教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Boxhill International Kindergarten & Preschool
查看: 10198|回覆: 31
go

Boxhill International Kindergarten & Preschool [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-3-25 23:16 |只看該作者

Boxhill International Kindergarten & Preschool

Hello parents,

has anyone of you heard of Boxhill at Ma On Shan.  Me and my boy attended interview there and found it quite good.  He has also been accepted to the coming nursery class.  

Any comment?  Please share with me.  Thx!

2#
發表於 06-3-26 05:38 |只看該作者

Re: Boxhill International Kindergarten & Preschool

My son had study Nursery there for a year. My comment : just OK la! The carers in school talking Cantonese among themselves and to childern. Will you plan to let your son to study in International school in future? If so, you better think more option. If your son will study in traditional school in future, Greenfield is not bad. School fee is cheapter than Boxhill.

3#
發表於 06-3-26 17:23 |只看該作者

thanks for your advice, joenkm.  In fact, I would put my son in traditional school again maybe in K1 or at most P1.  Just want to let him study in an English speaking environment especially at his very first school year.

Then how's your son after attending boxhill's nursery?

4#
發表於 06-3-26 22:30 |只看該作者

My son is studying in nursery of HLYIS now. He is more happy and can speak English in simple sentence. My elder son had studied in Ma On Shan Greenfield for nurersy and K1. Greenfield is not bad. You can also let your son join the English activity session in afternoon.

5#
發表於 06-3-26 23:28 |只看該作者

My son is studying in Boxhill nursery class and I will move my son to ESF TY from K1.

Overall my comments towards the school is above average.  They show their care to the children (at least I felt their sincere).  My son speaks English in the school and although some of the education assistance communicated Cantonese themseleves, they still speak with my son in English (my son didn't learn any Cantonese from school except during the chinese lessons).

If you want to find a nursery class (with sincere and care to your kids) and willing to pay more, Boxhill can be one of your choice.

6#
發表於 06-3-27 10:54 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-16 09:09 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 06-3-27 11:37 |只看該作者

我女兒曾經就讀nursery class,她返學返得很開心的,先生及學校所有的人都好caring的,就算去toilet咁小的事都好,他們都會有很好的照顧。我當初選它就係因為這個原因,而我得一個女,我當她係小公主..所以見到咁樣就俾她就讀的了。

學得其他媽咪講的一樣,入面有些的assistant的英文唔係好流利,亦有文法的問題,但當初我女的先生係native,故未experience這個問題。所以很depends on你個女入邊一班讀,學得cherylmum講,如果入讀了那個菲律賓人做先生的那一班,如果唔係accent問題,其實都無什麼所謂,最大問題係英文accent和言法的運用。

如果打算讀一年就轉去其他的學校,你唔好當boxhill係international 學校先,當係一間normal的學校,它都幾好的,起碼我個女每日回校都很開心。

8#
發表於 06-3-28 20:51 |只看該作者

Well, thanks for all your advice.  In fact, my son has also been accepted by Keen Mind in Kowloon Tong.  KM is quite famous in recent year, especially for its students high rate of entering LSC, DBS and other well-known primary schools.  So, it's very difficult to choose KM or Boxhill.  

What do you think?

9#
發表於 06-3-29 09:40 |只看該作者

Hi grabheart,

If you have planned to place your kid in traditional school after completing the kindergarten, then, may be KM should be on 1st priority.

10#
發表於 06-3-30 10:29 |只看該作者

May I know the Chinese name of Keen Mind?  Thanks.

11#
發表於 06-3-30 19:15 |只看該作者

May I know the Chinese name of Keen Mind? Thanks.

Should be 劍鳴

12#
發表於 06-3-30 23:10 |只看該作者

my son also attends Box hill

The best part of the school is that my baby really enjoys the school, but I do have some reservation about the quality of their English. It does not provide a good surrounding for a child to pick up standard English.

I am very concerned about my baby's English accent. Also the teachers SELDOM or NEVER contact us or write us a simple note about my child's development. You need to initiate all kinds of channels for communication. They will not do any!

I will change my baby to another school in KLN Tong.

13#
發表於 06-3-31 09:39 |只看該作者

Xiatin,

As far as I know, the kindergarten will provide 2 formal school reports of my son for every academic year, one was around lunar new year and the rest one will be at the end of academic year ie around July.  BTW, I remember that after my son joined their school for 2 months, they'd organised a meeting with the parents to report the progress and their observation of the kids which I considered quite comprehensive.

From time to time, I keep close communications with the class teacher by using the student handbook and everytime I received their immediate response.  In addition, should they found any misbehaviour of my son, they would inform my maid when she collected him from the school or write down on the handbook.  I even recieved their call once telling me that my son always complained his skin was itchy and they already put the cream for him and asked me to observe whether he had any allergy, etc.  So I found their care towards my son was enough and our communications are effective.

So, may be your son is too good that did not cause them any trouble - that's way nothing to report.

As regards the English acent, my son's class teacher is not a native English speaker, luckily my son didn't learn any acent from her.  It is my comment that our kid only spent 3 hours in the school but the rest time at home, whether we can provide an English environment at home for our kids is the most important and key way to learn English.

14#
發表於 06-11-9 18:38 |只看該作者

Hi CherylMum,

My daughter just 2 yrs old this month (Nov) and wl study in 07/Jan afternoon nursery. Actually I also plan to study half year only and 07/Sept will go to Kowloon Tong study K1.  That means she wl study only 1/2 yr to brush up her English.
Do you know any friends same case as me and left the school bag, uniform etc. I'm open to buy it. Thanks !   

15#
發表於 06-11-11 12:21 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-4 10:16 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 06-11-11 19:41 |只看該作者

May I know which IS primary does the kids go to?     

17#
發表於 06-11-15 02:13 |只看該作者

I've planned to let my girl study in Boxhill International when she trun 3-year-old. However, having known that the pillipino accent teacher, I'd have to think twice about the Boxhill. Because I'd like her to go the primary straight from Boxhill. Now....I have doubts~

18#
發表於 06-11-17 11:15 |只看該作者

Anybody can adv the cmmts about Michelle teacher ? She teach nursery class ? Nice or not ?  

19#
發表於 06-11-17 11:53 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

20#
發表於 06-12-6 16:07 |只看該作者

My daughter studied the whole summer course which was lead by the Fillipino. She has the child education qualification and the English accent is alright, however I find she has difficulty in controlling the class discipline...may be the school not stress on this. We finally give up to attend the nursery class there as I also find the teachers and the staff are "好假"、"好表面",對家長就當客人,對我工人就180度轉變!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖