教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Singapore International School
查看: 5814|回覆: 20
go

Singapore International School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-28 21:20 |只看該作者

Singapore International School

Dear All,

I would like to know the captioned school has a secondary school or not.  

Thanks!

Fili

2#
發表於 06-11-28 23:43 |只看該作者

Re: Singapore International School

yes. but s1 and s2 will remain in primary campus. the new campus will be in hk south?!

Can anyone pls give me some info?
1) will the students learn chinese history, culture, poem, literature... in the school coz they are using singapore textbook.
2) what are the extra-curriculum classes or clubs? which one needs to be paid and how much?

3#
發表於 06-11-28 23:57 |只看該作者

In Singapore all pupils learn English as first language and mother language as second language. Chineses learn Chinese as second language, Malays learn Bahasa Malay and Indians learn Tamil. SIS does not teach Tamil & Bahasa Malay probably there is only very very little of non-Chinese Singaporean here.

will the students learn chinese history, culture, poem, literature... in the school coz they are using singapore textbook?

SIS chinese text book/syllabus do cover chinse history, culture ,poem...... but of course there also some Singapore histories and cultures.

Below are some of examples extract from Chinese text book:-
Shou zhu dai tu (waiting by the tree stump for a hare)- fable wrote by philosopher, Han Fei During the priod of the Warring States.
Nan Gua - lan yu chong su - The non-play who makes up the number
Zeng Zi sha zhu - As parents we to have to keep our promise in order to gain trust from our children
Hou Yi she tai yang ( Chinese Hero who shot ten
suns)
Hua mu lan - dai fu cong jun
Xiao shun de Di Ren Zi
Kong Zi - great teacher
Yue Fei- jin zhong bao gua
Zheng He xia xi yang (China officer who
visited xi yang seven times)
Ou Yang Xiu - He was poor and could not afford paper and pencil.His mother teah him to write on a sand with stick.
Si ma Guang -a child who broke a vase to save his drowning friend.
Chinese zodiac -Why cat was not selected as one of the representative among the 12 aminals.
Sometimes the Chinese teacher would introduce some poems written by Li Bai, Bai Ju Yi (famous for his simplicity) & Du Mu ( One of his famous poem is Cheng Ming).

2) what are the extra-curriculum classes or clubs? which one needs to be paid and how much?

The CCA are asbelow:-
Art club, Athletics, Brownies,Chinese Dance, Chinese Drama , Chinese Orchestra ( Fees: HKD 1000 per chid per year + music instrument),Choir, English Drama, Gymnatics, Innovation & Discovery Activity Club, Happy Bee, Netball, Oriental Dance, Petanque,Scouts, Soccer, Swimming ets.

4#
發表於 06-11-29 00:15 |只看該作者

I'm applying PY1 for 2007.

Thanks for your reply.
In that case the school provides a lot of afterschool activities mostly free of charge.
Is it very common to hire tutor or take classes during after school? Hope the students is not having a lot of pressure like those in local schools.

5#
發表於 06-11-29 00:37 |只看該作者

SIS also do have swimming class and French as third languaue for pupils.These are include in the school/tuition fee.
I do not know if tuition is common or not. If you kid start with PY1, I belief he/she should be well-prepared (with good foundation in Chinese, English & Math) for primary.
I saw many miracles - my kids' schoolmates who could pick-up fluent Chinese/English in few months times. Hooray! Kids are wonderful!   

6#
發表於 06-11-29 00:47 |只看該作者

my child is fluent in mandarin & english.
so this is not my worry.

my only concern is:-
1) whether it's the right choice to choose sis but not st paul's co-ed, dgs or st. stephen's college (provided she can get in   )
2) whether the chinese culture/history is enough
3) if there is any hidden cost on top of the 6x-7xk per annual school fee.
4) if the pressure is more or less the same as the mentioned schools.

Any sharing?

7#
發表於 06-11-29 18:16 |只看該作者

This my vey PERSONAL view:-

In SIS the pressure is solely depend on the expectation of the paretns. If you want your kid to be top in the level , of course you have to work harder and more stressful.
If you wish your kid to be average in the level, there will not be so much stress.
SIS does not announce the position of its pupils , even to the parent. Only if your kids are in top 3 in the class and level then you will be invited to prize presentation day.
In SIS I see "zero" discrimination between excellement, average and below average pupils. No favouritism as each child is given a fair opportunity.
For hiden cost, I will find it you for you n details.

For traditional school I know nothing, I am wiiling to learn from other parents.

Of course, in traditional regardless of you wish to be top/excellent or not? you have to pressure from  

8#
發表於 06-11-29 20:44 |只看該作者

any open day?

9#
發表於 06-12-1 12:36 |只看該作者

SIS-PTA Christmas Fair
Join us on Saturday 9 December 2006,
10am to 5pm

Plus, open-air performances by our SIS Chinese Orchestra from 12.15pm to 12.30pm and the Choir from 12.40pm to 12.55pm, both at the Plaza.  Don’t miss!

There are a record number of children performing in Concert 1, 2 and 3, relative to the limited number of seats in the Auditorium.  

10#
發表於 06-12-1 14:33 |只看該作者

May I know if the fair is open to public? Thanks

Bib

11#
發表於 06-12-1 14:40 |只看該作者

原來我們非SIS的家長和小朋友也可以參加,真是太好了。   
yyyy 寫道:
SIS-PTA Christmas Fair
Join us on Saturday 9 December 2006,
10am to 5pm

Plus, open-air performances by our SIS Chinese Orchestra from 12.15pm to 12.30pm and the Choir from 12.40pm to 12.55pm, both at the Plaza.  Don’t miss!

There are a record number of children performing in Concert 1, 2 and 3, relative to the limited number of seats in the Auditorium.  

12#
發表於 06-12-1 15:51 |只看該作者

more...

Shopping in the Gym and Plaza
It’s about time to buy your Christmas presents. Why not visit our Gym and the Plaza to do some early Christmas shopping?

P5 Gym        :        books, educational toys, childrenswear, costume jewellery,
                        shoes, US healthy candies, Aussie organic fruits & veggies,
home products and much more.

Plaza Level        :        wine, books, organic juice & soup, prepacked coffee beans.
                        Free coffee drinks giveaways whilst supplies last!

•        Cash transactions only at the trading stalls
•        Don’t miss anything, visit each stall!

Games
P5 Gym        :        Mad Science, Clay Craft, Sticker Printing, Teachers’ Games
                        booths: Happy Brownies, Ole, Snapshots and Chocolate Stall.

P6 Multi-        :        Leaps & Bounds, Art & Crafts Corner, Teachers’
Purpose Rm                Games booths: Sponge a Teacher, Sharp Shooter Stall.

Plaza Level        :        Fishing game, Outdoor entertainment (1pm onwards):
Santa, Uni-cycle Clown, Street Magic.

Tennis Court:        Bouncy Castles play area.

L1 Art Rm        :        X’mas Card Making
•        Loads of exciting games   
•        Great prizes to be redeemed at P5 booth.  
•        You may wish to bring your own environmentally friendly bags to help your children to carry the arts & craftswork, redeemed prizes.
•        If you want to know more about nutrition for your growing kids,
stop by the game cart on loan from the Dept of Health
at PL.  Fun games await you and your kids!

13#
發表於 06-12-1 16:11 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 06-12-1 21:05 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 06-12-2 09:11 |只看該作者

Will SIS accept admission of students to Primary 5 or primary 6? My daughter is now studying in P5 in one of the traditional school in Hong Kong. We found that the pressure of studies is quite" unbearable". We would like to have a happier learning enviroment for her.
All the feedback suggests that SIS is a very good school.

16#
發表於 06-12-5 22:51 |只看該作者

Chiuyy,
I don't know SIS will accept P5 / P6 application. But you have to consider... Will you daughter continoulsy study at SIS secondary school? It will start in 2007. If no, you better think some int'l school with well-established secondary schools.

For my opinion, SIS is a very good school and it's mechanism is close to the local schools.

17#
發表於 06-12-5 23:16 |只看該作者

i just check the sis website, well, actually my bb is still very small but i think it is no harm to check edu info right now.

Can i ask...

1) is preparatory year 1-2 = K1-K2?
2) is there any interview required for admission

thanks...
誕生日: 2006年2月14號重2.735kg, 長 48cm

18#
發表於 06-12-6 11:45 |只看該作者

py1=k2
need interview, either English or Mandarin

ckbee 寫道:
i just check the sis website, well, actually my bb is still very small but i think it is no harm to check edu info right now.

Can i ask...

1) is preparatory year 1-2 = K1-K2?
2) is there any interview required for admission

thanks...

19#
發表於 06-12-6 22:22 |只看該作者

thx yyyy
誕生日: 2006年2月14號重2.735kg, 長 48cm

20#
發表於 06-12-8 01:01 |只看該作者

if your child is in py1, how do you arrange her schedule?

11:00 lunch
11:30 go to school
15:00 pick up from school

how about extra classes? in the morning or afternoon? still need to nap?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題