influenced by others and damage the trust between yourself and the school. Think twice before you make up your mind. (Just like choosing husband)

Hope it helps!

4#
發表於 13-6-2 19:56 |只看該作者

回覆:Yew Chung

5#
發表於 13-6-2 23:47 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 gracedolly 於 13-6-3 06:21 編輯

我遇到的正正和樓主相反。
我從事教育,主修教育,認識的都是行內人,女兒要考2歲班,幼教界的主任校長,和幼稚園有合作的藝術人等,都推薦耀中,說耀中課程符合教育理論。
這兩年來,所見確實如此,我和女兒都很喜歡學校及老師。女兒在自理,語言及社交各方面發展迅速,就連當初對國際幼稚園課程較淺有微言的婆婆(老人家只會量化學習所得,不明啟智重要),也開始讚不絕口。
感謝學校及老師。
選校,魚與熊掌各有所愛,我只是寫出個人經驗。

6#
發表於 13-6-3 08:56 |只看該作者
回復 jinjinchan 的帖子

Hi jinjinchan,

I didn’t say the school was bad, just thatI prefer Kingston or Anfield over Yew Chung at the moment after attending YCorientation, glancing through the comment at BK, talking to someparents/potential parents at the above three school.  You are the real user, so you are using a YCparent prospective.

I don’t prefer YC on the grounds below, kindlycorrect me if I am wrong:-

a)
bad impression towards thepotential parents: as I mentioned before, the orientation day was very laud,about 1/3 (I guess) are from Mainland (forgive my discrimination, given mypersonal experience for competing the antenatal service, formula milk….).  The day there were really loud, some holdinga baby and didn’t go out the lecture room even her baby was crying badly.  To me, this was very unconsidered. Some of theparents were smoking while we were waiting the bus to visit some of thecampuses.  I don’t want my boy’s peersare coming from that kind of families. So I guess I don’t like the parents Iencountered over the orientation day instead of the school

b)
language environment: YC useEnglish and Cantonese, I prefer Mandarin.  YC encourages parents are communicating with childrenby “native” language – in my case, this is ok as my native is Cantonese and myhubby is speaking English.  But if bothof us are speaking Cantonese, I may prefer one to speak to him in English.  Though the school’s philosophy is right that a親子關係 is moreimportant

c)
I note from a recent thread ofdiscussion that YC used two non-NET teachers when after the leaving of a NETone.  Disputes over parents towards thearrangement.  I don’t like that.

Completely agreed with you that if you don’thave the confidence towards the school then do go.  But we sometimes simply have NO choice inrecent years.  It is not easy to get aplace you want. So, I still use YC as my fallback even though I don’t preferthe school if I have other alternative.

The above is my personal views, sure not substantiatedby concrete facts.

7#
發表於 13-6-3 19:10 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jinjinchan 於 13-6-3 19:10 編輯

回復 fanfanbb 的帖子

I hate to say it but I really think there are a lot of errors that can mislead people.

a. Mainlanders in YC are generally very capable children. Good manners. I am afraid the children of those people whom you have seen probably won't be allowed in school. I am happy to allow my child to be friends with them. My child learnt a good deal from school friends too!

b. YC kinder believes in 'children learn best in their mother tongue'. Learning in first language will result in the best parent child relationship and brain development. Of course, if your mother tongue is not Cantonese, that's another story. Or if you don't believe in this, forget about it.

And the most important of all is, after the children entered Yr 1, they pick up putonghua very fast, totally no problem. I think this is the best we can have, not sacrificing the mother tongue of the child, have their brain fully developed and move on to speak another 2 languages fluently.

c. Yes, in my child's class. A non-NET teacher was replacing the original one. However, the school did placed some native teachers in to compensate that. As far as me and some of the other parents have seen, it only bring more advantages to the class. We were upset at first when we first heard about it. We thought we wasted money paying so much school fee. However, after communicating with the school, it is totally understandable that it is hard to get quality teacher in the middle of the year. Unfortunate things do happen sometimes, the most important of all is that the school is responsive to the situation and is sincere in making improvement. I think YC is better than a lot of other schools who just don't care.

Anyway, everybody has their own cup of tea. Just please stop badmouthing about others when you are not a part of the school and know so little about it. 謠言止於智者!I think every school would for sure have their strengths and weaknesses. Just be fair when you talk about other people's school. Thank you!

8#
發表於 13-6-3 19:26 |只看該作者
回復 jinjinchan 的帖子

Thank you for your information.   I don't want to start another argument as the discussion Yew Chung over Anfield some time ago:-

http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2576623&extra=page%3D2

Please also note the comment from other parents having their kids in Yew Chung.  There are also the real users.

I don't think I was bad-mouthing Yew Chung, I just expressed my feeling and what I have seen/heart.  I am glad that you like the school and support the school.  

9#
發表於 13-6-4 08:22 |只看該作者
fanfanbb 發表於 13-6-3 08:56
回復 jinjinchan 的帖子

Hi jinjinchan,
對於貴方提出的b點: 分享資料
http://topschools.hk/8-schools-strong-in-putonghua

^^

10#
發表於 13-6-6 14:13 |只看該作者
I heard from YC parents who say YC is good except....:

1. Relatively weaker english (as no immersed environment);
2. More mainlanders.

If you are bothered by either, don't go. Of course, if you have an english envirnoment outside school, (1) doesn't matter. And funny though many hongkongers can bear having rich families as classmates if they are caucasians or hongkongers, but not mainlanders.

11#
發表於 13-6-6 14:41 |只看該作者

回覆:Yew Chung

我女 之前在yc 讀N班am及K1 full day,之後離開左hk所以退學,依家返左黎想讀返已經冇位!個人感覺係學校好好,老師好有心機教,阿女返得好開心!

12#
發表於 13-6-6 21:32 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 canteen31 於 13-6-6 21:34 編輯

今日去咗ycis 幼兒部嘅open day,我諗都有200個家長,大約20%係Big6家長,佢地係唔識英文要用耳機翻譯,見到佢地唔係好control到自己嘅小朋友,個小朋友有啲曳就用ycis派嘅information package嘅folder一野打落去!! 我見到都O咗咀!2點開始,成3點仲有big6人遲到入嚟!語言上,我見到Classroom嘅poster係中文多過英文,同埋唔會有功課!如果家長唔mind多big6 家庭同少啲英文,間學校應該唔錯,係一間Happy school,小朋友應該幾開心!20個學生有兩個班主任,比例都幾好!

點評

fanfanbb  我感覺同你一樣,我mind,所以唔選。但又比人話我bad mouth 學校。  發表於 13-6-6 22:49

13#
發表於 13-6-7 01:19 |只看該作者
其實我覺得YCIS嘅教育理念幾好,我鍾意learn through play 同唔係填鴨式教育!我諗每個家長都要考慮清楚邊樣係佢地嘅priority, 每間學校都有好同唔好! 話好嘅未必係打手,話唔好嘅亦都未必係Bad mouth間學校,it's very subjective!

14#
發表於 13-6-7 10:54 |只看該作者
回復 canteen31 的帖子

But this is just open day, right?  I do wonder what the actual parents make-up is like.
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

15#
發表於 13-6-7 13:30 |只看該作者
回復 HKTHK 的帖子

But I overheard them asking about the waiting list, since they've applied already.....

16#
發表於 13-6-17 18:03 |只看該作者
Mainlanders are everywhere now.

My girl is studying at YC kinder.  Almost no parents complained about the school.  They can really practice their philosophy through teaching.  And they are caring for everyone.

17#
發表於 13-6-19 18:09 |只看該作者
回復 canteen31 的帖子

唉,講真而家有邊間IS唔多BIG6呀。我都有去到個 OPEN DAY,係就係好多BIG 6, 但我見其實D STAFF 都唔係好鍾意佢地。答佢地問題時同答我地本地人既態度好唔同。所以我覺得佢地可能都會偏向收本地生多D。我有個朋友個仔讀緊YC,佢話佢個仔果班BIG 6 唔太多,其他班就唔知喇。
至於英文,YC 係 SELL IB SCHOOL,所以英文程度應該唔會差喎。我自己好鐘意YC教學理念,所以都會幫仔仔報。但係希望唔會真係有太多BIG 6 啦。

18#
發表於 13-6-19 20:27 |只看該作者
我囡讀了兩年,同班只有三至四個,不多~ 其他班不知道~

19#
發表於 13-7-9 18:31 |只看該作者

回覆:gracedolly 的帖子

Did u need to study in 2-yr old class (which is not a must) in order to get into their 3/4 yr old class (kindie), and if u r in their kindie, u can guarantee entering their primary?

20#
發表於 13-7-9 19:05 |只看該作者
Yew Chung 既中學難唔難入?係中學會唔會少D  big6人?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題