搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anfield internation kindergarten
查看: 25097|回覆: 147
go

Anfield internation kindergarten [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-14 21:11 |只看該作者

Anfield internation kindergarten

do you have idea about anfield school ???
any dad or mom know about this international school, any comments ??   good or so so ??
:  

2#
發表於 06-11-14 23:03 |只看該作者

Re: Anfield internation kindergarten

jennachan ,
I think Anfield is good, the teacher is nice and experience.
1. The teacher student ratio is low, 1:10max
2. All teachers are native English speakers.
3. For 3 hours courses (K1), 30 mins Mandarin will be taught by native speakers.
4. The school is small so that the relationship between teachers and students should be close.
5. Most of their student are Chinese. But most of them will go to study in EFS or other internatonal school .
6. By the way, if you want to study K1 am class, it is better to apply asap.

3#
發表於 06-11-14 23:32 |只看該作者

dear sks,
really appreciated your advice...
my baby is study in anfield play group now..   already applied K1 but the teacher said that they don't have formal interview so don't know yet if my baby can sucess to study in their K1 or not.
anyway, thanks for yr advice.
Jenna mom     

4#
發表於 06-11-14 23:53 |只看該作者

jennachan,
I think it is first come first severed and if your baby is now attending their playground, there should be priority for him.
Are you target on EFS or IS?

5#
發表於 06-11-15 00:13 |只看該作者

hi sks,
i hope so..  
i am wishing to bring my baby to study in International school but of course my main target ESF...  as their fee is more reasonable, what do you think ??   Jenna Chan

6#
發表於 06-11-15 00:37 |只看該作者

jennachan,
I always think 英基 is English Foundation School , but actually it is English Schools Foundation (ESF)  

My target is local DSS (English+Mandarin) as I would like my daughter to learn Chinese.

Actually, up to now, I still not yet make up my mind, International Kinder or local Kinder. However, I found that most of the famous school pay attention to children's English level, that is why I would like to choose International Kinder.

7#
發表於 06-11-15 00:51 |只看該作者

sks,
when i born my daughter, i started to consider which type of kindergarten should be suitable for my baby.
in my mind, i just want my daughter to be a happy girl..   doesn't need to carry a heavy school bag, doing thousand homeworks in every week, also it seems too much pressure  for all the local schools as i heard.   

that is why i prefer to put my baby to be a happy girl in IS school...   no matter ESF or other international school...  Jenna Mom

8#
發表於 06-11-15 00:52 |只看該作者

sks,
by the way, how old is your daughter ??   Jenna Mom

9#
發表於 06-11-15 13:28 |只看該作者

jennachan,
My daughter is 25months now.
I only want to choose the school that taught in English & Mandarin and with good discipline for her.

10#
發表於 06-11-15 21:20 |只看該作者

My son has studied in Anfield for the 2nd year.  I love it very much.  As I believe, the difference between local school and international school is not based on the medium of language.  If u go to Kln Tong every morning, u may see some kids from local kinders and others from int. kinders.  I've found that the kids from local kinders are very mature compared with the ones from int. kinder .  The reason is that the local kinder have put too much pressure on the kids, they spoon-feed all "important" knowledge to the kids.  I don't want my son to be a robot under the HK educational system so that I choose int. school.

11#
發表於 06-11-15 22:31 |只看該作者

Hi Fattymom,
Which class is your son in now? K2, K3 ?
It is right that the teaching style of local and Int. Kinder is different.
Int. seems provide more chances for the children to develop their interest, but what I worried is the discipline in int. school.

12#
發表於 06-11-16 07:40 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 06-11-16 09:48 |只看該作者

Dear anniewmau,

Knowing that Anfield playgroup starts at 1 year & 6 months, I will let my son study there before getting a place in SIS.  Anfield puts much emphasis on English, ratio should be 80% English vs 20% Mandarin, class size is 1 vs 10, teachers in Anfield will probably take care well of your child in view of small group size and the relationship between teachers and pupils is very close.  This is why I choose Anfield for my son.

14#
發表於 06-11-16 11:19 |只看該作者

My son is currently in K1 in Anfield.  He started playgroup there when he was 18 months.  Although it is not famous and small in terms of the campus, the teachers and staff there are really nice and friendly.
[img align=left]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10714;112/st/20031224/n/my+boy/dt/12/k/141d/age.png[/img]

15#
發表於 06-11-16 11:37 |只看該作者

Dear 三家姐,
Basically, I just want to offer good and warm learning environment to my kid, as your son is now studying in Anfield, can you explain more about this school?  eg teachers, activities, environment, etc.  By the way, how many days your son studied when he was in playgroup.
Await your advice.  Thanks!

16#
發表於 06-11-16 15:37 |只看該作者

Hi iristony,

We joined 3 days in a week for the playgroup.  I can tell only those teachers who taught or are teaching my son.  They are nice, friendly and experienced.  They are either native English speaker or native Mandarin speaker.  The environment is good.  It has different theme to talk about every month, e.g. my body, me family, mid-autumn festival, etc.  They have lots of activities, such as cooking, music, P.E., field trip, sports day, show&tell, etc.

You may visit its website to learn more about its approach and curriculum.

www.anfield.com.hk
[img align=left]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10714;112/st/20031224/n/my+boy/dt/12/k/141d/age.png[/img]

17#
發表於 06-11-18 00:19 |只看該作者

三家姐,
Thanks for your sharing.
On the other hand, do you know which kind of phonics is taught in Anfield ?

Do you find your child improve much in English?

18#
發表於 06-11-18 10:43 |只看該作者

sks,

My son is now in K1 (big kids class).  The teaching approach is different between local and int. kinders. e.g. a parent told me that her daughter studies in a local kinder.  One day, a classmate cried in the class, her daughter stood up and went to comfort her.  However, the class teacher said her daughter is wrong to do so because she should stay in her seat!! For a int. kinder, the teacher will appreciate the kid! . For local kinder, they like to say "bad" or "good".  In int. kinder, they may think the so-called "bad" acts is the natural development of a kid, e.g. run around.  On the other hand, don't think that there is no discipline in int. kinder.  For Anfield the discipline is quite strict :wink: , but it's reasonable.  e.g. all kids must be line up when going into the classroom.  If a kid jump the queue, he/she has to go to the end of the line and go again .  There are many activities prepared for the kids, in the coming December 15th, they will hold a X'mas Concert.  All kids in the school can perform in the stage!!!! .  They don't concern much on the result (e.g. the kid sings well or not), they only conern about the participation of the kids.  I hope that the infromation is useful.  BTW, Anfield is famous for its discipline and languages.

19#
發表於 06-11-19 00:27 |只看該作者

Fattymom,

Thanks.
Your son is big boy, is that you need to apply ESF in April/07?

My daughter has been in Anfield playground (now she is in nursery at other school) , and I found the teachers are nice and experiences in Anfield, and teach Manderin that is why I put it in my consideration list.

I saw some comments from BK mom that Anfield is famous for discipline and language.
Acutally, I don’t worry much for the discipline in Kinder. I worry that in int. secondary school. It seems consider too much, but when I choose Anfield, I may consider ESF or Int school for my daughter.

In addition, we speak Cantonese at home and as I know the competition for ESF is very keen. I worry if my daughter could enter the ESF as English is not her first language…. too much issues need to consider.

Do you know when Anfield will teach phonics?
Which kind of phonics has your son learnt from Anfield?

20#
發表於 06-11-19 08:48 |只看該作者

sks,

Yes, my son will apply ESF next year.  My target is the new school RC in Ma On Shan.  On the other hand, I've applied JIS for the reception class.  If he is (very lucky) admitted, he may go to JIS next year until P6.  Now, I'm also thinking whether to let him go to JIS or not (indeed, it's very difficult to get in, it's a very good school)  If he stays in Anfield, I'm quite sure couples of his classmate will go to RC together with him.  If so, the kid will feel very happy even going to start all over again in a new school.  Now, he has numbers of best friend.  At least, his most most best best best girl friend will go to RC.  I'm thinking to let him stay with them Further, RC is bigger than JIS.  For JIS, the international section, totally, from reception to P6, has only 120-140 students.  I want my son to have more friends : .
BTW, sorry, I don't know the details about phonic.  U may call Anfield for the details .  A classmate of my son who speaks Cantonese at home (until recently he's got a bun), his Eng. is good!  Now, my son does not want to speak Cantonese, he always insists on watching English TV prog.  As far as I know, no Anfield student has failed to get a seat in Int. Elementary unless they shift to local school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題